Edit History

Grudge

Grudge

1 hour ago, Delia2531 said:

I don't know if Goliath got an adjustment to LA; worth checking the link in the Character Build rules in case they got downgraded.

Well, it would be cool. But IMO it does have more stuff than some LA+1 races to justify it. Bonuses on Climb and Jump penalties, ability to wield Large weapons without penalty, ability to count like Large during maneuvers where it helps (like grapple or trip). I mean when you take Goliath, it's usually because you want to hit something up close, and all they get benefits that. Compared to some classes that, while better, designers weren't sure which way they would be built. So there are usually at least some abilities that end up unused. Here, you want a big guy to hit hard, and all kit is dedicated to that. You won't play Goliath to be Wizard or Ranger.

Edit: Just checked nothing about Goliaths that I could see, from big boys Half Ogres, Half Minotaurs, and one kind of Giants are mentioned that I saw.

Grudge

Grudge

48 minutes ago, Delia2531 said:

I don't know if Goliath got an adjustment to LA; worth checking the link in the Character Build rules in case they got downgraded.

Well, it would be cool. But IMO it does have more stuff than some LA+1 races to justify it. Bonuses on Climb and Jump penalties, ability to wield Large weapons without penalty, ability to count like Large during maneuvers where it helps (like grapple or trip). I mean when you take Goliath, it's usually because you want to hit something up close, and all they get benefits that. Compared to some classes that, while better, designers weren't sure which way they would be built. So there are usually at least some abilities that end up unused. Here, you want a big guy to hit hard, and all kit is dedicated to that. You won't play Goliath to be Wizard or Ranger.