Emil Fischer, "Toreador" Gallerist

moarhair

Name: Emil Fischer Nature: Capitalist Clan: Followers of Set Toreador
Player: moarhair Demeanor: Bon Vivant Generation: 13th
Chronicle: Two and a half princes Concept: Finance bro turned Art dealer Sire:  
spacer.png
Strength CharismaHustler Perception
Dexterity
🔵 Manipulation Intelligence
Stamina 🔵 Appearance Wits
spacer.png
Alertness 🔵 Animal Ken Academics 🔵
Athletics Crafts Computer
Awareness Drive Finance
Brawl 🔵 Etiquette 🔵 Investigation 🔵
Empathy 🔵 Firearms Law
Expression 🔵 Larceny Medicine
Intimidation Melee Occult
Leadership Performance 🔵 Politics
Streetwise Stealth 🔵 Science
Subterfuge Survival Technology
spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png
Obfuscate 🔵 Alternate Identity"Emil Fischer" has official documentation and is, for all intents and purposes, a "real" person 🔴🔴 Humanity
Presence 🔵 HerdA small group of aspiring artists and hangers-on drawn in by Emil's charisma Conscience
Serpentis ResourcesA mix of financial investments, transfers from the Temple of Stuttgart, and profits from his gallery 🟥 Self-Control
Auspex 🔴 RetainerValentina Rainer, Ghoul (see Important NPCs below) 🔴 Courage
Celerity 🔵 Contacts-Eva Kobalenka, artist 🟣    
Language (German) Native language Dark Secret (Setite) 🟢 🔴🔴🔴🔴
Language (Arabic) 🔴 Bad Sight 🟢    
Language (English) Free (house rule)        
Language (Turkish) 🔴        

1/Turn
▶ Add 2 health levels to damage from sunlight
▶ -1 die when acting in bright light
0 / 50
Legend
Creation Freebie 🔴🟢 Experience 🔵 Gained through play 🟣

*template shamelessly stolen from Malkavian Grin. All credit goes to them.

Edited by moarhair
added Contact gained (see edit history)

image.jpeg.358e87f890c4c8b3cbf8bfc588e8c897.jpegEmil Fischer, born Ismael Hassan, was the son of a Syrian immigrant and a West German woman. His parents both worked for Mercedes-Benz in Stuttgart, his mother as a secretary and his father on the assembly line at the factory. Both his parents worked hard to ensure a good future for their son and to send him to good schools. Despite being German-born, Ismael initially struggled to fit in. He had to learn to put in extra effort to be accepted, but somehow still managed to often feel othered by his peers. When he got to college age, he was accepted in the business program at City, University of London.

Ismael graduated as the dot-com bubble was picking up steam. He started a company with some of his classmates to capitalize on the bubble, but they failed to see the signs of impending and went under when the bubble went bust. When the going had been good, Ismael had made a point to show off his success and rub it in people's faces. These people remembered and he found it difficult to find employment in his field. With his tail between his legs, he went back home.

For a while, he hopped from sales job to sales job, partying at night and blowing his money on luxury to maintain the image of success. It was at that time that he was noticed by his sire. At first, he was convinced to use his corporate access to peddle drugs to his colleagues. Then, gradually, he was introduced to the cult. Initially, he thought it was just an eyes wide shut-type secret society for rich perverts to network. Ismael knew he'd stumbled upon his big chance and went along with it. Once again, he missed the warning signs until the fangs had sunk into his neck.

Viviane Ehlers, his sire, was part of a line of Setites that had infiltrated the Toreador Clan and the Camarilla over a century ago. The Temple helped Ismael reinvent himself. From Ismael Hassan the salesman to Emil Fischer, the distinguished gallerist. After a few months of practice, he was introduced to the Kindred community of Stuttgart. For years he worked for his sire, doing her and the Temple's bidding while worming his way into the good graces of his "fellow" Toreador.

News of the Kindred's disappearance from Heidelberg hit his sire very hard. One of the city's Toreadors was in fact her sister, a fellow Serpent. When the call went out to repopulate the city, Viviane tasked Emil with uncovering wat happened to her brood-sister and re-establishing a Setite presence in Heidelberg.

