Packer "The Stump" Green

bcool999

Packer ‘The Stump’ Green

spacer.png

Parker ‘The Stump’ Green

Crew Roles:

Defender, Pack Mule

Tank Roles:

Loader, Commander (Perception and Challenge), and (Technically) Engineer. 

Description

Packer Green stays in his armor most of the time. The battle scarred suit of welded and rivetted scrap covers most of him so a casual glance normally won't out him as a mutant until they see his eyes. His eyes glow amber which while cool looking and useful since they can see in the dark, unnerves most folk who want nothing to do with mutants. Under the armor, Packer is a surprisingly dense bundle of corded muscle packed into a short 5'0'' frame. Before noticing his physique though, most will note his features first which are stained green by chlorophyll where it isn't rough and brown like tree bark. His hair is mostly a bundle of leafy matter growing from his scalp. He claims he used to have actual hair at one point but as his mutation progressed plants replace hair.

Between his mutations and his battle scars, which includes missing most of his lips, most are thankful that he keeps to a full body suit of armor that includes a helmet.

Personality

Despite being mostly ostracized for what he is, Packer doesn't hold a chip on his shoulder for it. Most things out in the wastes that doesn't look human want to kill you, heck most humans in the waste what to kill you. In fact, Packer tends to be quite verbose with others even if he isn't the most elegant speaker. He loves ribald jokes even at his own expense and enjoys drinking, eating, and generally partying when times are good.

He also feels deeply indebted to the Tank and it's Crew. After his mutation started setting in and became too difficult to hide no one would tolerate Packer. He wandered the Wastes nearly dying several times before he was taken in and apprenticed on the Tank. He is still not the best when it comes to working or repairing the tank (though being able to lift most heavy components does come in handy) so he focuses most of his energy on protecting the Crew when the Tank can't be used. He takes the Tanker's Creed as his way of life and doesn't see himself leaving the Crew alive.

Backstory

Backstory: Packer was born in what was once called Wisconsin in the time before Collision. Now it is an area known as the Lake Country which is a loose collection of settlements, tribes, and warlords who eke out a living near the three giant bodies of water called the Great Lakes. The lakes themselves are too irradiated to drink for man, but this doesn’t stop other creatures from the wastes from taking advantage of the freshwater. In fact, one mutated species of Algae that blooms on the lakes actually thrives on the radiation and was found to have valuable medicinal properties. Of course when Packer’s settlement made that discovery and started trading the Algae Warlords and Raiders quickly moved in and made Packer an orphan. In fact, Packer blames the swim he took to escape the bloodshed along with the algae for his mutation, but it is merely an uneducated guess. 

Packer was lucky enough to be picked up by an independent trader caravan. They adopted him and cared for him until his was almost 15. His second home was not to last though once Packer’s mutation set in. The caravan, for all their kindness, couldn’t accept and wouldn’t trade with mutants. It started as just a discolored patch of skin, but once his eyes started to glow and leaves sprouted from him, the caravan gave him a sack of supplies and exiled him. This started Packer’s journey as a lone road survivor. He picked up the first of many scars during this period as he traveled roughly south. He fell in with the Knights of Ford for a short while. Long enough to learn how to fight and use a shield. However some of the practices of the Knights and their attitude toward Packer himself rubbed Packer the wrong way so he left an never looked back. 

Eventually, Packer heard about [The Crew] and their [Tank]. The stories seemed interesting enough so he thought he would go and see if what they said was true about a band and their war machine helping folks and battling the worst the wastes have to offer. In the end Packer fell in with the Crew. Apprenticed and was accepted into the Crew as a shareholder. Packer also felt passionate enough about the creed that he has a copy tattooed onto his back as a reminder for how he wishes to live. Since then, Packer has been the shield that guards the Crew anywhere that the Tank can’t fit. His stubborn refusal to back down with bullets and blades, tooth and claw chipping away at him has earned him the nickname of The Stump. Just like a stubborn old tree stump that refuses to move and takes forever to chop through. The fact that Packer hates being called Stumpy is of course only tangentially related to the nickname. 

Edited by Paxon (see edit history)

@Paxon Okay Packer Green is ready for Submission. I do have some mechanical questions to run by you though. 

