Baldr Test discussion

Rakle

On 8/1/2023 at 6:07 PM, Rakle said:

The Topics button in Manage Game drop down menu creates the main menu items. Then Click the Start Topic Button to create a new thread like Ooc.

I guess I don't have the privilege's. I do not even have the selection except to read topics or leave game. I cannot even start a topic.

On that note, the link for the old game still works. However, I was automatically brought to Baldr when I tried to log into the old system.

• 8 months later...

I'm going to need practice to use the inline dice. Any advice for using this? Like normally, I'd do a post with a 1d20 roll to hit, then a 1d8 roll for damage, and all of that would be in the middle of text describing a battle.

I'll second Rakle's caution - in line dice (and OOC tags) both seem to cause weird interactions where the resultant string gets treated as a unique object in the forum code which can trample formating, erase lines and make even simple things like paragraph breaks go awry. The one thing I've found that helps is build the inline dice rolls into the post first, code them, and then backfill the rest of the post to that point? It's a pain but it's prevented me from losing data since I first stumbled across the issue.

Kalan tries to-hit for potential damage

EDIT: other odd behavior: the results don't show in-line when I orignally post the response, I need to reload the thread to get the inline results to display what's recorded in the diceroller at the bottom of the post. Odd.

Edited by Cirlot (see edit history)
Name
Kalan tries to-hit
1d20 15
potential damage
1d6 4

5 hours ago, Balldanor said:

I don't even know what the hell you mean by in-line dice lol

There is button in the menu that allows you to activate dice rolls from within the message.

image.png.b0ae90059cfdb788178d8ae9272c9a7e.png

Example:

D20 test

Name
D20 test
1d20 10