Objectives
  • Discover what happened to the Setites Toreadors in Heidelberg
  • Re-establish a Setite Toreador presence in the city
  • Make allies within the new Kindreds moving to Heidelberg, learn their vices and find ways to fulfill them
  • Earn a place in the city's Kindred hierarchy
  • Become a player in Heidelberg's art scene
  • Make contacts and allies among Heidelberg's criminal underworld
Important NPCs
  • Viviane Ehlers (Kindred, Setite): Emil's sire. Respected member of Stuttgart's Kindred community. She was embraced in the early 1970s. She appears to be a socialite and dilletante, but is cunning and ruthless. She has managed to earn recognition and renown in her home city's Kindred community and serves as one of Stuttgart's harpies.
  • Rosalie Wissmann (Kindred, Setite): Viviane's brood sister. She was embraced in the late 1950s and was a beatnik in her mortal days. She ran the Clan's operations in Heidelberg and vanished with the rest of the city's Kindred community. She ran an art gallery, which the Clan kept active through mortal retainers after her disappearance. Emil plans to take it over when he arrives in Heidelberg.
  • Valentina Rainer (Ghoul): Emil's assistant, she sees to his affairs during the day. Serious, devilishly smart, quick-witted, well-versed in Art History and business alike, many have called her the woman behind Emil's throne. She has been in his service for a little under a decade.

Edited by moarhair (see edit history)

Math

Freebies (15)

Dark Secret +1
Bad Sight (1) +1

Language (Arabic) -1
Language (French) -1
Language (Turkish) -1

Alternate Identity (2 dots) -2
Resources (1 dot) -1

Willpower (4 dots) -4

Auspex (1 dot) -7

TOTAL = 15

Experience (50)

Dexterity 1→2 -4
Stamina 2→3 -8

Alertness 1→2 -2
Brawl 1→2 -2
Empathy 1→2 -2
Expression 1→2 -2
Etiquette 1→2 -2
Performance 1→2 -2
Stealth 1→2 -2
Academics 1→2 -2
Investigation 1→2 -2

Obfuscate 1→2 -5
Presence 1→2 -5
Celerity 0→1 -10

TOTAL = 50

Kaleb looked at the office's door with increasing anxiety. He could hear the hum of conversation from the other side, punctuated by the occasional sound of glasses coming into contact with each other. He could picture the crowd in his mind, dressed in their trendy clothes, looking around with condescension in their eyes. Looking to pounce at the first sign of weakness. He turned and walked back to the desk. He leaned against it and took long, deep breaths, trying to steady his thundering heart.

He jumped when the door opened, a squeal escaping his lips as he wheeled around. It was Emil, the gallery owner. Kaleb swallowed nervously. "Ah. I take it we're not quite ready for your big debut?" Emil asked with a sympathetic smile.

"I'm sorry... I just... I didn't so many people would come," Kaleb stammered. He started pulling at the string of his hoodie.

Emil made his way across the room and leaned on the desk next to Kaleb. "You don't have to be nervous. You've already laid yourself bare in your pieces and they loved them. They'll love you too. Trust me, I've been doing this for a long time. I know a winner when I see one."

Kaleb knew Emil was trying to reassure him, but... laid yourself bare... the words echoed in his mind. They've seen you, they know you're trash, that you don't deserve any attention. They only stayed to laugh at you.

He heard Emil sigh. You're letting him down, after all he's done for you... "Kaleb, look at me." With titanic effort, the artist managed to comply. "A lot of creatives struggle like this. And it's your first show, no less. Don't worry, I have just the thing for this." Emil had retrieved a small case from his pocket. He flicked it open with his thumb, revealing a handful a small, white, round pills. "Take one."

Memories flashed in Kaleb's mind. His mother, lying on the couch, a smoking pipe fallen on the ground burning a hole in the carpet... His father hurling slurred insults at a neighbor who hurried into their apartment... "I... don't do drugs..."

Emil chuckled. "This isn't some street shit. They're prescription anti-anxiety meds. A friend gives me his extras for when this," he crowed with a tilt of his head towards the door, "gets to be too much. They'll just give you a bit of that extrovert magic."

Kaleb bit his lip, his eyes went to the door, then back to the tin. Emil laughed again. It was warm and kind, not like the mocking Kaleb was used to. The gallerist reached inside the case and took one of the pills, he popped it into his mouth and swallowed it. "See? Nothing to worry about."

A peal of laughter drew Kaleb's attention to the door again. He looked back down at the tin. One pill couldn't hurt, right?

I've never known much about the Setites, but this is a pretty cool character! I could see Chloe thinking he's the coolest in the room and want to glom on to him due to his charm and charisma.

I always enjoy when clans manage to infiltrate another. Makes for tasty drama later!

Yeah, I could see that as well. Especially since Chloe is an aspiring artist and Emil operates in that milieu.

There's definitely some drama potential there. Setites tend to be universally reviled. If someone discovers his secret, they'd have a pretty big piece of leverage to use against him.

One dot too much in talents (you have 14 rather than 13).

First foreign language is free (house rule). How about putting that dot into retainer, to make her more than a Renfield?

The background makes it easy for me to see that character. Excellent work!