steampunkadept

spacer.png

Name: Baroness Ambrosia of House Hillmont, AKA Mirowyn Gladewalker

Race: Human

Alignment: CG

Class: Aristocrat 1/Bard 3

Role: Face, Support, Connections

Personality

A mix of manic, sadism, and seething wit, with a hint of bubbly, a dash of giggly, and a light sprinkling of "how's the missus?" Wyn, as she typically prefers to go by, probably hasn't met you yet, but she's already over whatever it is you're offering. Oh, and there may, or may not be a bit of PTSD in there somewhere, no one is quite certain. Despite her glaringly obvious flaws, she's gifted with a voice that inspires, and the ability to transform words into power. Or, perhaps that's all just an act. The world may never know

Background

Sources: Complete, core including PHB II and DMG II, Races of, MIC, SP, expanded psionics, dragon magic. Anything else I might've missed please tell me.
3rd party books: Witch's handbook, Avatar's handbook, quintessential aristocrat, Secrets of Pact Magic, Villains of Pact Magic. Ask for others.

Edited by steampunkadept (see edit history)

Post#2: Dice and Stuff

Looks like I'm going with set 3, looks the most fun to RP

17, 16, 13, 8, 13, 15

Dropping that 17 into Charisma, and giving it a +1 for being 4th level

Followers:

The Brotherhood of the Black Tooth

Zhon Arklight - human rogue 1

Self proclaimed leader of the Brotherhood, and Wyn's number 1 fan. Kind-hearted bandit who gives away most of what he steals, to those who need it more. Not afraid to slit your throat in a negotiation, and prefers actions to words. Is sometimes reckless, and often carefree. He's also Wyn's oldest friend, having known her since before they can remember.

Eruk The Stench - dwarf commoner 1

No one really knows much about Eruk's past. He doesn't talk about it, and no one who would remember it is still alive. He likes to keep it that way. If asked, he's evasive and dodgy. Claims he's about 150 years old, might be older. Has few friends outside the brotherhood, due in no small part to his title. He's handy with a hammer and an anvil, and brags about his smithing skills

Red Tinderbough - human rogue 1

Red probably isn't her real name. It's simply what everyone's always called her for her long fiery red hair. She's always felt a need to prove herself to others, and has a deep competitive spirit. She sees Zhon as her greatest rival, but also her best friend (purely platonic, it's a settled matter). Was the best archer in her home village, left to find a life with more excitement.

Ardin Lightleaf - elf ranger 1

Ardin is a man of few words, who often seems lost in a long forgotten sorrow from a time he no longer remembers. Very much an outsider among the Brotherhood, and not exactly someone who appears to fit in. Where the rest of the band is rowdy, rambunctious, and full of energy, Ardin is subdued, taciturn, and sedentary. He claims he finds the Brotherhood's energy calming.

Her Ladyship, the Magnificent Poppy Nymphina Glimmerspark of the Great and Mighty House Dustshatter - gnome sorceress 1

Poppy is a dragon sized personality in a pint sized body. She absolutely hates anyone calling attention to her minute size, or the fact that she's still single at 50. She is very proud of her family's history, and will make sure you know full well that her entire name and title must be included. While a commoner by birth, at one point her family did possess some form of nobility within their gnomish homeland, and they haven't let it go since. As for Poppy, she's gifted with the ability of divination. She can often be found selling her magical talents to tell shady fortunes.

Tom - human healer 1

Tom is an elder gentleman, who seems in the August of his life. By trade, he prides himself as a medical man, and more than a handful of people owe him their lives during recent plagues. He'd be more accepted in proper society, if not for his very dark, and very grim outlook on life, as well as his morbidly morbid sense of humor. Most people find hime creepy.

Edited by steampunkadept
dice (see edit history)
Name
Ability Scores
repeat(drop(reroll(4d6,1,below,6),lowest,1),6) 2,4,5,5,2,4,5,6,2,2,3,6,2,3,6,6,2,2,4,6,3,4,5,6
Ability Scores 2
repeat(drop(reroll(4d6,1,below,6),lowest,1),6) 2,2,4,4,2,4,5,5,2,2,2,3,5,3,6,3,5,6,6,2,3,4,6,1,3,3,3,4
Ability Scores 3
repeat(drop(reroll(4d6,1,below,6),lowest,1),6) 4,5,6,6,3,4,6,6,2,3,5,5,3,2,2,3,3,2,3,4,6,4,4,5,6

Would you consider a Psionic Bard variant?

Thinking:

Class: Bard

Prerequisites: 1st level bardic spellcasting

Replaces: Spellcasting progression.

Benefit: Remove the bard's spellcasting progression, and replace with the power points and powers known progression of the psychic warrior. The psionic bard can select any clairsentience, psychoportation, and/or telepathy schools as a power known from the psychic warrior, psion/wilder, and telepath power lists. Psionic bardic manifesting is Charisma based.

Add Autohypnosis, Knowledge (psionics), and Use Psionic Device to skill list

Edited by steampunkadept (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Divinedragonslayer said:

I say go for it. I'm giving you creative license here. Besides Psionics aren't used near enough.

I know it's a little bit early but are you going to be taking Leadership?

Eventually I might, though the character would have it begrudgingly

Swapping from half elf to human, gonna need the feat and skills for this build.

Regarding feats - From the Quintessential Aristocrat

Charismatic - +1 to 4 different Cha based skills (thinking Diplomacy, Bluff, Perform, and UMD)

Unusual Associates - You may pick a group, race, or culture that is normally not associated with your family, church, guild or government. This group now becomes a trusted, if slightly out-of-place, ally of yours. For example, I was thinking the Thieves and Outcasts of Lefia would be this particular group associated with this feat.

In addition - At 4 th level you gain access to either followers or a subordinate as though you had gained the requisite feats (Followers or Subordinate, player’s choice). The followers or subordinate gained through use of this feat must belong to the group, race or culture identified as your uncommon associate.

Would I be able to upgrade this feat to leadership at 6th level, by basically adding in either the followers or subordinate that I didn't take at 4th level?

I'll go ahead and swap the bard spells to psionics as I suggested:

Remove the bard's spellcasting progression, and replace with the power points and powers known progression of the psychic warrior. The psionic bard can select any clairsentience, psychoportation, and/or telepathy schools as a power known from the psychic warrior, psion/wilder, and telepath power lists. Psionic bardic manifesting is Charisma based.

The only other change I'll make is to figure out some method for boosting save DCs of Bardic performances by spending Power points.

Can I get a ruling on the Unusual Associates upgrading to full leadership at 6th?

For now, I'm gonna go with the followers route. I imagine, and especially given the part of the world, that I'd have a ragtag bunch of loveable bandits, or non-elfy elves as followers.