Tavern (OOC)

Shocker

I think this is a shame that you have felt that the game has lost steam; I feel there was still potential in finishing this campaign/game and meeting up with a dragon? However I will go with the majority here; thank you for running this game and taking the time to DM it much appreciated.

27 minutes ago, Dorik said:

I think this is a shame that you have felt that the game has lost steam; I feel there was still potential in finishing this campaign/game and meeting up with a dragon? However I will go with the majority here; thank you for running this game and taking the time to DM it much appreciated.

Thank you for the kind words. The dragon was still pretty far away, except if you would have the bad luck of accidentally running into it.

Hey there!

As this game comes to a close, I want to express my gratitude for the dedication and effort invested in our collective journey.

I've relished the opportunity to immerse myself in D&D and explore its depths, and for that, I am thankful. Delving into the world of PBP gaming has been a rewarding venture too, the shared moments of triumph made for an unforgettable adventure and helped craft friendship.

Reflecting on our journey, it's clear that the recent slowdown stemmed from the module’s systemic issues, particularly evident within the gnome's cave; the stark contrast in complexity posed unforeseen challenges… sensory impairments, wild magic, indifferent NPCs and whatnot; the abrupt shift in atmosphere may have contributed to the struggle.

Moving forward, I intend to delve deeper into the mechanics of this system, armed with newfound insights gleaned from our experiences. Should I find myself running the essential kit, I will be better equipped to navigate potential pitfalls.

In offering feedback, I would suggest fostering proactive communication amongst players. Not only does this aid in clarifying rules and mitigating misunderstandings, but it also fosters collaboration and camaraderie, enriching the overall gaming experience.

If feasible, I kindly request keeping the thread accessible for consultation purposes. I foresee the need to revisit my character template in the future, and having continued access to it would greatly facilitate any future endeavors or reference needs. Your consideration in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Once again, thanks for your investment throughout this adventure. Though our journey together may be ending, the memories forged and lessons learned will endure.

For clarification, I was asking for all of your feedback if to continue the campaign, as I was perceiving the lack of activity as a lack of enjoyment by the players. I’m also going to have to put the game on hold middle of may as I’m traveling.

if the majority of you actually want to continue I’ll keep running the game. I did enjoy running a story, but this module has a lot of moving parts and very few of them have an immediate impact on the story progression. Gnomengard, the mill and the dwarven excavation are primarily role playing opportunities to buff up the characters. Hence the fetch and carry style.

the connections written into the module are pretty flimsy, and I think it would take a more experienced gm to change it to a more cohesive feeling.
I’m going to give it another try with a story of my own later this year, just to have a bit better control of the world and it’s elements, I feel perhaps to much tied to the story as written.

so if the others want to venture on, we can find a way for Gilavar to make a graceful exit, or simply call it a day. Your choice.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:24 PM, Shocker said:

For clarification, I was asking for all of your feedback if to continue the campaign, as I was perceiving the lack of activity as a lack of enjoyment by the players. I’m also going to have to put the game on hold middle of may as I’m traveling.

Well, at the moment two people want to discontinue or felt that the game is coming to a close.

• If JubalBreakbottle and Siryuu and tyrtaeus wants to call it quits then that becomes the majority, and then I would follow suit. If however she still wanted to play the game I would say yes to continue the campaign.

Hope that clarifies my position on the matter.

7 hours ago, Dorik said:

Well, at the moment two people want to discontinue or felt that the game is coming to a close.

• If JubalBreakbottle and Siryuu and tyrtaeus wants to call it quits then that becomes the majority, and then I would follow suit. If however she still wanted to play the game I would say yes to continue the campaign.

Hope that clarifies my position on the matter.

That’s how I interpreted your position as well. Thank you for further clarifying