OOC area

2 hours ago, Divinedragonslayer said:

For those interested I will be using a fix for the truenamer. Basically instead of HD x3 for its truename DC the DC will be CR x2. This hopefully should entice someone to play a cool but otherwise useless class.

As much as I really love the concept of the class, and could fit it into my character with a little work, it's still underwhelming with the fix, and that's coming from a build that will be fairly underwhelming outside it's one area of expertise

@steel warrior don't have that source book so I don't know how to really read lesser races such as aasmar.

@steampunkadept I really like your concept and I'd not expect you to change it. Really it's just a not for the future.

Edited by Divinedragonslayer (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Divinedragonslayer said:

@steel warrior don't have that source book so I don't know how to really read lesser races such as aasmar.

@steampunkadept I really like your concept and I'd not expect you to change it. Really it's just a not for the future.

Pg 191 Player's Guide to Faerun
All lesser planetouched have the following racial trait in common, in addition to all the racial traits detailed elsewhere in this book.
• Planetouched: Planetouched are humanoids (not outsiders) with the planetouched subtype. They are susceptible to spells and effects that specifi cally target both humanoids or outsiders. Charm person works against them, and so does banishment. This trait replaces the outsider entry in each planetouched description.

Although I think I found another avenue. I also have a request for possible houserule. If you think it's a fair request.
I am looking at taking Craft Alchemy, Profession Herbalism.
Feat, Brew Potion. I am looking at how Pathfinder did away with Xp cost to crafting magic items.
Would you consider using the Xp to GP value conversion? That way I can craft basic stuff like cure light potions etc.

One example is: Spell has XP cost     Add 5 gp per 1 XP per charge     Ring of three wishes
To brew a potion, you must spend 1/25 of this base price in XP and use up raw materials costing one half this base price.
So a Potion of Cure light would cost 2 Xp, converted to gold, 10 Gold. So I don't lose XP and it costs 35gp vs 50 gp to create a cure potion.

Extraordinary Artisan ( Eberron Campaign Setting, p. 53) [Item Creation]

You are an expert at creating magic items at a lower cost than usual.
Prerequisite: Any item creation feat

Benefit: When determining the gold piece cost in raw materials you need to craft any item, reduce the base price by 25%.

Knocking it down to 26gp 25 silver. Pretty much waiving the XP cost.

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, Divinedragonslayer said:

Makes sense to me sort of. Besides that potions only go up to level three. That being said they only have so much utility. Also I'm going to house rule that to make craft Alchemy a non caster skill. Never made sense why it had to be a caster skill in the first place.

Cool, so just making sure. Crafting potions won't cost me Xp? Since I am a healer, I would like to make a living healing and selling potions to travelers 😉

As Pelor is mentioned, does that mean the world has the PHB standard pantheon?

In which of the countries is the Pelor temple we are summoned to located?
(I think I will submit a local cleric for the game)

Couple of quick questions:

Character:

Just building out my plan for the character, is Anima Mage (Tome of Magic) allowed and if so is the following adaption also allowed:

Tome of Magic pg 53

Anima mages needn't exploit vestiges to gain power - the vestiges could volunteer the added powers to an anima mage in recognition of his spellcasting ability. You could also relax the prerequisites to open this prestige class to any spellcaster - or even a psionic character.

I was thinking multi-classing with a psionic class either Adept or Psion.

Lore:

For the chosen characters would we have met each other before or have we all been summoned individually?

Outside of known temples or armies etc are there any other notable groups that we would know about or affiliated with?

How do Psionics interact with magic?

a: Are we treating psionics and magic as entirely separate? Honestly, one of my prefered methods

b: Are psionics treated as a 3rd type of magic alongside Arcane and Divine, and thus affected by spell resistance and the like?

c : Are we doing some combination of the 2 where there is some interaction between psionics and magic, but with diminished or altered affects?

Since we are already using the Fiendish Codex II (for the Hellbred template)...
I am requesting the use of the feat Divine Defiance.
It allows the use of turn undead to do immediate counterspelling. You need to have the appripriate spell (or Dispel Magic) available.
And you need to succeed on a Spellcraft check to identify the spell in use first.