Character Creation

Scarecrow71

In this thread, I will attempt to detail the rules by which characters in this game will be created.  As I am not perfect, and I certainly don't know all the rules, this thread very may well change.  I ask that all be patient with me, and if I forget something or am not clear to please ask.

SYSTEM/BOOKS

This game will use the Modiphius 2d20 system for Star Trek Adventures.  The allowed sourcebooks for character creation are:

• Core Rules (Collector's Edition, with notable exceptions)
  • Alpha Quadrant
  • Beta Quadrant
  • Command Division
  • Operations Division
  • Sciences Division

These are the only books I currently have access to, which means that anything outside of these books is a hard "no".  Sorry, but I cannot approve something that I myself cannot read up on.  And to head the question off at the pass:  NO HOMEBREW.  Period.  If it's not in one of the official books I've listed above, it is not allowed.

Stardate 48239.95. May 1, 2371, at approximately 10 AM. So, TNG era.

CHARACTER TYPE

Main characters only.  I am not tossing out troupe-style play with the Supporting Characters, but to start I would like to focus upon your main characters.

REPUTATION AND RANK

All characters start with 3 Reputation, with a starting rank of Ensign.  Please see the Character Advancement thread regarding the changes to Reputation.

CHARACTER SHEET

I do not have a formatted sheet for use, so I'll just say that you are free to create your own.  I do, however, have the following requirements for your sheet/thread:

1. All characters should have their own thread in the Characters topic.
  2. Please use the official character creator at STAR TREK Adventures Character Creator (bcholmes.org).  You will be able to select the applicable source books and rank and create your character there.
  3. When you have finished creating your character at the above link, please download the PDF of your character and add it to your character thread.  The PDF is editable, and will be far easier to deal with changes than a formatted post.
    • If you feel it so necessary, you may take a screen shot of the PDF and use that as your formatted post.  Please remember that this does not remove the requirement for adding the PDF to your character thread, and you will have to update the image every time a change is made to your character.
  4. An image for your character is mandatory.  I am not going to be worried if you take an image for an existing Star Trek personality and use it for your own.
  5. The only portion of your backstory that must be detailed is where your initial deployment is supposed to be to.  What ship or base or colony or wherever are you headed towards for your first commission after graduation?  Anything beyond this is up to you.
Edited by Scarecrow71 (see edit history)