Beorn Thacker, Farmer

TheFred

Beorn Thacker

"Oi'm not one of them fancy adventurin' types, ma'am, Oi'm just a farmer - but farming out by th'Immenwood ain't easy, and I've womped a few gobbos in my time"

Name: Beorn Thacker

Race: Half-Giant

Classes: Sentinel (Adamant Guardian) | Psychic Warrior (Pathwalker)

Alignment: Lawful Good

Profession: Farmer

speardude2.jpeg.6b5dc06e2169c1df9ad606d7b4ec26b0.jpeg

Beorn isn't a fighter, he's a farmer. Farmer in the wilds beyond Absalom's civilised shoreline, however, have to be pretty tough. It's not enough just to put on some armour, pick up a sword, and train all night and day to fight other people; Beorn has to defend his family's home from goblins, centaurs, harpies, minotaurs, and worse, usually just with a big stick or hammer - and still make sure he gets the harvest in and feeds the chickens!

After signing up to help the Pathfinders deal with the threats on the island, he finds himself travelling to the big city for the first time. It's more daunting and fearful than any wild animal, harpy or dangerous beastie he's encountered before - but at least there won't be winged monsters to worry about!

I had imagined Beorn as just the most mundane normal human peasant, but in the end I went with Half-Giant because it's just too good a fit. If people are cracking out the Race Builder anyway then maybe he's just a very large human, though I did look to see if there were any fun traits I could pick up via Adopted and say he was raised by halflings. 😃

He's a Psychic Warrior, but I was going to fluff that mostly as just pure strength and determination, and so avoid anything to overt... which does mean no Expansion, and Expansion is absolutely the best and a pretty huge damage/reach boost. Still, smacking people with a Large Lucerne Hammer is already pretty great damage.

dude.jpeg

Edited by TheFred (see edit history)

ร—
ร—