The Sonderbar

Gris

spacer.pngDavid Macleod

David keeps slightly nodding at the comments and replies. "No more questions for me."

Addressing the other neonates after taking a card from Emil, he offers, "I don't hear any suggestions for a new location to talk, and we don't have any information to make a plan. Maybe we just introduce ourselves here and exchange contact information. When we get Elsa's information, we can reconvene to discuss and plan."

"Look, I can go first. My name is David Macleod. Recently from the Tremere chantry in Fife, Scotland." He surveys his peers looking for someone to follow.

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)

image.png
Health Nominal Willpower ●●● Blood ●●●●● Path Merits / Flaws
spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngThe woman reached out for Emil's card, but Chloe snatched it up first. Tucking her bear in her armpit, she held the card in both hands and stared at its colors. A tiny smile wormed onto her face.

"Do you collect paintings, Emil?" the girl asked without looking away from it. "I like looking at them. And making them. Mister Snuffles helps." She stopped turning and started swaying side to side at a quick pace.

After a long moment, she gave the card to her "mother" and then looked at her expectantly. "Chloe, we ca--er, shouldn't. You know the neighbors talk," the woman said, weakly pleading with the girl. Chloe's shoulders sank in defeat and again the bear was held in two arms.

David's suggestion gave Chloe a clear path to follow. She stood up taller and said, in a mid-western American English, "My name is Chloe Wagner. I'm nine years old and I like to paint. My Sire told me we are the Children of Malkav. Said that's why I see and hear things."

Tugging at the woman's sleeve, Chloe said, "Give them the info." The girl started rubbing at a spot on her arm, over and over while the woman wrote Chloe's information on slips of paper to hand out.

Chloe's "card"

spacer.png

Emil Fischer

image.jpeg.9afb4351e06a1b033218fe0131373243.jpeg"As you've all surmised from my card, I'm Emil. I hail from the Stuttgart Artistes," Emil says as he looks around at the assembled Kindred. His gaze finally settles on Chloe. "I wouldn't say I collect paintings, I merely help them on their way. Art shouldn't be hidden away. It should be shared. Art is only art when it is experienced. Maybe you can bring one of your works at our next meeting."

Emil turns back to the others. "I'm willing to take on the responsibility of finding a place for our next Elysium. I'll let you all know once I've found a suitable location. In the meantime, please let me know if you need any special accommodation."

Edited by moarhair (see edit history)

IC Post

Kevin KemmlerProfile.JPG.607789dace2553c76579b930c889084c.JPG

"Then there's no point working against each other, is there. Advertise, monopolise, yeah?", Kevin replies to Lily with a wink, before sliding his cracked phone on the table to stop in front of Lily. "Give yourself a ring."

His attention back at the table, he shrugs. "Nothing comes to mind yet. Though, email - we could stand to modernise this, yeah?" announces his reply to the woman ready to leave, before a chuckle follows at Chloe's reply after a brief look of confusion, before continuing with a much more patient tone when he turns to Chloe. "What? Ah. I meant, pocket them. You know, removals? Nice to meet you, Chloe." Adding in a much faster and direct tone as he turns to the rest of the table, "Everyone's an artist here. Means a better margin, better fenc-. Anyway, I'm going off track." A clear look of impatience flashes across his face as the suggestion to take caution takes place, but he harrumphs and chugs the remainder of his now room temperature beer. "Kevin.", he says, "From the East. I have some crew here, and I can give you a hand if you got problems with the boot. If there's something you don't want to risk your brush hand for, you call me."

"Ha! Macloud? Like the swordsman, yeah? Have you got a swor- wait, chantry? I thought we couldn't go in a church?", he quizzes David, clearly interested. "As for the next... Elisham, sure, sounds like a plan. Warn me if it's too glitzy, yeah, Emil?"

Lily

320px-Fernand_Khnopff_-_I_lock_my_door_upon_myself.jpeg

Lily texts herself -- she has a US number with a New York area code -- before sliding the phone back to Kevin with a nod of agreement.

"Lily Koenig Milliner," she introduces herself, a name which may mean a lot or nothing at allGerman characters may have heard of the König family, a.k.a. the Merchants of Death, who are a bit like the Starks of the Marvel Universe - incredibly rich arms dealers who have supplied the tech to fight two world wars and remained rich after Germany's disarmament by selling to warlords abroad. Kevin and Emil probably are aware they have mob ties too. Kindred-savvy characters will know they are the German branch of the Giovanni clan, and that the name "Milliner" is associated with the American branch. to those present. "My family is very well represented in a number of industries, as well as some more...informal lines of investment. I'm just a history buff, though." Her card, when she passes it to those interested in collecting cards, has the bland title of "Researcher/Appraiser".