1. I would like to request Force Redirection Technique for Packer. 
2. Is the Adopted Trait fine to pick up Racial Traits? Races aren’t really a thing but if I could I would like to pick up the Helpful (Halfling) trait. 
3. For Packer’s Mutation I have Mutation taking the Anthropomorphic Transformation which according to the Transformation feat rules lets me pick a Body or Transformation Talent to apply Anthropomorphic’s 2 traits with. I choose the Protean (Body) and the Close Wounds and Shift Organs Traits if they are acceptable.  Improved Transformation gets Packer Darkvision at this level (fluffed into glowing eyes). 
I also with the drawback of obvious mutation on the Greater Mutation feat took Plant Transformation and Favored Form gets me the Rigid body Trait from Plant for +3 Natural Armor. 

As far as Combos are concerned I have a couple going on. 
1. Endure Pain + Quick Recovery. I mean… it’s basically Fast Healing on any damage I can delay. 
2. Bodyguard + Cover Ally (Shield) + Defend Other (Guardian) is how I keep others alive. It gives an adjacent ally + 10 AC (3 Cover Ally, 3 Defend Other, and 4 Bodyguard) at the cost of 2 AoOs spent and an immediate action. Which if it still hits after that I can take the damage in their place. Not including any penalty the enemy may have to attack an ally if they are Challenged. 
3. Guardian’s Challenge + Justice Motif + Mixed Assault are a combo for conditional bonuses to attack and damage. Guardian’s Challenge gives me a +2 to attack and damage for anything I Challenge, Justice Motif gives me a +3 to attack and damage anything that damages me for 1 round (Perhaps because they were challenged to) and Mixed Assault gives a +4 bonus to damage until the end of my next turn if I meet the condition. Total can be a +5 to hit +9 to damage if they all line up on the same creature. 

2 hours ago, bcool999 said:

@Paxon Okay Packer Green is ready for Submission. I do have some mechanical questions to run by you though. 

1. I would like to request Force Redirection Technique for Packer. 
2. Is the Adopted Trait fine to pick up Racial Traits? Races aren’t really a thing but if I could I would like to pick up the Helpful (Halfling) trait. 
3. For Packer’s Mutation I have Mutation taking the Anthropomorphic Transformation which according to the Transformation feat rules lets me pick a Body or Transformation Talent to apply Anthropomorphic’s 2 traits with. I choose the Protean (Body) and the Close Wounds and Shift Organs Traits if they are acceptable.  Improved Transformation gets Packer Darkvision at this level (fluffed into glowing eyes). 
I also with the drawback of obvious mutation on the Greater Mutation feat took Plant Transformation and Favored Form gets me the Rigid body Trait from Plant for +3 Natural Armor. 

As far as Combos are concerned I have a couple going on. 
1. Endure Pain + Quick Recovery. I mean… it’s basically Fast Healing on any damage I can delay. 
2. Bodyguard + Cover Ally (Shield) + Defend Other (Guardian) is how I keep others alive. It gives an adjacent ally + 10 AC (3 Cover Ally, 3 Defend Other, and 4 Bodyguard) at the cost of 2 AoOs spent and an immediate action. Which if it still hits after that I can take the damage in their place. Not including any penalty the enemy may have to attack an ally if they are Challenged. 
3. Guardian’s Challenge + Justice Motif + Mixed Assault are a combo for conditional bonuses to attack and damage. Guardian’s Challenge gives me a +2 to attack and damage for anything I Challenge, Justice Motif gives me a +3 to attack and damage anything that damages me for 1 round (Perhaps because they were challenged to) and Mixed Assault gives a +4 bonus to damage until the end of my next turn if I meet the condition. Total can be a +5 to hit +9 to damage if they all line up on the same creature. 

Great, marking as submitted!

Answers:

1. Force Redirection Technique approved.

2. Adopted/Helpful is fine. I basically removed racial requirements for feats/traits/etc anyway because of origin sphere instead of race. So then yeah, you can just pick up the better halfling version of helpful.

3. Those transformation traits all sound fine to me, and seem to fit your character's mechanics and theme well. 

Thanks for calling out those combos, good to know about, and nothing amiss there for the campaign and power levels of it. The Stump is a good tank and protects his crew well.