Well laid plans

KoboldDM

Once everyone was settled down and the people from town were informed of what was going on, how they couldn't go home yet because there was still a threat and the other adventurers, scouts, and guards were talked into staying on to help while the party took care of said threat. Everyone went about the night as normal. Fearing any trouble that might arise guards were posted and the party was given the rooms they wanted so they could feel secure.

Once every member settled in for a good night sleep and placed the Tiara on they instantly fell asleep their mind being transported to a white void like space where a voice rang out in their heads, Eizan getting a greeting asking if she wished to continue her quest for power, once it was confirmed that is what she desired she was given special instructions that she had to do before going back to sleep, before her training could begin however the voice had a private conversation with her once that was finished her dreams were filled with happy thoughts of training her friend and becoming even closer than they already were, as well as training with a bow . "Language settings confirmed. Mapping new user and servant of Lady Eizan, I welcome you member of The Psycho Killers. What is your desire?"

A bit of talking to describe what each member wanted and they were asleep having their own dreams of training, Ishino and Fredrick were both out for the next 24 hours their minds and bodies slowed by the magical item so they would be safe. Though a few needs would become apparent upon waking their sleep would be comfortable.

Robbert woke up at the same time as Eizan having learned over night what would have taken years of training, these new skills were second nature.
Both Eizan and Robbert would wake up to the sound of their doors being pounded on. "Wake up, are you ok? Look we need your advice, this is your property now."
"Anything?"
"Nothing over here."
"I think I hear snoring?"
"Oh come on, how can they sleep through this, they have to be dead."
"Dunno, my ma told me a story once about a guy slept through a stampede, got trampled and woke up the next day like nothin happened."
"I'm breaking the door down."

Edited by KoboldDM (see edit history)

The guards each share a glance at once another, before the human who had knocked on her door cleared his throat. "No, however we did find someone new. He came out of a secret staircase under the throne. He was bewildered and asking where he was. Soaking wet when we found him. We took him to the mess hall to get something to eat since he said he was hungry and.... Look I know it sounds odd but he ate three plates and a set of cutlery like it was normal. Just bit into the knife and chewed it!"

EIZAN

"That... is not normal. No," Eizan admits, shrugging with uncertainty how to respond.

"Take me to him - and Robbert. If he's awake. I know Fred and Ishino are dream training," she adds without explaining what that means. That's pretty par for the course with this little one. She has Oda remain in the armory as she follows the 'guards'.

spacer.png

The two guards bring her along to the mess hall, a rather large carved out portion of mountain with several support pillars and fanciful carvings that date back centuries. New fermeture has been moved in since, long tables, and benches line the hall while there is plenty of space and room to walk.
Alone at one of the tables sits a skinny human with a dark beard and hair, streaked with just a bit of gray to it. He has a stack of several plates next to him and is in the middle of finishing his latest serving of roasted vegetable stew. "This is the man." One of the guards says when they are close enough.

The human sees the group approaching and smiles "Hello, might I say that this meal is divine. Your cook knows just how to bring out the flavors well even for a simple dish like this, I really do thank you all for the help but I would like to contribute something. You said you didn't want me washing the dishes but perhaps I can be of some other aid? I am an alchemist, do you need anything brewed? I don't like being in debt." He says casually like nothing is out of the ordinary.

"No, no that's fine, this is one of the owners of the keep. Miss Eizan the last dish he 'washed'" The guard said nodding to one of the bowls that had a bite taken out of it. It was a thick wooden bowl but there it was a clean bite taken right out of it.

"Oh my where are my manners you must think horrible of me." The man said quickly wiping his mouth and hands, getting up and bowing gracefully. "Peter Badingrew at your service..... your umm grace? I'm sorry I wasn't informed of your title."

EIZAN

"Hello Peter Badingrew. I am Eizan! They tell me I am a lady," Eizan proclaims, stomping a bare foot on a chair near where their 'guest' is seated. She leans her weight onto the chair, leaning forward as she stares.

