Conscript

PRIMARY ROLE
Quick Movement offensive Ground Troop, Tank

SECONDARY ROLE

Comedy Relief, Dad Jokes, Poor Humor

CREW POSITION
TBD

Appearance

John looks mostly human, but there are tattoos along his body and face that look like fluorescent ink. He has a scar along his right eyebrow and a zigzag scar on left side near the temple to the back of the skull. This is where surgery performed along the scar line and various parts of his body, where the tattoos cover them. He appears youthful and in pristine shape. Much stronger than he could appear physically, this being done through mechanical parts throughout his body.

Personality

John has an innocence about him, he recalls nothing about his past. Although he really has no need to sleep, he finds his thoughts wandering to a time from before. Through guidance of his former caretaker, John has relearned a lot of the current state of affairs, though he has an almost innate knowledge of things from a time before. John is blunt and straight forward, his mechanical parts have caused his emotions to be somewhat numbed down, he has no carnal desires and has no need to eat, but will do so in order to fit in.

Backstory

John Doe was a human modified with a cybernetic endoskeleton made of genetically modified flesh and titanium steel. It was around the year 2003 in the pre-history that he and other death row inmates were coerced into donating their bodies for medical research. Several years had passed since John's execution and it was around 2018 of the pre-history that the company Cybertech Systems was halted by an unnamed hero. This left the body of John Doe undiscovered in a hibernation stasis where remained asleep for over a thousand years.

06fc722dc68efee11fb8f661643415b2.jpg.2fc036de0d42a14a117f42c5a7548404.jpg

John Doe woke after an earthquake hit in facility in once what was known as California. The city had long ago sunk into the ocean leaving the facility underwater. The splitting of rock, stone and other falling debris cracked the stasis chamber which housed John's body. This caused the long dormant human cyborg to be activated and restored functionality. John Doe most likely would have ceased to function that day, but with the human part of him, his survival instincts kicked in and managed to endure the underwater pressure and make it to the surface. upon reaching the shoreline, John had wandered the barren wastelands unable to recall who he was.  He simply felt that the world seemed different, but having no memories of his previous life, he was unaware of how time has changed.

It was fate that John found an old railway. Logically he thought it had to lead somewhere. Although he had to fend off attacks from strange wildlife, he was discovered by the Tinker Express. There he met an old engineer named Cristopher Small, a short man who took pity and called the nameless man John Doe due to the fact that John didn't know his original name. Christopher allowed him to stay on the train as manual labor until he could find his place in the world. Chris often teased John for his lack of common sense and awkward behavior, but when it came to combat and military offensive and defensive tactics, he had proved to be a natural.

One of the towns that the rail stopped in had a Tank crew at one of the local drinking holes. Although John never had felt the urge to drink or eat, he did so because he thought he must. As a barroom brawl began by a drunk patron, it was there that one of the Tank crew spotted John's potential as he easily took hit after hit from random chairs and thrown mugs and bottles. Shrugging them off as if nothing and not taking offense to it either. John felt loyalty to Christopher, but when speaking with his caretaker, Chris gave John his blessings and actually urged him to join the Leader of Tank 1A-X B3 who was also acquainted with Christopher took the clueless warrior under his wing, turning him to a strong gunner and tank support.

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

Str: 18, Dex: 14, Con: 16, Int: 13, Wis: 14, Cha: 10
Level Increase 4th, 8th: +2 Str
Enhanced Abilities: +2 Str, +2 Con
Str: 22, Dex: 14, Con: 18, Int: 13, Wis: 14, Cha: 10

Standard Racial Traits

Ability Scores: Generous point buy. Human cyborgs characters  increase the point buy for character generation by 10 points, giving characters greater customization when purchasing ability scores and increasing the point buy ability score cap from 18 to 20. Purchasing a 19 (from a 18) costs 4 points and purchasing a 20 (from a 19) costs 5 points. Improving an ability score from 10 to 19 would cost a character a total of 21 points, and improving an ability score from 10 to 20 would cost a character a total of 26 points.
    Size: Human cyborgs are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    Type: Human Cyborgs are of the humanoid type, with the half-construct subtypes.
    Base Speed: Humans cyborgs have a base speed of 30 feet.
    Languages: Humans cyborgs begin play speaking Common. Humans cyborgs with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.

Potent Racial Traits
    Endless Stamina: You are immune to fatigue and exhaustion.

