William Enskraft - History is Written

Anthr4xus

Looks were shared between the three sisters and William felt as if an entire wordless conversation may have occurred via those pointed gazes and subtle facial tics in just a few seconds. Marta, the one in red, said, "{German}I do not know, and would see further proof perhaps. Where are you stopping, boy?{/German}"

spacer.pngWilliam H.Enskraft aka Pekaku | Health 7 / 7 | Willpower 3 / 6 | Mana 5 / 10

"(German) I was going to Grand Army Plaza, to rendezvous with my Mentor. (/German)" he answered them straight, not beating around the bush one second.

While it was still a far way from trust, the elderly women at least seemed ready to give him a chance, and Pekaku wasn't about to endanger this budding opportunity by giving them half-truth or white lies. It only lead to worse situation if not disaster.

"{German}We are getting off at Barclay's Center. We would see if you can do as you say. You have time, yes?{/German}" Marta said. The one in green was eyeing him up and down. "{German}I do not know.{/German}" She said, "{German}Perhaps he is only clever but not knowledgeable.{/German}" Katerina, peeking out from behind her sisters leaned in to whisper in the ear of the one in green. William could not pick it all out but did catch the end of it as a term that happened to be same in both English and German, and one of at least minor significance to himself. "{German}... with Zephyr.{/German}". The one in green nodded in response, shushing her sister.

Edited by Anthr4xus (see edit history)

spacer.pngWilliam H.Enskraft aka Pekaku | Health 7 / 7 | Willpower 3 / 6 | Mana 5 / 10

The last name he overheard was very familiar to William by now, and he wondered how much he was played by the senior Mastigos in all that. Certainly it was too much of a stretch to think it had all been organized, right ? But how far could the strands of Fate be arranged, really ? He didn't know... he didn't know yet, at least.

"(German) I will make time, if you would have me. I would just need to call my Mentor Nepungan to let her know of the situation. (/German)" he replied to Marta calmly, pretending not to care about what the green one said.

He wondered for a couple of seconds if he should reply to Katerina, and finally decided to do it.

"(German) I couldn't help by overhear, I am sorry. If that could make you feel more comfortable, please know that I am acquainted with the man named Zephyr, too. We are not close by a long shot, but nor are we at odds. (/German)" he laid it out plainly in front of them, and waited while the people around them came and went to their own business, and the subway shook and stirred at times.

Marta narrowed her eyes at her sister but slowly nodded to herself, as if answering some internal question. "{German}We have a meeting soon with this acquaintance of yours, but I do not think that having you both together is ideal. I was going to ask you for a demonstration if you could do so quickly. Are you interested in that?{/German}"

By the sound of it, the elderly women were probably suspecting a scam from Zephyr too, and requesting a demonstration from him too. But William knew from firsthand experience that Zephyr could be extremely persuasive, and deliver on the demonstration.

"(German) I am interested in that. (/German)" he answered as soon as Marta was finished. He would have to be square with them. That was probably the thing that would differentiate him the most from Zephyr. Hopefully that would be enough to make them choose him over the Libertine.

The sisters shared an inscrutable look between them, followed by giving William a tight smile that he could not help but feel was somehow predatory in nature. The one in green asked, "{German}You say you know Zephyr. How do you know him?{/German}" William noted that they were only a couple of stops away from their target. William's lay another two or three stops beyond.

Such a smile did not bode well, but William was nothing if not determined.

"(German) We met a short while ago in an area of New-York in which we both have business on a regular or semi-regular basis. We were not of the same mind on several topics, and thus parted ways. If you have already met him, you know he is the sort of man who can be quite... assertive. (/German)" was the explanation he gave the leader of the trio.

"(German) We will soon reach your destination, Ma'ams. Would you have me accompany you a bit then, or would you rather not, all things considered, please ? (/German)" He was smiling at the three women, putting himself at their disposal for the next minutes if they were willing. Otherwise, they would part ways, and he would have another topic of discussion with Zephyr, someday...

The trio nodded. Marta said, "Yes. We will make a few minutes for you. A demonstration of skill perhaps."

Moments later the train pulled into the station, and the trio turned for the door. They exited, Katarina giving William an almost coquettish look to see if he followed.

A demonstration of skill. Probably not an area in which William could do much at this point, but it didnt' deter him one bit. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. He didn't know his odds, and didn't care. He would do his best, and Fate would decide. For now. He nodded in quiet acceptance and thanks to Marta, then waited until the train stopped.

The young man left the train in the wake of the ladies. He was already wondering what he could do to convince them. His options were still few, and the ladies would probably be difficult to please. The two options he liked the best were hardly convincing, even to him. But he was far from being able to create a portal to another place in the city, like Nepungan could,so he would have to make do with what he got. At worst, he thought he could give them his card, perhaps.

And so he walked slightly behind them until they were satisfied.

The trio lead William out of the subway and have a moment of quiet communication before setting off. A short walk later brought the quartet of you to a small community park. William noticed a fair number of people lounging, exercising, or playing in the area, at least half a dozen in easy view. Near the center of the park, by a statue of a distinguished looking founding father like figure, although the name plate was weathered beyond easy readability, they stopped and turned to face William. Marta, the one in red, said, "{German}Now young man. Let us settle terms. What are you wanting from us, exactly?{/German}"

"(German) My request is easy Ma'am, according to me. I would like to be able to study your box. That is all.

If you were willing, I would borrow it for a while and promise to hand it back at any moment of your convenience. Or buy it perhaps. I could also come and study it under your watch, though you know that it may have adverse effects to Magic. If nothing else, I would like to request that you let me take pictures of it, and trade phone numbers. (/German)"

Hopefully the trio would not perceive him as greedy or demanding, and would access to at least one of the several options he laid in front of them. Probably they would not decide by now, but would compare his offer to Zephyr's. He would have to make sure the older Mastigos didn't snatch the box for good then.

The trio tutted at the suggestion of money. Ludmila, the green one, said, "{German}We are interested in something far more rare than simple money, we...{/German}"

She was cut off by Marta with a gesture. Marta said, "{German}You imply you are a Mage. Give us a demonstration of this, the more pronounced the better. That will prove that you have the means to even consider our price. Bear in mind that while you may find the box itself of interest, it's contents are even more so.{/German}"

William looked around and noted the people in the area again. Under a quick sweep of his mage sight, they are all sleepers. Only the three sisters and himself were not. He could tell from their aura that the three sisters were not Mages themselves, although their aura was closer to that of a Mage than any non-mage he had looked at yet. Their request was odd, and he knew from his lessons with Nepungan that casting magic here in front of so many sleepers would drastically increase the chance of Paradox. Nepungan called such obvious effects and spells vulgar, and recommended that Pekaku avoid them whenever possible. On the other hand, what other opportunity may he have to look so closely at such a clearly Atlantean relic?

Now the haggling was starting. Pekaku had to walk a fine line between expressing an interest to keep them hooked, but not too much lest they would have unrealistic expectations in the negociation. As for what they were after... it was intriguing.

"(German) I am a Mage and thus I know my limits. It is not safe to do as you request here and now. I can give you a demonstration, but it will not be so pronounced as you may have in mind. If you want more, I would gladly request my Mentor to come, as she is my Senior in this Art, and may be more apt at providing proof. (/German)"

He looked at them and their reaction, as he was suspecting a test in their mere request.

The trio smiled at each other, a tight and cold expression. "{German}Don't worry about that now. We'll make sure nothing gets out of hand. Who is your mentor? Is she an associate of Zephyr?{/Germna}" Marta said. The three spread out a little, forming a small semicircle in front of William.