Edit History

Aavarius

Aavarius

A few notes for the GM.

• Andraste has a custom background. It's essentially the Acolyte background with a couple tweaks to match backstory better. Obviously, this will require your approval.
  • Starting equipment was generated by using the automatic lists in both the Acolyte background and the Sorcerer class.
    • The following items from starting equipment were sold for half price, their gp values indicated with them: Light x-bow (12.5), 20 bolts (0.05), Dagger (1), Tinderbox (0.25), and 10 torches (1), totaling 13.9 gp Combined with the 15 gp from Acolyte, this gave me 28.9 gp of currency to spend on a few extra items.
    • I took the option for the moon-weapon.
  • Since she has no cultural connection to elves, I exchanged the half-elf's elvish language proficiency with the celestial language--presumably the liturgical language she would have learned as part of growing up in a temple.
  • Several items listed are just normal items from the PHB with their generic names rewritten. They're otherwise identical in function. I tried to make it clear what the item was originally.

In my head canon, Andraste isn't simply a half-elf who has a dragon ancestory. She is the product of some sort of conspiracy to create a living vessel of magic by combining the arcane traits of dragons and elves using the infinite adaptability of humans as a starting stock. Think magical transhumanism. Or genetic apotheosis. You get the idea, I hope.

So who would do such a thing, and perhaps more importantly, what is their end goal? That's for you to decide as part of your Doomed Forgotten Realms. Perhaps she's one of Vecna's experiments? Since all the bad guys won, maybe the Cult of the Dragon's behind it? In any other setting it would be a case of "secret gov't programs they lost control of".

But just as important, how did she get abandoned with the Oghmanyte priests in Neverwinter? I think it was somebody involved in the conspiracy/experiment who developed a conscious and didn't want to let the bad guys get a living weapon. Perhaps it was one of her parents?

These questions I want to be surprised about! I'm open to whatever you might come up with so long as you tie it into the setting some way. I'm excited to learn the secret history at the same time Andraste does.

Aavarius

Aavarius

A few notes for the GM.

• Andraste has a custom background. It's essentially the Acolyte background with a couple tweaks to match backstory better. Obviously, this will require your approval.
  • Starting equipment was generated by using the automatic lists in both the Acolyte background and the Sorcerer class.
    • The following items from starting equipment were sold for half price, their gp values indicated with them: Light x-bow (12.5), 20 bolts (0.05), Dagger (1), Tinderbox (0.25), and 10 torches (1), totaling 13.9 gp Combined with the 15 gp from Acolyte, this gave me 28.9 gp of currency to spend on a few extra items.
    • I took the option for the moon-weapon.
  • Since she has no cultural connection to elves, I exchanged the half-elf's elvish language proficiency with the celestial language--presumably the liturgical language she would have learned as part of growing up in a temple.
  • Several items listed are just normal items from the PHB with their generic names rewritten. They're otherwise identical in function. I tried to make it clear what the item was originally.

In my head canon, Andraste isn't simply a half-elf who has a dragon ancestory. She is the product of some sort of conspiracy to create a living vessel of magic by combining the arcane traits of dragons and elves using the infinite adaptability of humans as a starting stock. Think magical transhumanism. Or genetic apotheosis. You get the idea, I hope.

So who would do such a thing, and perhaps more importantly, what is their end goal? That's for you to decide as part of your Doomed Forgotten Realms. Perhaps she's one of Vecna's experiments?

But just as important, how did she get abandoned with the Oghmanyte priests in Neverwinter? I think it was somebody involved in the conspiracy/experiment who developed a conscious and didn't want to let the bad guys get a living weapon. Perhaps it was one of her parents?

These questions I want to be surprised about! I'm open to whatever you might come up with so long as you tie it into the setting some way. I'm excited to learn the secret history at the same time Andraste does.

Aavarius

Aavarius

A few notes for the GM.

• I took the option to get a couple spell scrolls instead of the moon-weapon.
  • Several items with OOC text are just normal items from the PHB with their generic names rewritten. They're otherwise identical in function.

So who would do such a thing, and perhaps more importantly, what is their end goal? That's for you to decide as part of your Doomed Forgotten Realms. Perhaps she's one of Vecna's experiments?

Aavarius

Aavarius

A few notes for the GM.

• Several items with OOC text are just normal items from the PHB with their generic names rewritten. They're otherwise identical in function.

Aavarius

Aavarius

A few notes for the GM.

So who would do such a thing, and perhaps more importantly, what is their end goal? That part I want to be surprised at. Use this in your Doomed Forgotten Realms however you wish. Perhaps she's one of Vecna's experiments?

Aavarius

Aavarius

A few notes for the GM.