Tavern (OOC)

Shocker

15 hours ago, JubalBreakbottle said:

Warn the gnomes about the dragon, so they give us something useful to protect the town. As per the job board

They are warned now; if they choose not to listen there is very little we can do? But maybe some of the other Gnome's may be willing to help the party prepare instead?

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW. I didn’t imagine Gilavar stepped foot in that room seeing those crossbows. He called into the room from the hallway. And tried to duck behind a wall when the gnome reacted negatively as expected.

but hey. If you need Gilavar point blank with thing. Fire away

50 minutes ago, JubalBreakbottle said:

Gilavar will not be fighting. We should not fight this gnome

We are unlikely to win this fight thanks in part to the motorised crossbow contraption. However, Makaria is trying a 'ruse' to distract the Gnome; if it works both Gilavar and Vala should take advantage here.

If it works it will become very obvious for what you two need to do, without Makaria needing to shout out aloud what she plans to do?? and alerting the Gnome; and don't forget Gilavar is in the firing line before anyone else and then Vala second.

Edited by Dorik (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Siryuu said:

Given the current positions, it might be possible to flank him. Hopefully he's on a fixed spot.

Unfortunately if the crossbow goes off as it is you and Gilavar are in the firing line; it may be to hard to try and outrun or dodge the crossbow bolts?? If what Makria does works then it buys both Gilavar and Vala more time.

6 hours ago, Shocker said:

The gnomes eyes grow even wider, you see the whole platform rotating 180 degrees and with a resounding thwang the first crossbow bolt releases into the dark corridor. The gnome is moving some levers and his seat turns 90 degrees over another beam before rotating towards that doorway releasing a second bolt. Gilavar is actually close to see the draw string of the fired crossbows retracting as if pulled by invisible hands and fresh bolts falling into the weapon. So that as the Plattform swings back around to you the fired bolts gave been replaced.

So, the Gnome is not scared/persuaded to stop his attack, right?
I am awaiting the other's actions or comments to define my next move.

7 hours ago, Siryuu said:

So, the Gnome is not scared/persuaded to stop his attack, right?
I am awaiting the other's actions or comments to define my next move.

The Gnome just fired it in the opposite direction but returned back to its original position. Looks like Makaria has to say something different this time around; but no guarantee of working of course.

Gilavar is not in front of the gnome. He retreated out of his line of sight last round. I've lost access to Rodeo, so didn't update the map. I'll update the map when I get access and post Gilavar's actions of sounding the retreat, again.

cheers