Auxiliary Racial Traits
   Artificial Soul: You are not healed or harmed by positive or negative energy effects which deal or heal hit point damage. Effects which can be used to repair constructs or objects that cost at least 1 spell point (or which use a spell slot of 1st level or higher) can target you and restore your hit points.
    Developed Tolerance: +2 origin bonus to saving throws against effects that cause the exhaustion and fatigue (including starvation).
    Developed Tolerance: +2 origin bonus to saving throws against effects that cause disease

Utility Racial Traits
    Self-Sustaining: You do not need to eat or drink.

Essence Sphere Variations
    Partial Construction: You may have your body be partially made of metal, crystal, wood, or stone, chosen when you take this variation. This causes you to be treated as a creature made mostly of the corresponding material for the purpose of how magic affects you (for example, a creature made of metal could be affected by the Nature sphere’s Magnetize and would take a penalty to AC and saving throws against the Destruction sphere’s Electric Blast.

You may attempt to hide your artificial parts, but doing so requires a successful Disguise check (DC 10 + your character level, roll is hidden). Alternatively, if attempting to hide your artificial parts as part of a more elaborate disguise, this gives a penalty to that Disguise check equal to your character level. Using an illusion, shapechange, or other magical disguise to hide your artificial parts automatically succeeds. If you choose this, you gain either Hidden Storage or Supplemental Artifice as a bonus talent.

Alternatively, you may select this variation when you take the Artificial Soul talent to take that talent as an auxiliary talent rather than a potent talent.

Additional Auxiliary Race Traits (Granted via feats)

Extra Origin Trait: Developed Tolerance (+2 vs Bleed and pain effects & +2 vs Chaos of combat and distraction abilities)

Extra Origin Trait: Perfect Health (You are immune to disease effects.)

Extra Origin Trait: Redundant Physiology (You are immune to bleed and pain effects.)

Level BAB SAVES Class Abilties Combat Talents
1st +1 Fort: 2 Ref: 2 Will: 2  Bonus Talent, Combat Specializations (5): Fast Movement, Indomitable Will (Ex), Invulnerability (Ex), Combat Training (Ex), Enduring Temper: (Berserker Sphere, Bonus Feat: Combat Stamina), Muscles of Steel (NA +1), Mystical Tattoos (Ex) +2 1+1
2nd +2 Fort: 3 Ref: 3 Will: 3  Invulnerability (DR 1/-), (NA +2) 1+1
3rd +3 Fort: 3 Ref: 3 Will: 3  Bonus talent, Fast Movement +10 ft., (NA +3), Mystical Tattoos (Ex) +4 1+1
4th +4 Fort: 4 Ref: 4 Will: 4  Invulnerability (DR 2/-), (NA +4) 1+1
5th +5 Fort: 4 Ref: 4 Will: 4  Bonus talent, (NA +5) 1+1
6th +6/+1 Fort: 5 Ref: 5 Will: 5  Fast Movement +20 ft., Invulnerability (DR 3/-), (NA +6), Mystical Tattoos (Ex) +6 1+1

Bonus Oath Points: 8
Oath of Candor (1 pt)

Oath of Celibacy (1 pt)

Oath Points: 10

2pts: Enhanced Abilities (Ex) +2 Str, +2 Con

4pts: Energy Resistance (Ex)  (Resistance 10 Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire)

1pt: Enhanced Defenses (Ex) +1 Armor Bonus

1pt: Inhuman Resilience (Ex) +2 Resistance bonus to all saving throws

2pts: Quick Recovery (Ex) You remove nonlethal damage equal to your character level each round. Whenever you are healed hit points by an alchemical item or an application of the Heal skill, you regain additional hit points equal to your character level, up to a maximum of twice the amount healed.

Traits and Drawback

Campaign Trait: Inquisitive Archaeologist

Social Trait: Wanderlust
Regional Trait: Paragon of Speed

Combat Trait: Slippery

Drawback: Stigmatized

Feat Progression

Feat Tax:

1st: Combat Stamina, Mutation (Eternal Transformation, Improved Transformation), Dragon’s Tattoos, Zodiac Tattoos

2nd: Greater Mutation (Talent: Powerful Arms, Vulnerability: Sonic)

3rd:  Combat Vigor

4th:  Extra Origin Trait: Developed Tolerance [auxiliary] (Bleed and pain effects & Chaos of combat and distraction abilities)

5thExtra Origin Trait: Perfect Health [auxiliary] (You are immune to disease effects.)

6th:  Extra Origin Trait: Redundant Physiology [auxiliary] (You are immune to bleed and pain effects.)

Martial Tradition: Tattooed Warrior

Tattooed warriors turn their bodies into weapons through the use of engineered symbols engraved onto their very flesh.