"You eat not-eatable things, Peter. First, you must tell us why! Then you tell us why you were inside a psycho monster's throne! And then... And then," she adds, then counts on her little green fingers. Coming to three she adds, "And third! Yes. You may be useful. But we must know of your secrets."

spacer.png

Name
Knowledge (Nature) to Identify if he's a weird creature
1d20+9 12
Knowledge (Planes) to Identify if he's a weird creature
1d20+5 4

(OOC, from everything she can see of him he appears to be a normal human being, what she was told however doesn't fit anything natural except for maybe a rust monster which was supposed to be hunted to extinction a thousand years ago because of how dangerous they were with the precious little metal they had.)

Peter looks at Eizan curiously. "Lady Eizan, a pleasure. I know it is important I answer your questions and I truly wish I could. Starting with your second question I awoke just a while ago in a strange room with several magical implements the likes of which I have never seen before, sopping wet, chilled to the bone, and feeling like i was starving. I followed a set of stairs and I was here, before that the last thing I remember is working in my shop and some horrible nightmares. As for your final question I am an alchemist, I can make a number of potions if given the time and ingredients, I was considered the best in my field at home but..." He looked around the place and sighed. "I have a feeling I'm a far distance from there now. As for your first question I am not sure what you mean by eating non edible things. The food your cooks prepared was lovely and I enjoyed it quite a lot. Do you not like the food here?"

Edited by KoboldDM (see edit history)

Headshot

Robbert O'Finn | Sylv | Cryptic 6 | Initiative +5 | Speed 30 ft | HP 100/100 [THP: 0] | Power Points 23/68
AC: 19, Touch: 14, Flat-Footed 15, CMD: 21 | Fort +9 Ref +14 Will +13 | BAB 7.5 | ResistancesNone | ConditionsInertial Armor (5 PP, 6 hours, +6 Armor to AC)

Disrupt Pattern (PBS) +12 (1d6+13 +4d6, 20x2)
MW Shortbow (+1 Adamantine Arrows) +12 (1d6+1, 20x3)
+1 Adamantine Rapier +9 (1d6+3, 18-20x2)
+1 Adamantine Dagger +9 (1d4+3, 19-20x2)

Skills, Abilities, and Powers

Acrobatics +17, Appraise +12, Craft (Traps) +32, Disable Device +19*+24 vs. Traps, KnowledgeArcana +20
Dungeoneering +20
Engineering +11
Geography +11
History +20
Local +20
Martial +12
Nature +20
Nobility +11
Planes +20
Psionics +20
Religion +20
, Linguistics +14, Perception +14*+19 vs. Traps
Automatic check within 10 ft. of a Trap
Profession (Librarian) +14, Spellcraft +20, Stealth +8, Use Magic Device +22

Altered Defense: 11/11r per day (Swift, +2 DR/-, Dodge AC, or Bonus to Hit someone who hit you)
Disable Locks 10/10 per day (Standard, 30 ft range, ML +10 vs. Lock DC)
Branding Pattern (Swift, Ranged Touch, target takes +[7] damage from you until the start of your next turn)
Disable Weapon or Armor (Melee Touch, ML check DC 11+ML of object, suppress item for 5 rounds)
Dislocating Pattern (On Disrupt Pattern, enemy takes -2 Attack, Damage, Skills, and Saves until DC15 Heal check)

Cryptic TalentsCosts 1 PP.
Instant powers can be cast w/o PP cost while maintaining Psionic Focus
May expend Psionic Focus instead of paying 1 PP.

Detect Psionics: 60 ft. Cone, Concentration, detect Psionic / Magic auras.
Ectoplasmic Trinket: 1m/ML, create an object up to 1 GP and 1 ft. cube. Complex objects require a Craft check.
Far Hand: Close, Concentration up to 1m, unattended object up to 5 lb. Move Action to move object up to 15 ft. Augment(Bulleted List)
+2 PP = +5 ft. range.
+1 PP = +2 lb.

