Character Creation Questions

Mindcrime

• 3 months later...
42 minutes ago, Jagael said:

I think there are only 2 monk related feats on the vocational list.  1 is only for Drunken Masters and the other can't be taken until 3rd level.  Could Style feats be vocational?

Since you are unable to take a vocational feat at 1st level, you can select an additional one of the appropriate level from the bonus feat list in the monk class description.

So, does our character have to be from this region? Could they be a wandering traveler etc?
I ask because the campaign traits generally fit the locals vs adventurers who happen to be in the region.

I am thinking about the Samurai - Warrior Poet a wandering swordsman.

Although a giant-blooded Titan Mauler wouldn't be too far off.

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, Steel Warrior said:

So, does our character have to be from this region? Could they be a wandering traveler etc?
I ask because the campaign traits generally fit the locals vs adventurers who happen to be in the region.

I am thinking about the Samurai - Warrior Poet a wandering swordsman.

Although a giant-blooded Titan Mauler wouldn't be too far off.

No, the character does not need to be from the region.  

11 minutes ago, Steel Warrior said:

Not really a question,but *#$*#$*& I hate this website's formatting LOL
I copy/pasted an old template from a character I created months ago, but now I can't add anything below it, which requires me to read/monkey around with editing it.

It's certainly different and will take time to get used to. 

On a different note, I looked through the allowed sources that I have listed and did not see any archetypes for the Samurai class, so although the Warrior Poet is not in any of the listed sources, I'll allow it.

6 minutes ago, Mindcrime said:

It's certainly different and will take time to get used to. 

On a different note, I looked through the allowed sources that I have listed and did not see any archetypes for the Samurai class, so although the Warrior Poet is not in any of the listed sources, I'll allow it.

Oh, Thanks, I completely forgot to check the source. It is PIAZO, PF Heroes from the Fringe.

For one of the bonus feats, I was thinking of taking Additional Traits
Traits I am interested in.  Social: Wanderlust, Regional: Silent Hunter and Faction Trait, Either Tomb Raider or Observant

Wanderlust for 10' movement increase and the other two to add perception and stealth as class skills.

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

25 minutes ago, Steel Warrior said:

Oh, Thanks, I completely forgot to check the source. It is PIAZO, PF Heroes from the Fringe.

For one of the bonus feats, I was thinking of taking Additional Traits
Traits I am interested in.  Social: Wanderlust, Regional: Silent Hunter and Faction Trait, Either Tomb Raider or Observant

Wanderlust for 10' movement increase and the other two to add perception and stealth as class skills.

The additional traits is fine, however none of those traits are in the Ultimate Campaign sourcebook.  Additionally, player's are limited to the 7 core races, so an Ifrit isn't allowed.  You can only use the Advanced Race Guide for the alternate race traits for the 7 core races.

3 minutes ago, Mindcrime said:

The additional traits is fine, however none of those traits are in the Ultimate Campaign sourcebook.  Additionally, player's are limited to the 7 core races, so an Ifrit isn't allowed.  You can only use the Advanced Race Guide for the alternate race traits for the 7 core races.

Ah, I see, Sorry about that. I am used to having a lot more freedom and just using what's available on the Piazo site.
Ok, I'll have to rethink things.

2 minutes ago, Steel Warrior said:

Ah, I see, Sorry about that. I am used to having a lot more freedom and just using what's available on the Piazo site.
Ok, I'll have to rethink things.

I get that and have heard that before, but I'm limiting sources to the books that I own because I prefer to reference and flip through the books.  I'm a bit old school that way.  lol