Bonus Talents:

• Equipment: Unarmed Training, Unarmored Training
  • Bonus Feats: Dragon’s Tattoos, Zodiac Tattoos
  • Special: Tattooed warriors gain 1 bonus skill point that must be spent on Craft (tattoos) each time they gain a level in any class.
  •  

Combat and Alternation Talents

1st:  (3+3) Berserker Sphere (Berserking, Brutal Strike), Mutation (Improved Transformation: Low-Light Vision), Firearm Proficiency (discipline), Athletics (Run), Unarmed Training, Unarmored Training

2nd: (2) Tech Sphere, Load Bearer (free), Barrage Sphere

3rd: (2) Sniper Sphere, Speed Boost (run)

4th: (2) Expanded Training (climb, leap), Mechanical Savant, Deathless

5th: (2) Mutation (Improved Transformation: Darkvision), Hydrolic Load Bearer, Cone of Death

6th: (2) Death Blossom, Force Redirection Technique

Rage Power or Bonus Berserker Sphere Talents

2nd: Guarded Life (Ex)

4th: Deathless (Berserker Sphere)

6th: Guarded Life, Greater (Ex)

Mystical Tattoos (Ex) Temporary Berserker Talents
4th: Juggernaut (adrenaline)

Refluffed but basically the same.

Zodiac Tattoos*

Engineered tattoos enhance you from harm and alter your skin into protective armor.

Prerequisite(s): Craft (tattoos) 5 ranks, Unarmored Training or AC Bonus class feature.

Benefit: Covering your body in these intricate tattoos etched by your own hand, you gain the ability to have your skin modified with armor options abilities as though it was a suit of +1 masterwork armor. You cannot have a total bonus of armor special abilities higher than +6. You cannot use this ability to add any armor special abilities that add a flat gp amount to their cost instead of a bonus equivalent.

Force Redirection Technique

Prerequisite: Equipment sphere.

You may use your Strength modifier in place of your Dexterity modifier to AC, up to a maximum of 3 + half of your base attack bonus. Characters who gain Climb or Swim as a class skill may instead choose to have the cap increase by +1 for every 2 ranks in the listed class skill they possess. Your bonus to AC is still affected by anything that would limit or remove your Dexterity modifier to AC such as wearing armor or being flat-footed. You may disable or enable Force Redirection Technique as a free action at the start of your turn, once per turn.

@Paxon

Although it's still a WIP, any issues with what I have currently setup?
I did use the extra origin feat to make him more like a construct/cyborg themed.

In regards to the two extra oath's I have chosen, if they don't fit the theme or do not suggest against them, let me know.

Thanks!

Oh, and I was going to ask this and I forgot. Since I took the Tattooed Warrior Martial Tradition, granting dragon/zodiac tattoos via martial tradition (refluffed it as more cybernetic tattoos instead of runes) it allows me to enchant my body, but in the case the fact my character is partially made of metal/flesh, I was going to see if it was ok if I added bonuses from the Masterwork Equipment rules to my own body.
Paying Homage to the 3.5 Warforged on how they can enchant their actual bodies.

Dragon's Tattoo lets me enchant my limbs, unarmed strikes etc as Masterwork Weapons and I can enchant them.
If I chose to take the something from the Masterwork Equipment section
Does that mean my unarmed strikes are already +1 in value?
If I wanted to add Serrated +1, would I pay the 300 gp value, since I am already considered masterwork, or the cost of Grand Master (1200 - 300 Gp) 900 Gp.

As for Armor bonus. Zodiac Tattoos, it says I treat my skin as +1 leather armor
Do I get the Materwork bonus and pay only 150g, or (600-150) 450 Gp to add Anti-ballistic (+1)

I did take: 1pt: Enhanced Defenses (Ex) +1 Armor Bonus, but not the Enhanced Armaments.

2 hours ago, Steel Warrior said:

@Paxon

Although it's still a WIP, any issues with what I have currently setup?
I did use the extra origin feat to make him more like a construct/cyborg themed.

In regards to the two extra oath's I have chosen, if they don't fit the theme or do not suggest against them, let me know.

Thanks!

Oh, and I was going to ask this and I forgot. Since I took the Tattooed Warrior Martial Tradition, granting dragon/zodiac tattoos via martial tradition (refluffed it as more cybernetic tattoos instead of runes) it allows me to enchant my body, but in the case the fact my character is partially made of metal/flesh, I was going to see if it was ok if I added bonuses from the Masterwork Equipment rules to my own body.
Paying Homage to the 3.5 Warforged on how they can enchant their actual bodies.

