Edit History

bloodsprite

bloodsprite

"You keep saying 'Caitiff' like it's some dirty word; I just come without the complex baggage. You're Ventrue; how many deals have you seen others in your clan backtrack on because someone higher in your clan said so? You don't want to be seen to work with me because I am a 'Caitiff,' but you don't want to be seen with whoever you get to do this if you want it to be deniable.

Now if you make this deal with that Tremere you are about to talk to instead of me, you have to worry that her whole chain of command above her is on board too, and they will let this minorly embarrassing clandestine operation of yours stay secret.

Besides, I already know about it; the best way to keep it a secret is to let me be culpable too; I can't embarrass you for something I was a party to.

And what I am asking for is not some future boon yet to be named and hanging over your head; I will let you know what I want now. I would like that you invest in my business with a little bit of your vast money; I was successful in my last city, it's just that closing suddenly when ordered here was not conducive to selling a business for top dollar, and unlike you, I don't have a clan network to trade my business on. What do you say to 10% not of profit but of revenue? It's generous enough that you can claim that you strong-armed me into this deal, not that I asked for it; I get my business off the ground here, you make a very generous return, help me ensure that I don't upset any of your or your clan mates' business concerns by picking a site without telling me what those concerns are, Yet still have the motivation to pick somewhere good for me because it makes you the most money for as long as possible, and I know you won't sabotage my business on a whim because I will be making you money. I'll show you the public and private books for my last operation, my customer demographic, and a comparison of market demographics between here and my last city.

It's like asking you to let me do you a favor in return for letting me do you a favor."

bloodsprite

bloodsprite

"You keep saying 'Caitiff' like it's some dirty word; I just come without the complex baggage. You're Ventrue; how many deals have you seen others in your clan backtrack on because someone higher in your clan said so? You don't want to be seen to work with me because I am a 'Caitiff,' but you don't want to be seen with whoever you get to do this if you want it to be deniable.

Now if you make this deal with that Tremere you are about to talk to instead of me, you have to worry that her whole chain of command above her is on board too, and they will let this minorly embarrassing clandestine operation of yours stay secret.

Besides, I already know about it; the best way to keep it a secret is to let me be culpable too; I can't embarrass you for something I was a party to.

And what I am asking for is not some future boon yet to be named and hanging over your head; I will let you know what I want now. I would like that you invest in my business with a little bit of your vast money; I was successful in my last city, it's just that closing suddenly when ordered here was not conducive to selling a business for top dollar, and unlike you, I don't have a clan network to trade my business on. What do you say to 10% not of profit but of revenue? It's generous enough that you can claim that you strong-armed me into this deal, not that I asked for it; I get my business off the ground here, you make a very generous return, help me ensure that I don't upset any of your or your clan mates' business concerns by picking a site without telling me what those concerns are, Yet still have the motivation to pick somewhere good for me because it makes you the most money for as long as possible, and I know you won't sabotage my business on a whim because I will be making you money. I'll show you the public and private books for my last operation, my customer demographic, and a comparison of market demographics between here and my last city. "

bloodsprite

bloodsprite

And what I am asking for is not some future boon yet to be named and hanging over your head; I will let you know what I want now. I would like that you invest in my business with a little bit of your vast money; I was successful in my last city, it's just that closing suddenly when ordered here was not conducive to selling a business for top dollar, and unlike you, I don't have a clan network to trade my business on. What do you say to 10% not of profit but of revenue? It's generous enough that you can claim that you strong-armed me into this deal, not that I asked for it; I get my business off the ground here, you make a very generous return, help me ensure that I don't upset any of your or your clan mates' business concerns by picking a site without telling me what those concerns are, Yet still have the motivation to pick somewhere good for me because it makes you the most money for as long as possible, and I know you won't sabotage my business on a whim because I will be making you money. I'll show you the public and private books for my last operation, my customer demographic, and a comparison of market demographics between here and my last city. I'll even lease the property from you on top of the 10%."

bloodsprite

bloodsprite

And what I am asking for is not some future boon yet to be named and hanging over your head; I will let you know what I want now. I would like that you invest in my business with a little bit of your vast money; I was successful in my last city, it's just that closing suddenly when ordered here was not conducive to selling a business for top dollar, and unlike you, I don't have a clan network to trade my business on. What do you say to 10% not of profit but of revenue? It's generous enough that you can claim that you strong-armed me into this deal, not that I asked for it; I get my business off the ground here, you make a very generous return, help me ensure that I don't upset any of your or your clan mates' business concerns by picking a site without telling me what those concerns are, and I know you won't sabotage my business on a whim because I will be making you money. I'll show you the public and private books for my last operation, my customer demographic, and a comparison of market demographics between here and my last city."