Psionic Repair: 10m, 1 object up to 1 lb. / ML. Must have higher ML than the repaired object. Repair 1d4 HP.

Cryptic PowersMatching Tattoo always glows when manifesting, even if suppressing other signs.

Many powers can be augmented in more than one way. When the Augment section contains bulleted paragraphs, you need to spend power points separately for each of the bulleted options. When a paragraph in the Augment section begins with “In addition,” you gain the indicated benefit according to how many power points you have already decided to spend on manifesting the power.

Inertial Armor: Personal, 1h/ML, +4 Force Armor to AC, Augment+2 PP = +1 AC
Guidance of the Ancestors: Personal, 1m/ML, +2 Insight to one Knowledge. Augment(Bulleted List)
+1 PP = +1 Bonus [Stacks to +10],
+4 PP and Focus = Weapon Proficiency,
+2 PP = +1 Language.

+1 Skill per +4 PP total.

Mind Palace: Personal, Immediate, +1d4 to your next d20 roll before the start of your next turn. Augment+2 PP = +1d4
Precognition, Defensive: Personal, 1m/ML, +1 Insight to AC and Saves, Augment(Bulleted List)
+3 PP = +1 Bonus [Stacks]
+6 PP = Swift

Dirt Nap: 1h/ML, 5 x 10 ft dirt or stone rectangle, ground turns semi-solidThe interface between this extradimensional space and the material plane is semi-solid and can support covering materials such as spread straw or a sleeping bag. The interface can support up to 20 pounds of material. Such items can be placed from within the space by reaching up then gently retracting your hands, leaving the items above what you now see as your ceiling. and opens into an extra dimensional space that holds up to 8 creatures of any size. Augment+2 PP = +1 Creature
Heightened Vision: Personal, 1h/ML, 60 ft. Darkvision
Holographic Projection: Long, Concentration, 4x 10 ft. cubes, Will Save. Create images, sounds, or thermal sensations. Augment(Bulleted List)
+2 PP per duration (r/ML, m/ML, h/ML, Permanent)
+4 PP to replace the senses, save does not negate blindness,
+8 to selectively replace senses but not everything, allowing for some objects to be invisible but not everything, or show some objects while changing the environment.
+2 PP adds smell, taste, and touch,
+2 PP = 30 ft. cube / ML,
+4 PP illusion can deal 2d6+ML Force damage, Fort half.

+1 DC per +2 PP Total

Concealing Amphora, Greater: Personal, 1r/ML, Total Concealment for duration. Augment+4PP to affect adjacent
Dispel Psionics: Medium, 1d20+ML vs. 11+ML to cancel Power. Augment+6 PP = +1 Power dispelled per 4 ML
+6 PP = 20 ft. AoE dispel

Resting with the Fallen: Close, 1r/ML, Soul inhabits the corpse and can read their memories from before they died for 2x as long as you concentrate. Augment+6 PP = read memories of 1h per round,
+6 PP may corrupt memories,
+4 PP may Animate corpse as a Wright while Concentrating.

Steadfast Perception: Personal, 10m/ML, Immunity to all Figments and Glamours, +6 Enhancement to Perception.

Coming in several minutes after Peter was introduced Robbert comes in with a noticeable case of bedhead. Nodding along he is caught up quickly to Peter's last comments.

"I agree with Eizan, something unusual is going on," Robbert pondered aloud. "I was sure I had searched the throne room rather thoroughly, but apparently the chamber you were in was concealed beyond my skills... One thing I'm curious about though, what was the date when you were last in your workshop?"

Name
Know (History)
1d20+20 4

Peter looked at Robbert as he walked in and listened. "Ah yes, It is the year of our lord Nemo Heverly Buttersby the Sixth, eight hundred and ninety two." With Robbers extensive knowledge of history there has never been any lord or ruler of that name ever existing let alone six of them. "now please sir I would like to repay the kindness I have been shown today. If you don't want me washing dishes like I tried then I can work on something else. Cleaning, dusting, moving things."