Edited by Sister Spooky (see edit history)

image.png
spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngChloe furrowed her brow in confusion at Emil's words. "Help them on their way where?" she asked, but the question was quickly overshadowed when he asked for her to bring some art with her. "Okay!" she said with more excitement. Her swaying picked up momentum as her mood shifted toward a manic episode.

The girl's attention turned to Kevin, a brimming smile now plastered on her face as the conversation turned to art.

"Why would you take art? Are you making room for more? Where does the old art go? Do you show it to people who've never seen it yet? What kind of art do you make? Do you have any? Can I see it?!" she asked in rapid-fire succession, giving no time for answers between them.

The conversation shifted away from art as fast as it had come to it. Kevin's words left Chloe confused. What she did understand at least was the name-dropping of Tremere and Milliner.

"Oh! Do you do magic? You don't seem like an upright wizard. Not like those others," she said to David, more at him than engaging in conversation. Chloe turned and looked at Lily. "I've heard about the Milliners! My Sire used to talk about them!" she said with far too much enthusiasm. "I bet you have some cool stories! I wanna hear something spooky and then make a painting about it!"

The woman in red leaned down a little and said, "Dear, you're talking too fast--" but Chloe shot her a wicked look. A snarl mixed into her wide smile, causing her face to look unnatural. "QUIET!" she barked forcefully. The woman flinched and stood back up, saying nothing else.

Lily

320px-Fernand_Khnopff_-_I_lock_my_door_upon_myself.jpeg

"Errr..." Lily looks somewhat embarrassed. "I hate to disappoint you, but my family is actually quiteFeel free to contradict this with any number of weird rumors....well, I was going to say 'boring' but that's not fair, er, I mean I don't find them boring," her face suggess this might not be entirely true, "but you might. I know quite a few 'spooky' stories, though -- I used to lead lantern tours at the local cemeteries back home -- and I'd be happy to share them with you, when we have time."

spacer.pngDavid Macleod

David smiles at Kevin's comment and replies, "aye, I know that movie. No, I don't know how to swing a sword. And, chantry is a Tremere thing, not a church thing."

His smile broadens at the child kindred's question, "aye, I can do magic." He leaves that statement just hang out there. Mages never reveal their secrets.

Emil Fischer

image.jpeg.9afb4351e06a1b033218fe0131373243.jpegEmil nods at Kevin. "Will do."

He looks around at the assembled Kindred. "Well, sounds like we've covered all we can tonight. It sounds like we're all curious about the mystery that is Heidelberg, so let's keep in touch, shall we?"

His eyes land on Elsa. "I look forward to seeing what you've compiled for us. If there's nothing else, I propose that we call an end to this introductory meeting."

spacer.pngDavid Macleod

David nods at Emil's conclusions, "aye. Let's stay in contact and investigate together the last place the previous residents were seen. I'm sure we don't want to suffer the same fate."

Nodding to each of the kindred, "good night." With that the Scot rejoins the two Asian tourists and quickly make towards the door for a nightcap.

image.png
spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

As Lily downplayed her mysticism, Chloe frowned a little and said, "Aaaawwww!" in a disappointed tone. "Well, you can still tell me later! There's always more time!" she quickly added with a giggle and bright smile.

David's reply left Chloe a bit nonplused, as did many things that adults would say. Too much mystery and not enough actual answers.

The worn, pink bear hung at Chloe's side in one hand as her energy picked up, but suddenly she realized the group was splitting for the night. "Already?" she asked rhetorically, again with a disappointed tone to her voice. It'd been so long since she'd made anything close to resembling a friend. Then in one night she'd made several--or so she thought--and only got to spend mere minutes with them.

"Well, I'll call--I'll call you!" she butted in as the Kindred started to turn and leave. She gave one last hopeful look up at Emil and said, "I'll make sure to bring my art next time! And--and--and--if you have some to show me, I wanna see it!" she said with far too much enthusiasm, practically tripping over her own words.

Finally, it was obvious the meeting was at its end and Chloe's mother leaned in to whisper that it was time to go. The girl frowned, harrumphed, and held her bear tightly against her chest in both arms. "Fiiiiiiiiiine," she relented as the two turned to leave the bar.

ร—
ร—