William Enskraft - History is Written

Anthr4xus

spacer.pngWilliam H.Enskraft aka Pekaku | Health 7 / 7 | Willpower 3 / 6 | Mana 5 / 10

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The talk was getting very interesting, and Pekaku eagerly wished he could have more to brought to bear beyond his beliefs. He knew very well that he really had nothing to back him so far, but he eagerly played along the thinking game with Baba Qiyamət.

"(English) Now, I had never thought of it like that. Chaos on the fringes of the Abyss, caused by interaction between nothing and something... It is very intriguing, and interesting I must say. Do you know if that notion has been explored ?

I understand also the idea that the Abyss - being nothingness - can perhaps never cease to be. But perhaps then it can be contained, right ? ? what if the rift that occured eons ago during the Fall was just that, the Abyss, or the proto-Abyss perhaps, gaining an edge it had never had before, and expanding in areas that had previously been filled with Something. In that case, we just need to regain the areas we lost to restore the previous status quo... (/English)" If such a theory happened to be true, what would they find in the areas regained on the Abyss ? Just a new ground, blank of any previous influence or meaning ? or would they recover what had been there in the past ? Like Atlantis...

It was all merely a thought experiment, but it was not a direction in which Pekaku's thoughts had gone, and it was one more proof that he really needed to start studying the topic for real.

• 2 weeks later...

"Well," Baba Qiyamət said slowly, obviously taking a moment to put together exactly how he wanted to respond, "The Abyss did manifest during the fall in the tear left behind when the Celestial Ladder fell. So it would make sense that if something similar to the Celestial Ladder could be reconstructed that it might resecure the Abyss, however how the Celestial Ladder was constructed, if it was at all, was a miracle of the absolute peak of Atlantean power and is knowledge long, long lost. Perhaps that would be something worth some research? But who would have time?"

Nepungan looks from Baba Qiyamət to Pekaku and back again, a half-smile on her lips.

spacer.pngWilliam H.Enskraft aka Pekaku | Health 7 / 7 | Willpower 3 / 6 | Mana 5 / 10

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Whatever Baba Qiyamət had really on his mind with this half-smile, Pekaku could only guess. Perhaps later when they left his Master could spell it for him, but in the meantime, all he had were belief and ideas, that he tried to organize quickly. It was getting hard, after such a busy day, but he tried nonetheless. Focus now, get the job done, crash down later. He got silent for several seconds, trying to come up with something coherent.

"(English) I understand that it is a tall order of first magnitude, but certainly plenty of Mages before me have already worked on that issue. I am no fool to think I am spearheading a new venue to deal with the Abyss, but perhaps I can find a new use for what Knowledge is already available, or contribute to making progress in that direction. And I am young, I have plenty of time ahead of me if that's a good direction, obviously. I just have to trust my elders to give me proper education so that I wouldn't waste it. (/English)" and he bowed his head slowly, a mute request of endorsement toward the Moros.

Baba Qiyamət smiled and nodded, "All true, and there is wisdom in trusting your mentors, at least to a point." Surprisingly, he actually winked at Nepungan, who looked momentarily surprised but gave him a small smile and nod in return. "Well, this has been a pleasant talk, Pekaku. I wish you well on your research. I'm sure we will meet again." He started gathering up his stuff again as Nepungan stood. She shook his hand and thanked him for his time, and moved to hold the door open.

Whether he was deluding himself, or because he was used to dealing with old school people, Pekaku felt that he had dealt quite well with this meeting with Baba Qiyamət. Perhaps Nepungan will prove him wrong soon, but he certainly felt like he had scored points, and he smiled broadly as he tried to help the Necromancer gather his stuff.

"(English) I have been honored Sir, and I look forward to more guidance again at a next meeting. (/English)"

Then he watched him leave with Rejtély who had been waiting outside, and kept quiet. He had had a very very eventful day indeed. The stabbing in the subway, the elderly women with their box, the discovery of this Library, the training about the Prime Arcana, and next the meeting with Baba Qiyamət.... Now that it was all over, he felt downright cold and tired, and wished nothing more than to go back straight home and hit the sack. But he couldn't do that just yet.

Once the Moros and his Exemplum where safely away, he turned toward his own Mentor, and asked "(English) Well Ma'am, I think it went well, right ? (/English)" Appearances could be deceiving, and he didn't want to assume success unduly.