EIZAN

"We will look into this chamber and seek answers," Eizan replies, turning to Robbert as she adds, "Dishes are not food! Forks and spoons are not food. Not for any one of us! So no eating them... for now! You may stay here until we have decided what you can do. Maybe... helping us fight the psycho menace!"

"Robbert, let us see this strange throne staircase ourselves, hm?"

spacer.png

Peter looked confused at Eizan "Well yes they are not food, I know that much they are for eating food off of." He stated the obvious.

When the two went to go and investigate the throne room again they found the throne moved back with stairs leading down to a freshly dug out portion of the cavern. Everything inside is unlike anything the group has seen before with several of the plant like lights making the place almost as bright as daylight. Black vines cris crossing along to other metal objects that have no real function the party can see. One room is dedicated to a bunch of objects that make a lot of noise when the door is opened. Another room is dedicated to growing plants with the odd lights that are different colored than the rest. The plants look rather healthy though. There is a bunch of other things that looks like an alchemists lab only fancier.

Another room has a lot of shelves and cabinets all marked in a strange language no one can read. Several vials of things with long metal needles are lined up on a tray near by.
Finally is the last room that has wet foot prints leading from it. That is clearly marked as "Final Plan." inside are three large coffins that had glass fronts the glass has been dropped and shattered, the floor in front of each is covered in wetness and each one has a black vine growing out of the top. Behind one the wall has been burrowed into and caved in. Beside another is a bunch of greenery and small mushrooms growing along the wall. And the third has footprints leading from it out to the hall and up the stairs.

While the party is looking around another guard comes down and calls to them. "You need to see this!" he says and comes down holding with him a metal tray that has been shaped to have different sections for food. The metal is light and shiny and nothing like what they have seen before. "I told Peter, the guy up stairs he could wash dishes. Explaining how to wash them. He laughed saying he knows how then went blank in the face and freaking at the whole stack of dishes. His jaws split open after that and we were ready to attack him but he pulled this out. Ten more just like it and knives, spoons, and forks. Weirdest thing I've ever seen and he claims he didn't do it!"

EIZAN

Eizan is about ready to start examining the plants with great interest when the guard comes rushing down. The concerning story makes her huff. She's sure Robbert is also curious about all the magical doodads and strange devices, but most of it will have to wait.

"I will go talk to the alchemaniac. Robbert, will you look around? Maybe you can figure out why this is called 'the final plan'," she suggests to her companion before taking the strange tray and heading up.

"Peter! What is this?" Eizan demands, waving the metal tray. "This world has little metal. This land hides new metal, but the world outside has little! How do you make metal from nothing with this shape? Are you truly human? DO YOU HAVE A SQUIRMY TADPOLE FROM THE MINDFLOGGERS?"

spacer.png

Robbert is left to look around as he will while the guard takes Eizan back up to Peter who is looking around the place.
Peter listens to each question and stands with his hands behind his back as if at attention in front of a court official. He takes care to answer all of her questions as best he can. "That Miss Eizan is one of the dishes that I washed, I hope it's cleanliness meets with your approval. I am interested that this area of yours has little metal to speak of. I have been told as such but your keep here has it in abundance from what I have seen. Making metal from nothing would be an impossible feat I am afraid. Even if you were to use magic of the highest degree it has to come from something. Yes I am human born and raised. As far as I know I am tadpole free, I don't know of any signs to look out for but I don't feel like I have any such thing."

EIZAN

"Alright, well, we'll deal with any... chores... when my other companions wake up. Just try not to cause a fuss for a day or two, yeah?"

Eizan leaves the fellow to finish her nap.

((I think we should jump to when everyone is up and around. It seems Vald and I should get the larger group together first.))

spacer.png