Application questions

Sunless Echo

An interesting world! I do have a few questions:

• Do you have a pantheon of deities for this world?
  • You mentioned that "favor of a faction" is one of the character creation options. Do you have a list of factions?
  • You mention a "minor" magic item as well. Do you have examples of such an item? Are they common magic items or would a +1 weapon or shield also qualify?

Thanks for your feedback!

1 hour ago, Shadeus said:

An interesting world! I do have a few questions:

• Do you have a pantheon of deities for this world?
  • You mentioned that "favor of a faction" is one of the character creation options. Do you have a list of factions?
  • You mention a "minor" magic item as well. Do you have examples of such an item? Are they common magic items or would a +1 weapon or shield also qualify?

Thanks for your feedback!

Thank you. I do have a small Pantheon, some of my players discussed it and a few applicants that were nice enough to help some time back. I'll work on that and put that up in the lore section.

There are plenty of small Factions. I will list some of them in the lore section along with the pantheon, and if a player wants to try to make a faction of their own then that is fine as long as it works around what I've got. I have multiple places with multiple factions so I can try to put some out there that would either be more commonly known or should be known by players up to this point.

I have no list for magic items. I love working on them though cause magic is just chaos lying in wait. I would prefer Players stick to Common magic items. If a player wants to modify an item, then I am all for it. Considering the rarity, especially if it effects background, class, or just character themself.

22 minutes ago, Escheton said:

For the Custom Lineage race. What would be fitting choices within the setting for looks and cultural background?

Custom lineage is to help you craft your own form of character (quite literally). I don't know much about what you're going for. I can give you a general idea of what you will find most commonly among the races in each major location if it helps.

• Emprin - Humans, Elves, and few other common races.
  • Zestra - Elves, humans, Warforged, gnomes (some monster races in the desert)
  • Usura - Most races, tiefling, dragonborn, bugbear, hob/goblin, changeling, genasi, kobolds, lizardfolk, etc. Monster mixing pot. Humans though have a particularly hard time within the deeper parts of the country. any Elves and even drow is entirely discriminated against.
  • Numania - They have a large number of halflings, dwarves, gnomes, Giants, Goliaths, Humans, Orcs.
  • The Wild East - There are some races (exotic or monstrous ones) that have been known to be able to survive the harrowing environment of the Wild East. The Blind Forest that covers such a large portion of the Eastern side of the continent has been known to house some fey or strong monster races.
  • Note - It should stay noted there are monster/animal races scattered about mainly living in tribes or on their own. An example would be a lone Naga living in the desert of Zestra or a Minotaur or centaur Tribe in the Plains of Emprin. Perhaps Aarakocra's in the mountains of Numania.

When it comes to appearance, if you choose an animalistic Race, then it is your choice on looks. The same goes for if you choose to have some kind of monster lineage. You're welcome to choose a monster race too. There are places that accept and discriminate.

As for Cultural Background, both types of lineages I mentioned are scattered about and would each have their own type in each location, You have some freedom and liberties to try and create something out of that. From what you know already and what i have created/planned it will be fine.

The lore Tab should help a little for your Cultural background.

2 hours ago, Shadeus said:

No Warforged in Emprin? With them being so technologically advanced, I was surprised to see them not included.

@TheRaconteur is right actually. Emprin has a problem with incorporating magic into machines (hence the uneasy truce with Numania). Divine magic or technology is preferred with them so they take what they can get in terms of technological knowledge from Numania.
Warforged are more Arcane than Technology. Essentially a corpse of high quality materials able to conduct magic and allow it to flow through it. After that its just an immense amount of arcane power pumped into it like an artificial soul (Thats in this world and gets a bit more in depth). Anyway thats why they arent really found in Emprin.

Edited by Sunless Echo (see edit history)

Unfortunately Dragonmarks are not a thing. Cool as it is, it will not come into play on this campaign. Maybe another i run. I love draconic stuff

Firearms are a thing and are extremely coveted by the militaristic circles of the Emprin Empire. Outlawed heavily by any civilian use in that empire. They were aided to create them a little under a century ago and have helped advance cannonry as well as all forms of artillery for Emprin.

Numania and that Wall City has a decent number of Firearms and many of them are arcane firearms using both normal and arcane ammunition.

you dont really find firearms in Zestra, they can be found. However they are sold to traveler’s in lower levels (its a city with multiple discs placed on-top of each other allowing for a multirank/economical system).

Finally Usura, if you can find someone who is willing then yeah they are there to buy. Dolzre has been stealing and smuggling any and all forms of weaponry his rivals have.

34 minutes ago, Laird_Thorne said:

A couple of questions. :)

1) Are Dragonmarks a thing? Being Fluffed out a bit different?

2) Are firearms a thing? I had a wild idea of a Monk (Kensai) with a Pistol being one of his Ki weapons....

Unfortunately Dragonmarks are not a thing. Cool as it is, it will not come into play on this campaign. Maybe another i run. I love draconic stuff

Firearms are a thing and are extremely coveted by the militaristic circles of the Emprin Empire. Outlawed heavily by any civilian use in that empire. They were aided to create them a little under a century ago and have helped advance cannonry as well as all forms of artillery for Emprin.

Numania and that Wall City has a decent number of Firearms and many of them are arcane firearms using both normal and arcane ammunition.

you dont really find firearms in Zestra, they can be found. However they are sold to traveler’s in lower levels (its a city with multiple discs placed on-top of each other allowing for a multirank/economical system).

Finally Usura, if you can find someone who is willing then yeah they are there to buy. Dolzre has been stealing and smuggling any and all forms of weaponry his rivals have.

How much would a broken (in half) longbow go for? Currently considering a Pact of the Blade. Which means summoning a weapon. Not ammo. So carrying a broken bow helps sell the illusion of not wielding one while having a quiver at hand.

3 minutes ago, Escheton said:

How much would a broken (in half) longbow go for? Currently considering a Pact of the Blade. Which means summoning a weapon. Not ammo. So carrying a broken bow helps sell the illusion of not wielding one while having a quiver at hand.

Depends on where the break is and if anything is salvageable. Its mainly damage based considering its a weapon priced at 50 gold. A broken longbow is basically junk. if you have one that has a clean snap with most of the body and string intact then you could probably sell it for 10 gold if your lucky and can haggle. Otherwise i’d say on the lower end of 4-7 gold.

repairs may go for 20-30 depending on the bow and the one doing repairs. These are just general prices.