Closed Game  ·  1 member

Empire City

Caden "Sentry" Ramirez

Sounds good, I've edited it with those updates. For the kind of Xian Superboy Tactile TK tank I'm going for, would a more Dynamic build for the power suite work better? Plus if he's a Xian, I'd need to do a bit of rework anyways yeah? Maybe it's just me not knowing the system well but that seems like the way to go to fit the theme rather than the multiple individual powers I have him built with currently. I differ to your expert opinion.

5 hours ago, TennoRell said:

Sounds good, I've edited it with those updates. For the kind of Xian Superboy Tactile TK tank I'm going for, would a more Dynamic build for the power suite work better? Plus if he's a Xian, I'd need to do a bit of rework anyways yeah? Maybe it's just me not knowing the system well but that seems like the way to go to fit the theme rather than the multiple individual powers I have him built with currently. I differ to your expert opinion.

If you go Xian, yes you will need to rework it. xian will cover regeneration and the likes already.

Dynamic suite, It could be, guess here I would do:

I would keep Telekinesis and force shield on its own (target whatever how much you want to lift, maybe put force field dependent limiter on Telekinesis)

Use Dynamic Powers Level 1 (2) (Major: Mind Powers -1, with detectable: Psychic, Hearing, Sight +2), this will make effectively a level 2 effect, which means every turn you can use up to 4 levels of attribute (all limited to a max of level 2 each) which cover stuff like mind shield/telepathy and any other simple mind tricks. When you need to and can do it, you will be able to push the power for more powerful effects.

You might want to acquire some Attack and Defence Combat Value mastery in attributes.

Edited by Rogers (see edit history)

Okay the more I think about trying to make the character theme/build fit, the more I'm realizing I'm making it more complicated that it needs to be. If it's alright with you, I think I should do a complete rework to keep it simple (especially learning a new system) and just go for more of a straight up tank/bruiser. Like this world's version of Colossus or street level Hulk type of thing. I'd keep the backstory and personality the same though. Thoughts? And as always, any build assistance would be greatly appreciated!

4 minutes ago, TennoRell said:

Okay the more I think about trying to make the character theme/build fit, the more I'm realizing I'm making it more complicated that it needs to be. If it's alright with you, I think I should do a complete rework to keep it simple (especially learning a new system) and just go for more of a straight up tank/bruiser. Like this world's version of Colossus or street level Hulk type of thing. I'd keep the backstory and personality the same though. Thoughts? And as always, any build assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Simple is good, and I wouldn't worry too much about grabbing a bunch of attributes with the fear of missing out or something. Sure go for it.

Awesome, thanks for being understanding! I've updated the original sheet and went very Colossus with the build. Also dropped some defects to keep it simple, he's no longered mechanically tied to the company but also is less rich too which I think fits better for a more "street-level" group.

32 minutes ago, TennoRell said:

Great! Anything else needed before the game gets rolling? Also, I have him currently based out of the Midwest but that can change to fit the story/setting too.

Most of the game will be in Empire City (Sentinel-Earth name for New York City). Was trying to type something about it, but there is technically a lot of stuff.