Out-of-Character Chat

TheFred

Eek, that's a heck of a start. I thought @ccanary would have gotten involved first. She's got the best line on him anyhow.

Also, did Mack's 18 vs. the cook connect? You didn't mention it.

Oh wait, drat, Mack fired twice. Yeah he hits (but doesn't kill) - I'll update the post.

I hadn't expected my first ever attack after recruitment to roll a nat 20, and firearms have a x4 crit multiplier. The brutality and (potential) lethality of this actually seems kind of appropriate for a Western but it's not much fun to have one of our characters die right off the bat. I think we should say she's dying but not dead, and the rest of the group can patch her up after the fight. I'm happy e.g. to let people make tweaks to their characters after the first fight anyway, once you've seen them in action.

Maybe... if they can get to her in time? That might mean scrambling down the precarious and dangerous slope whilst getting shot at? Could be a good way to heighten the drama! These bad guys are actually not that dangerous, other than via nat 20s.

20 minutes ago, ccanary said:

Sorry all, missed my cue! I'll be in in a sec.

I figured you might join in a round or two later anyway. After all you’ve got to figure out what’s going on and then decide to join.

Perhaps Shenoah can save Jen’s life? Good way to introduce yourself to the party I suppose.

6 hours ago, TheFred said:

Oh wait, drat, Mack fired twice. Yeah he hits (but doesn't kill) - I'll update the post.

I hadn't expected my first ever attack after recruitment to roll a nat 20, and firearms have a x4 crit multiplier. The brutality and (potential) lethality of this actually seems kind of appropriate for a Western but it's not much fun to have one of our characters die right off the bat. I think we should say she's dying but not dead, and the rest of the group can patch her up after the fight. I'm happy e.g. to let people make tweaks to their characters after the first fight anyway, once you've seen them in action.

Maybe... if they can get to her in time? That might mean scrambling down the precarious and dangerous slope whilst getting shot at? Could be a good way to heighten the drama! These bad guys are actually not that dangerous, other than via nat 20s.

She is a Cleric, maybe there's a story to be had there about divine intervention or something like that. I know Newt would have something to say about that given the backstory I laid out for him. Just an idea.

I think Shenoah going and applying some healing actually gives her a great excuse to get involved in the combat, and endear herself to the group. Obviously, Erico, if you want Jen to die ignobly and then create a new character you are welcome to but, like I said, I tend to treat at least the first combat as a bit of a test run so I think everyone gets a pass this time.

At any rate, it's over to everyone else to act.

At any rate, I think it's everyone hiding in the bushes now to act?

I have family stuff on over this weekend so my availability may be limited, please bear with me folks.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be on vacation in Rome from Monday, April 15 through Wednesday, April 24. I'll be able to check in on OOC and in chat, but won't have my computer with me so I can't do an IC post. Please NPC me while I'm gone, thanks!

Sorry for the radio silence, I'd planned to get everything caught up last weekend but I unexpected had rather a lot on.

Buzz takes a tumble so I cancelled his Magic Missile, though I suppose technically he could cast it whilst face-down in the dirt. I noted a +4 to his AC for being prone but actually assuming he doesn't cast MM and stands back up, he doesn't get that - but it doesn't matter, the bandit has a large range penalty and Buzz's touch AC is OK (note: thanks for including AC in your posts, but with guns all over the place, touch AC is more useful!).

• 2 weeks later...