Sheets Viewer Update - Cache Clear May Be Required ×

Edit History

tbgg

tbgg

spacer.png                       Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Level 3 Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 25/25 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 11, Passive Insight 11, Passive Investigation 14
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+4) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 11 (+0) | Cha: 16 (+5)
Languages:  Common, Elven, Solamnic, Kharolian, and Draconic
Spell-casting: +5 or DC 131st 4/4 2nd 1/2 | Bardic Inspiration: 1/3

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’ | My actions

When Decimus talks about what the cloak can do, Mery lets out a frustrated groan. "I am the easiest to hit of all of us and I have no magic available to me that I can use to make myself harder to hit, so something like the cloak sounds supremely useful, yet we keep finding musical instruments that likely only I have any chance of using. Obviously, it would be wrong of me to be greedy and take everything, but I have been honestly wanting something that would make me harder to hit." She sighs.

When it becomes clear Decimus can't tell anything about the javelins, Mery walks over and picks up one of the dead soldier's swords, studying it for a moment. Showing the markings to Artanis and Decimus, she says, "Do you see the flame markings here on this sword? That's what does the fire damage, and I believe that is the type of damage that red dragons do. It seems to be unholy in nature, so I'd say at some level it was infused into the weapon by Takhisis' power. Likely any weapon we find that belonged to a Red Dragon Army soldier or officer that has those flames on it will do the same extra fire damage." She's careful to avert her gaze when the two men show their injuries. It's not that she finds the show of flesh provocative in any way, she just sees respecting their modesty as courteous behavior.

When Artanis half-chides her for her position on Ser Michelle's handkerchief, she gives the knight her most penetrating look and begins speaking in soft, conversational tones. "I can appreciate, Ser Artanis, the kindness that obviously motivates your words. I didn't receive much in the way of masculine kindness during my childhood, and seeing it in you touches a very painful place in me." She's quick to clarify, "...in a good way." Batting irritably at her eyes, she fights for a moment to hold back her tears.

Once she suppresses her tears, she holds up the handkerchief, then continues, "But if you believe that an item as apparently innocuous as this handkerchief cannot be used as a tool of evil and mayhem, then you underestimate the intelligence and ingenuity of women as well as our potential for evil. Where we women excel over most men is in our ability to read, understand, and relate to people, although exceptions do exist on both sides. I myself have some limitations in my ability to read people, although there are some limited circumstances in which I'm pretty accurate. If I were the one captured by the Red Dragon army, I would be fighting to retain any advantage I could, and one way I would try to do so is by making my request seem as innocent as possible. A tale about an item being a final gift from a dead loved one is a great example of how I might go about that."

"I am willing to accept that men are generally better at many objective tasks, and I would ask that you accept that women are generally better with people. Please allow me to rule out the possibilities I see for this handkerchief to be a tool of evil and mayhem, and if you wish to talk mercy, I'm in favor of mercy, but not of extending it blindly. I have some thoughts on how we might go about determining whether mercy is merited in Ser Michelle's case, but it'll require an extended conversation. In private amongst our group and perhaps including someone like Ser Becklin."

She then asks the group at large, "Could one of you do Detect Magic on the handkerchief and perhaps Ser Michelle's armor and gambeson as well? I want to rule out the possibility that any of them have a magical nature."

OOC

Action: 

Bonus Action: —

Movement: —

Reaction:

Mount Movement:

Mount Action: Dodge

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.
                                                                                   Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage. 

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.
                                                   Hit: (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
                                                                   Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit: (1d4+2) piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Bardic Inspiration (3 per long rest, for 1d6)

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Heat Metal

Until the spell ends (up to 1 minute), you can use a bonus action on each of your subsequent turns to cause this damage (1d8 fire damage for each level the spell is cast at, minimum 2nd level) again.

Ammunition:

17 arrows in quiver, 1 arrow bundles in backpack.

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 2nd-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bard spells available for spontaneous casting: 

• Cantrips (2/2 slots): prestidigitation, vicious mockery
  • 1st level (4/4 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds, unseen servant
  • 2nd (2/2 slots): invisibility, heat metal

Class Features:

• 3/3 Bardic Inspiration, recovered after a long rest
  • Song of Rest (Use on any short rest - anyone who hears her performance and chooses to regain a hit die gains an extra 1d6 of HP.)
  • Jack of All Trades (add 1/2 proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.)
  • Bardic College = College of Lore. Gain expertise in 2 skills you already have proficiency in, and proficiency in 3 new skills. (Choosing Persuasion and Deception for Expertise, adding Nature, Stealth, and Religion for Proficiency.)

