Edit History

Demented

Demented

Most of that's fair, so if I don't comment, assume it's fine, but...

1 hour ago, Paxon said:

I need to add some stuff around main cannon rounds. I also wanted to integrate some different ammunition types there that can be purchased/scavenged. Dumdum ammunition for the main cannon can also be forged, and the tank will have capacity for 30 stored rounds. For the built in machine guns, I purposely kept it abstract, using the "uses per day" designation from the technician versions of these. You have 12 uses per day across all these built in MGs, firing however many rounds narratively makes sense in a long burst. After that, you're out of ammo for these specialty guns. So the loader being able to make more ammo replenishes uses per day. 

I was going to ask about cannon rounds too, but I didn't because I didn't figure out what the damage should be.  Assuming the listed round is the AP shell, I'd have wanted to see an HE round (burst radius), and a canister round (scatter quality).

12 shots for the MGs is extremely light.  For reference, the base M1 Abrams carries 900 rounds of .50-caliber and 10,400 rounds of .30-caliber ammo.  Even at full cyclic with no breaks for reloading or cooling, that's about 90 seconds of fire for the .50 and 5-7 minutes for the .30s.  Two auto bursts a turn, expected for a 6th-level crew, can put out 200 rounds per gun per minute, that's still a lot more ammo than you can use in the space of a typical Pathfinder encounter.

EDIT:  Bonus question!

Since masterwork weapons now provide circumstance instead of enhancement bonuses, will those circumstance bonuses get transferred from guns to unarmed strike via the Gun Kata talent?

Demented

Demented

Most of that's fair, so if I don't comment, assume it's fine, but...

1 hour ago, Paxon said:

I need to add some stuff around main cannon rounds. I also wanted to integrate some different ammunition types there that can be purchased/scavenged. Dumdum ammunition for the main cannon can also be forged, and the tank will have capacity for 30 stored rounds. For the built in machine guns, I purposely kept it abstract, using the "uses per day" designation from the technician versions of these. You have 12 uses per day across all these built in MGs, firing however many rounds narratively makes sense in a long burst. After that, you're out of ammo for these specialty guns. So the loader being able to make more ammo replenishes uses per day. 

I was going to ask about cannon rounds too, but I didn't because I didn't figure out what the damage should be.  Assuming the listed round is the AP shell, I'd have wanted to see an HE round (burst radius), and a canister round (scatter quality).

12 shots for the MGs is extremely light.  For reference, the base M1 Abrams carries 900 rounds of .50-caliber and 10,400 rounds of .30-caliber ammo.  Even at full cyclic with no breaks for reloading or cooling, that's about 90 seconds of fire for the .50 and 5-7 minutes for the .30s.  Two auto bursts a turn, expected for a 6th-level crew, can put out 200 rounds per gun per minute, that's still a lot more ammo than you can use in the space of a typical Pathfinder encounter.