T'Mirras - Unorthodox Vulcan Security Officer

moarhair

T'Mirras

7b5e82ada7e1dff9e9c5a53ed28e9aa7--phil-noto-scifi.jpg.b579111152e087fa796a17f9de6000ad.jpgT'Mirras is the child of two Starfleet officers. She was born on the USS Vureen, an Excelsior-class ship tasked with 2 years into a 10 years deep space exploration at the edge of Federation space. Though her parents did their best to teach her about Vulcan culture, she grew up surrounded by a diverse crew and integrated an equally diverse number of values and ideals.

When the Vureen finally returned to Federation space, T'Mirras' parents sent her to Vulcan to give her a proper education. It did not go well. T'Mirras was judged to be too alien by her peers and teachers. She was miserable. Eventually, her mother took her out of school and brought her along to her new assignment.

As soon as she was old enough, T'Mirras applied to Starfleet Academy. The day she was accepted was the happiest most rewarding day of her life. She followed the Command path, like her mother before her, with a minor in Security.

During her last year at the Academy, she was with a group of fellow cadets on a training mission when their shuttle was caught in a subspace eddy. It crashed on a nearby, uninhabited P-class moon. The group's instructed was killed in the crash and the cadets had to survive on their own. One died to a local predator's attack, and the rest of the group was stalked and hunted by the creature. T'Mirras devised a way to lead it into an ambush. The confrontation was brutal and the cadets emerged victorious, but T'Mirras was grievously injured. Had they not been rescued shortly thereafter, she would have died on that frozen moon.

T'Mirras' right arm was beyond repair and had to be amputated and replaced with a prosthetic. Her recovery, physical therapy, and trauma took time, and she was forced to delay her graduation. Struggling, she turned her attention to understanding what she was going through and studied psychology. Approaching her trauma from an academic perspective helped her make sense of it and regain control of her emotions.

Once she finally graduated, she was assigned to the USS Bonchune as a Security Officer.

Personality

Though trained to control her emotions, T'Mirras grew up around other species and is a bit more expressive then other Vulcans. To people unfamiliar with Vulcans, this might not be noticeable, but to those who know people of her species, and especially to other Vulcans, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

T'Mirras loves has great respect for Starfleet. She is deeply loyal to the organisation and willing to put everything on the line for it.

T'Mirras is ambitious. She wants to rise through the ranks and dreams of one day commanding her own ship. She will aggressively pursue opportunities for advancement.

Appearance

T'Mirras is a 29 year oldRoughly equivalent to 20 year old for a Human. Vulcan woman. She has olive skin, black eyes, and black hair which she keeps short, but not in the traditional Vulcan haircut (see pic). She is 1.7 meters tall (5' 6") and weighs 61 kg (134 lbs), with a muscular frame. Her right arm is artificial, covered in a smooth, white casing that makes it easily noticeable. She makes no effort to either conceal or highlight it beyond the choice of material. When not in uniform, she favors functional, athletic clothing that don't restrict her range of motion.

T'Mirras-sta-character.pdf

Edited by moarhair
Changed sheet to the two pages version (see edit history)

@moarhair

The character looks good, and I like the prosthetic arm.  But it seems your PDF is missing the second page with the career events on it?  I can mark you complete, but can you check to make sure that you saved the whole document out of the character creator?

I had selected the single page PDF. Just uploaded the two page version. I had to select Chief of Security as assignment in the character creator, as there wasn't a lower ranked assignment that fit and manually edited the assignment and ranks. I'm not sure how you want to deal with the assignment Talent, but I think being able to call for backup still makes sense.

The unavailable one is the one page version that I removed. The one called T'Mirras-sta-character.pdf is the new, two page version. I'm sorry, I don't know how to remove the link to the removed document. EDIT: Figured it out. There should only be the correct, two page sheet now.

Edited by moarhair (see edit history)

I did change it on page 1. The only place it says Chief of Security is in the Talents section, but that bit is not editable. I can cross off "Chief of" in the talent's name and description and just leave Security if you'd like.

19 minutes ago, moarhair said:

I did change it on page 1. The only place it says Chief of Security is in the Talents section, but that bit is not editable. I can cross off "Chief of" in the talent's name and description and just leave Security if you'd like.

Nah, we're good.