Tavern (OOC)

Shocker

Hi team

I suggest we set some posting expectations. For example, if half the players have posted to the same next step, then the GM is good to progress to that encounter after 48 hours.

Maybe bot characters in combat if not posting within 48 hours.

While I want every player the opportunity to post, I do want the game to keep progressing. And, the opposite, i don’t want to aggravate other players, because I’m usually a frequent poster on the weekends and daily during the week.

The most important thing is that our expectations are aligned.

cheers

5 minutes ago, JubalBreakbottle said:

Hi team

I suggest we set some posting expectations. For example, if half the players have posted to the same next step, then the GM is good to progress to that encounter after 48 hours.

Maybe bot characters in combat if not posting within 48 hours.

While I want every player the opportunity to post, I do want the game to keep progressing. And, the opposite, i don’t want to aggravate other players, because I’m usually a frequent poster on the weekends and daily during the week.

The most important thing is that our expectations are aligned.

cheers

Thank you for bringing this up, and I would like to hear the others position on this as well.

Personally I would like to see this moving ahead fluidly as well, so trying to keep about 5 posts a week would be desirable. If your activity is not affecting anybody else, I will post a response to it as quickly as possible, if it is things that affect the whole campaign, I really want to see all players having there posts in before i reply.

Example I was waiting for all to get out of the coach and deciding on their destinations before progressing, but I'm perfectly willing to reply to dialogue more rapidly.

I'm not overly fond of the progressing after only 3 people have replied, as I have been in games, in which I did post daily and the action still was running away from me, I will try to avoid this here.

If you know that you wont be able to post for a certain time span (eg going on vaction, trips etc) please let me know and I will take that into consideration.

‘Sup! Well, I can make a daily post, even more. Hence, 5 a week is no problem at all.

Because of the asynchronous nature of PBP I think it would be nice having DM input whenever we talk to NPCs, at least as long as it doesn’t involve triggering a change of scene that affects all of us or that must be discussed among us (eg. combat).

On the other hand, maybe we could define a waiting time; and past that waiting time the character becomes an observer (protected from both positive and averse effects, but subject to the general/final results/fate of the active players). In my IRL games we simply say that the character is “put in a bag of holding”, appearing until the major situation resolves, if a major situation is taking place. Otherwise, the character just spawns.

Edited by Siryuu (see edit history)

I can usually post every weekday, and usually multiple times each day. Weekends are generally the only time I have with family all home, so can be busy and I can usually only check / post from my phone, which makes formatting a bit difficult. That being said, I am entirely comfortable being puppeted along for a few posts if necessary, or I can at least hop into OOC chat and give a general update of what I would be doing without a full story-like post

12 hours ago, Shocker said:

So from what i’m seeing everyone is heading towards town masters home, or does anybody have a different goal in mind, just post a reply if you are heading somewhere else.

Yes, that's the plan. I'm assuming the location is rather close, so I guess we could skip to the mission ASAP (if we all are done talking at the town). If we spend the night at the inn, we are going to spend gold on it, so if we don't need to rest I'd prefer to start moving.

@Shocker Before we go I want to buy a mule.

On the same track as our friends, I also suggested acquiring a map. Given that you're concerned about it, I'm OK if it's an "abstract map", something to justify we are marking the hot-spots and our findings, I don't need you to draw a map.

15 hours ago, JubalBreakbottle said:

We're going on a family vacation this Wednesday to Sunday

Enjoy!

23 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Ok somebody please give me a perception roll

Noted, I could roll right now, but since I've got PER +1 I prefer to have a higher level player do it.
Who's got higher PER?

Edited by Siryuu (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, Akwehawk said:

Not sure how to read that yet. Does that mean I rolled 15? Doesn't show. In the mechanics prior to the roll I put +5.

Yeah, you rolled a 15 and with your bonus it is a 20.

Also, remember to mention when you crit, so we all know its a natural 20.