Gilavar Oakhollow, elven rogue

JubalBreakbottle

spacer.pngGilavar Oakhollow

Race: High Elf

Class: Rogue

Background: Outlander

Character sheet

Submission

I'm certainly not a new player but love to play by post, especially 5e D&D. I'm submitting an application for a few reasons:

1. I've never played and want to play the adventure
  2. I enjoy the idea of building and playing a PHB-only character
  3. I'm still exploring BALDR and like the idea of using the character sheet

Player Bio

Been playing D&D since the red box. Addicted to role-playing games. Married a long time with two teenagers. Living in a city in the Eastern Time Zone.

Description

This average-sized male elf has short, knife-cut bluish black hair and golden inhuman eyes.  His pale skin indicates more time spent beneath a tree canopy than in open fields.  His resting face has a little grin inviting conversation while he surveys the scene.  

He wears intricate leather armor beneath a wolf skin cloak.  He carries a walking stick, and a sheathed shortsword and dagger hang from his weapons’ belt.  Another dagger is strapped to the outside of his right, soft leather boot that laces under his knee.  Despite shouldering a leather pack, quiver, and shortbow, his movements are graceful and almost feline, normally slow and deliberate bounding to speed when reacting.

Personality

Gilavar is cautiously curious of Faerun.  Having traveled for decades with his people, he is confident to avoid the dangers of the wild.  Now struck with wanderlust, he seeks to test the dangers of civilization and translates his clan name from Elvish for easier acceptance.

He believes in the greater good and that his purpose is to oppose powerful beings who seek to control and destroy.  While he is proud of his elven lineage, he respects the abilities and history of other races who have produced both heroes and villains.

While he would only sacrifice himself for his friends and family, he instinctively does what he can to protect those who cannot protect themselves.

Gilavar is slow to trust anyone beyond his family.  Trust must be earned and given, but people are more uncertain than the dangers of the wild and must be handled carefully.

Backstory

Gilavar grew up in a small, nomadic elven clan of Oakhollow who ranges the west of Faerun.  Their divine patron of Rillifane Rallathil makes them more comfortable in the wild, so they only enter towns and cities to trade and resupply.  While their lifestyle is closer to their wood elf cousins, their connection to magic is much stronger. For example, they camp in an invisble Magnificent Mansion each night when they travel.

Recently, Gilavar killed a wolf by himself and made its coat into a trophy cloak.  Even though he is more than a decade from his majority, he took the event of killing a pack member as a sign that he was ready to leave his pack and wander alone.  After a few weeks off road, he approaches Phanladin needing a whetstone.  His previous whetstone shattered when he dropped his pack on a hidden rock.

Key Skills & Tools

Stealth +7

Acrobatics +5

Perception +5

Sleight of Hand +5

Thieves' tools +5

Investigation +4

Survival +3

Going for Arcane Trickster at 3rd level

Role is sneaky, glass cannon

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)
Name
2nd level hit points
1d8 8

• 4 weeks later...

spacer.pngGilavar Oakhallow | High Elven Ranger | HP 20/20

Saves & Abilities

AC (Leather) 14 | Initiative +3 | Darkvision 60 ft | Perception +5 | Investigation +4 | Insight +1

Speed: 30 ft | Saves: Str +0 | Dex +5 | Con +2 | Int +4 | Wis +1 | Cha +0

Attacks: Shortsword +5, Piercing 1d6+3 | Shortbow +5, Piercing 1d6+3 | Sneak Attack +1d6

Stealth +7 | Acrobatics +5 | Sleight of Hand +5 | Survival +3 | Athletics +2

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)