OOC

I'm making use of Mery's successful arcana check from my previous post here.

tbgg

tbgg

Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 11, Passive Insight 11, Passive Investigation 14
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+4) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 11 (+0) | Cha: 16 (+5)

When Decimus talks about what the cloak can do, Mery lets out a frustrated groan. "I am the easiest to hit of all of us and I have no magic available to me that I can use to make myself harder to hit, so something like the cloak sounds supremely useful, yet we keep finding musical instruments that likely only I have any chance of using. Obviously, it would be wrong of me to be greedy and take everything, but I have been honestly wanting something that would make me harder to hit." She sighs.

When it becomes clear Decimus can't tell anything about the javelins, Mery walks over and picks up one of the dead soldier's swords, studying it for a moment. Showing the markings to Artanis and Decimus, she says, "Do you see the flame markings here on this sword? That's what does the fire damage, and I believe that is the type of damage that red dragons do. It seems to be unholy in nature, so I'd say at some level it was infused into the weapon by Takhisis' power. Likely any weapon we find that belonged to a Red Dragon Army soldier or officer that has those flames on it will do the same extra fire damage." She's careful to avert her gaze when the two men show their injuries. It's not that she finds the show of flesh provocative in any way, she just sees respecting their modesty as courteous behavior.

When Artanis half-chides her for her position on Ser Michelle's handkerchief, she gives the knight her most penetrating look and begins speaking in soft, conversational tones. "I can appreciate, Ser Artanis, the kindness that obviously motivates your words. I didn't receive much in the way of masculine kindness during my childhood, and seeing it in you touches a very painful place in me." She's quick to clarify, "...in a good way." Batting irritably at her eyes, she fights for a moment to hold back her tears.

Once she suppresses her tears, she holds up the handkerchief, then continues, "But if you believe that an item as apparently innocuous as this handkerchief cannot be used as a tool of evil and mayhem, then you underestimate the intelligence and ingenuity of women as well as our potential for evil. Where we women excel over most men is in our ability to read, understand, and relate to people, although exceptions do exist on both sides. I myself have some limitations in my ability to read people, although there are some limited circumstances in which I'm pretty accurate. If I were the one captured by the Red Dragon army, I would be fighting to retain any advantage I could, and one way I would try to do so is by making my request seem as innocent as possible. A tale about an item being a final gift from a dead loved one is a great example of how I might go about that."

"I am willing to accept that men are generally better at many objective tasks, and I would ask that you accept that women are generally better with people. Please allow me to rule out the possibilities I see for this handkerchief to be a tool of evil and mayhem, and if you wish to talk mercy, I'm in favor of mercy, but not of extending it blindly. I have some thoughts on how we might go about determining whether mercy is merited in Ser Michelle's case, but it'll require an extended conversation. In private amongst our group and perhaps including someone like Ser Becklin."

She then asks the group at large, "Could one of you do Detect Magic on the handkerchief and perhaps Ser Michelle's armor and gambeson as well? I want to rule out the possibility that any of them have a magical nature."

OOC

Action: 

Reaction:

Mount Movement:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Heat Metal

Until the spell ends (up to 1 minute), you can use a bonus action on each of your subsequent turns to cause this damage (1d8 fire damage for each level the spell is cast at, minimum 2nd level) again.

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 2nd-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bard spells available for spontaneous casting: 

• 1st level (4/4 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds, unseen servant

Class Features:

• Song of Rest (Use on any short rest - anyone who hears her performance and chooses to regain a hit die gains an extra 1d6 of HP.)
  • Jack of All Trades (add 1/2 proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.)
  • Bardic College = College of Lore. Gain expertise in 2 skills you already have proficiency in, and proficiency in 3 new skills. (Choosing Persuasion and Deception for Expertise, adding Nature, Stealth, and Religion for Proficiency.)

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

OOC

Action: 

Reaction:

Mount Movement:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Heat Metal

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC