Tavern (OOC)

Shocker

This would be the place for out of character (OOC) conversations.

Let me also use this place to welcome @Akwehawk, @JubalBreakbottle, @CraterShip, @Dorik, @tyrtaeus and @Siryuu as the members of this party.

A couple of organizational things. As indicated I would like to hold off regular campaign posting till after the Baldr Migration is completed on 8/5. But check out the stage coach if you want to get into your characters early.

Maps: I try to limit the use of maps as much as possible, so I highly encourage all players to keep up a pencil and paper handy. Description will include general compass points for things visible without active search. I will provide maps for battle encounters.

Initative: for the ease of posting, i would like to take care of initiative rolls for the party and creatures, and just post initiative order upon begin of battle.

Feedback: this is my first campaign as a DM, so let's just assume not everything will go smoothly, I will need your feedback on what worked for you or what doesn't. We are all doing this for fun, so if there is something that holds you back from enjoying the game, send me a message and we can discuss this. I'm fairly thick skinned, and hope that I can handle constructive criticism.

Timezones: I live in an Area with EDT (UTC -4), as this is an international hobby it might be helpful if you could identify your timezone as well.

I'll take the suggestions about block initiative under consideration, it might indeed work better for a PbP game. But as an experiment I also would like to try one combat in strict intiative order. This is for me also a learning experience, and I want to see advantages and disadvantages of both ways.

25 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I'll take the suggestions about block initiative under consideration, it might indeed work better for a PbP game. But as an experiment I also would like to try one combat in strict intiative order. This is for me also a learning experience, and I want to see advantages and disadvantages of both ways.

Alright!

30 minutes ago, Akwehawk said:

Sorry. Meant to post yesterday but got distracted. Ill throw something together shortly. No preference. Prob the job postings.

Much obliged, I didn’t want to be pushy.