Dragon's Tattoo lets me enchant my limbs, unarmed strikes etc as Masterwork Weapons and I can enchant them.
If I chose to take the something from the Masterwork Equipment section
Does that mean my unarmed strikes are already +1 in value?
If I wanted to add Serrated +1, would I pay the 300 gp value, since I am already considered masterwork, or the cost of Grand Master (1200 - 300 Gp) 900 Gp.

As for Armor bonus. Zodiac Tattoos, it says I treat my skin as +1 leather armor
Do I get the Materwork bonus and pay only 150g, or (600-150) 450 Gp to add Anti-ballistic (+1)

I did take: 1pt: Enhanced Defenses (Ex) +1 Armor Bonus, but not the Enhanced Armaments.

Sounds good. Initial glance I'm not spotting anything amiss, but I'll take a more detailed look later.

As to the Dragon/Zodiak tattoos, yes go ahead and treat them as if you had already paid 300/150 for the first masterwork level, and you can enhance them beyond that as per the expanded masterwork rules. 900 gp for Grand Master weapon, 450 GP for Grand Master armor

@Paxon
So.. I am looking at the following Talents

Tech Sphere (When you first gain the Tech sphere, you may learn any one (gadget) talent you qualify for.)

Internal Tool (Free)(accessory, augment, drone, gadget)

Load Bearer (Augment, Drone, Gadget)

When activated with 1 or more charges, the creature is treated as if they were one size category larger for the purposes of their carrying capacity and the size of weapons they may wield. This increases to two size categories larger at 7 ranks in Craft (mechanical), and to three size categories at 14 ranks in Craft (mechanical). Unless otherwise stated, this does not stack with other abilities that increase the maximum size of weapons you may wield, but does stack with other effects that increase effective carrying capacity. The load bearer occupies the body slot and uses up 1 charge per minute of use. Failing a Reflex save against Remote Control makes you staggered for 1 round.

Strength of a Million and Seventy

Prerequisites: Craft (mechanical) 5 ranks, Tech sphere (Load Bearer).

Load bearer augments that you create also add five times your ranks in Craft (mechanical) to your Strength score for the purposes of their carrying capacity and increase your effective size category by one more for the purposes of calculating your carrying capacity (this is in addition to the regular benefits of the Load Bearer talent).

I am not sure exactly how I should make this work. I think it would be good if I had it as an internal tool or gadget.

So my calculations.

Charge Pool: 7, for 7 minutes of use.

Craft Mechanical Ranks 7 (Treated as 2 sizes larger)

Strength 22
Strength of a Million and Seventy (Ranks (7x5) + 22 strength: 57 Strength) for the purpose of carrying capacity, and it now treats me as size Gargantuan.

Load: Light: 177,152 lbs (53 tons) Med: 354,816 lbs (160.9 tons) Max: 532,480 lbs (241.5 tons)

Overhead:    532,480 lbs (241.5 tons)
Off-Ground: 1,064,960 lbs (483 tons)

Push/Drag:  2,662,400 lbs (1207.6 tons)

So, can I effectively flip a tank?  😈
I just want to make sure I am taking the correct talents to achieve this.

I am also picturing this. We could have an extra panel on the tank that can be detached and used as a shield that I can use to shield my party members if they are outside of the tank. It would be like a Gargantuan Tower Shield.

On 5/28/2022 at 5:06 AM, Steel Warrior said:

@Paxon
So.. I am looking at the following Talents

Tech Sphere (When you first gain the Tech sphere, you may learn any one (gadget) talent you qualify for.)

Internal Tool (Free)(accessory, augment, drone, gadget)

Load Bearer (Augment, Drone, Gadget)

When activated with 1 or more charges, the creature is treated as if they were one size category larger for the purposes of their carrying capacity and the size of weapons they may wield. This increases to two size categories larger at 7 ranks in Craft (mechanical), and to three size categories at 14 ranks in Craft (mechanical). Unless otherwise stated, this does not stack with other abilities that increase the maximum size of weapons you may wield, but does stack with other effects that increase effective carrying capacity. The load bearer occupies the body slot and uses up 1 charge per minute of use. Failing a Reflex save against Remote Control makes you staggered for 1 round.

Load bearer augments that you create also add five times your ranks in Craft (mechanical) to your Strength score for the purposes of their carrying capacity and increase your effective size category by one more for the purposes of calculating your carrying capacity (this is in addition to the regular benefits of the Load Bearer talent).

I am not sure exactly how I should make this work. I think it would be good if I had it as an internal tool or gadget.

So my calculations.

Charge Pool: 7, for 7 minutes of use.

