OOC discussion

horrizon

Quest for Glory is a computer game series from thirty years ago.  0.o

You pick in character creation if you want to be a Magic User, Fighter, or Thief.  But, you can take skills from any "class".  After beating the first game, you can export your character and import it into the second game "Trial by Fire".  Magic Users can go through the Wizard's Institute of Technorcery and become Wizards half way through the game (and your character sheet changes to reflect that).  Any character, though, Fighter, Wizard, or Thief can act with Honor, and if they hit a threshhold before the end of the game, Rakeesh will give them his flaming sword "Soulforge" and offer to train them as a Paladin.

In the third game, Wages of War, once again having imported your character from the second, you can play as a Paladin.  IF, and only if, you became a Paladin in TbF can you play a Paladin in this game and its follow-up "Shadows of Darkness".  The Fifth Game "Dragon Fire" allows you to create one without importing, because so long had passed between four and five.

2 hours ago, wtaylorjr2001 said:

Thank you, I never heard of it before now. It sounds exciting. I looked it up and its on steam. I will check it out later. Do you know how to roll six sided dice here?

I am also going to check it out.

To roll, there should be a dice-shaped icon at the bottom of your post.

Currently, the order of operations is this - make a post.  Edit a post.  Click the die.  Add your roll(s).  Save.  Lather, rinse, and repeat as necessary.

32 minutes ago, CharmingSatyr said:

I am also going to check it out.

To roll, there should be a dice-shaped icon at the bottom of your post.

Currently, the order of operations is this - make a post.  Edit a post.  Click the die.  Add your roll(s).  Save.  Lather, rinse, and repeat as necessary.

What should I enter in the string field. I looked at the help section and it mentioned 4d6 fate dice. Thanks for the help.

The dice format is XdY+Z.  

X=the number of dice

Y=type of dice (e.g. six-sided, twelve-sided, etc.)

Z=modifiers (e.g. +3, *2, -2, etc.)

So, rolling one six sided die is 1d6.

Rolling two four-sided dice with a +3 modifier is 2d4+3.

And so on.

@CharmingSatyrThank you.

@horrizonMy rats in 2 groups of 3 search for the herbs for a health potion. 

I also search till they come and get me (they track me by smell)

Mine is the last search. I made a mistake. The rats have 1 mage

Edited by wtaylorjr2001 (see edit history)
Name
Rat's Herb Search
1d6+1 [[1]]
Henry's Herb Search
1d6+8 [[3]]
Henry's Herb Search
1d6+8 [[6]]
Henry's Herb Search
1d6+8 [[5]]
Rat's Herb Search
1d6+1 [[3]]
Henry's Herb Search
1d6+8 [[5]]
Rat's Herb Search
1d6+1 [[6]]

18 minutes ago, horrizon said:

strange that you have roll results but I can't see the rolls themselves in this post

The rolls are here: https://test.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/947-ooc-discussion/page/2/#comment-4607

There are no results, I just got an 11 and the rats highest was a 7. I didn't know how to use the dice roller and Charming Satyr helped me, that is why the dice rolls are all over the place. The ones you saw were fate dice, the only examples I could find, and they didn't work.