Tavern (OOC)

Shocker

28 minutes ago, Siryuu said:

Yeah, you rolled a 15 and with your bonus it is a 20.

Also, remember to mention when you crit, so we all know its a natural 20.

Critical success and failure only affects combat. For any other check a natural 20 is likely going to result in a success, but it’s not guaranteed.

41 minutes ago, Siryuu said:

Also, it's great that you mentioned early in the game 🤙

This isn’t even a house rule but a skill check DC 20 might still fail if a person with negative modifier rolls a nat 20. But in what game situation would we have sich a challenged character, making such a difficult test?
in combat the rules are straight 20 always hits, while 1 always misses.

At some tables, very good things take place on a natural 20, and funny things take place on a dirty 1. You know, it’s popular in DFRPG shows. That said, I’m not expecting for the rolls to be handled in such a way. Since it is thing I find quite often, I was going to ask about it. Me saying “shocking” was but a pun on your DP, as you had “zapped” the question, even before I made my inquiry XD

40 minutes ago, Siryuu said:

At some tables, very good things take place on a natural 20, and funny things take place on a dirty 1. You know, it’s popular in DFRPG shows. That said, I’m not expecting for the rolls to be handled in such a way. Since it is thing I find quite often, I was going to ask about it. Me saying “shocking” was but a pun on your DP, as you had “zapped” the question, even before I made my inquiry XD

You have my promise, that on a natural one, I will try to be funny.