Craft Mechanical Ranks 7 (Treated as 2 sizes larger)

Strength 22
Strength of a Million and Seventy (Ranks (7x5) + 22 strength: 57 Strength) for the purpose of carrying capacity, and it now treats me as size Gargantuan.

Load: Light: 177,152 lbs (53 tons) Med: 354,816 lbs (160.9 tons) Max: 532,480 lbs (241.5 tons)

Overhead:    532,480 lbs (241.5 tons)
Off-Ground: 1,064,960 lbs (483 tons)

Push/Drag:  2,662,400 lbs (1207.6 tons)

So, can I effectively flip a tank?  😈
I just want to make sure I am taking the correct talents to achieve this.

I am also picturing this. We could have an extra panel on the tank that can be detached and used as a shield that I can use to shield my party members if they are outside of the tank. It would be like a Gargantuan Tower Shield.

I haven't checked the all the math yet, but one thing I see is that you seem to be treating your ranks in Craft (mechanical) as 7, where you should have no more than 6 right now as a 6th level character. That will both change your calculations (a little) but also make the big increase at 7 ranks not active yet (not at the outset at least). 

As to Strength of a Million and Seventy, I know your char is a cyborg and all, but that kind of lifting power is getting a little outlandish for this campaign. I mean, that's not just flipping a tank, it would be hefting one and lugging it around as a medium load. I'm usually a big fan of feats of strength in games, but I think you can still accomplish some impressive stuff with just Load Bearer, especially when you hit level 7. Load Bearer fine, Strength of 1000070 not approved for this game.

13 hours ago, Paxon said:

I haven't checked the all the math yet, but one thing I see is that you seem to be treating your ranks in Craft (mechanical) as 7, where you should have no more than 6 right now as a 6th level character. That will both change your calculations (a little) but also make the big increase at 7 ranks not active yet (not at the outset at least). 

As to Strength of a Million and Seventy, I know your char is a cyborg and all, but that kind of lifting power is getting a little outlandish for this campaign. I mean, that's not just flipping a tank, it would be hefting one and lugging it around as a medium load. I'm usually a big fan of feats of strength in games, but I think you can still accomplish some impressive stuff with just Load Bearer, especially when you hit level 7. Load Bearer fine, Strength of 1000070 not approved for this game.

lol aww.. I had to double check, it is a Legendary talent, not sure why I was thinking 7th level.
I was looking at how strong a terminator was. Apparently it was as strong as an elephant. Elephant having 30 strength in a PF environment.

The Load Bearer talent only alters my size. Size large until I hit 7 ranks, then it goes to huge etc.. It does nothing for actual strength score.

How about a modification.

Hydraulic Load Bearer

The Load bearer has been augment further. You now also add two times your ranks in Craft (mechanical) to your Strength score for the purposes of their carrying capacity and increase your effective size category by one more for the purposes of calculating your carrying capacity (this is in addition to the regular benefits of the Load Bearer talent). At 15 ranks, you add three times your ranks in Craft (mechanical) to your strength score. When using Hydraulic Load Bearer it now uses 2 charges, but may opt to use only 1 charge for the standard Load Bearer mechanics.

In essence, it's nerfed to x2 instead of x5 initially, max x3
It also uses an extra charge per minute of use. So 2 charges per minute instead of 1 for Load Bearer.

On 5/31/2022 at 3:49 PM, Steel Warrior said:

The Load Bearer talent only alters my size. Size large until I hit 7 ranks, then it goes to huge etc.. It does nothing for actual strength score.

Sure, but going to size Large still gives an x2 to your lifting capacity 🙂

On 5/31/2022 at 3:49 PM, Steel Warrior said:

Hydraulic Load Bearer

The Load bearer has been augment further. You now also add two times your ranks in Craft (mechanical) to your Strength score for the purposes of their carrying capacity and increase your effective size category by one more for the purposes of calculating your carrying capacity (this is in addition to the regular benefits of the Load Bearer talent). At 15 ranks, you add three times your ranks in Craft (mechanical) to your strength score. When using Hydraulic Load Bearer it now uses 2 charges, but may opt to use only 1 charge for the standard Load Bearer mechanics.

In essence, it's nerfed to x2 instead of x5 initially, max x3
It also uses an extra charge per minute of use. So 2 charges per minute instead of 1 for Load Bearer.

Yeah, I think I can live with that. I was going to suggest doing something similar to Giant from the brute sphere, and what you put here actually is pretty close. Scaling up even more at 15 is reasonable. Don't know if we'll make it there, but I hope to! 

You should still be able to lift some quite impressive objects, but not absurd at this point. And you'll still be subject to physics and all that, so you'll need adequate leverage to lift truly immense object.

• 2 weeks later...