Character Sheets and Logs

Gregorotto

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Music

DDAL09-01 Description: Damnation! The entire holy city of Elturel—along with its denizens—have been drawn into Avernus, the first layer of the Nine Hells! While those fortunate enough to have been outside of the city’s walls have been spared that fate, they’re not yet out of danger! The refugees formed a caravan bound for the nearby city of Baldur’s Gate. Can you keep them safe from devils, bandits, and one another until they reach safety?

New Charactres

If you're making a new character, welcome aboard! Look at the section below and begin making a level 1 character at your leisure. Make your character according to the rules outlined in the latest Player's Guide for AL.

Pre-Existing Characters

If you're bringing in an established character you've played before, excellent! We're going to be going through the adventure chronologically and beginning with an adventure that's APL 1, in Tier 1, so make sure you have a character suitable for Tier 1 play whether they're level 1 or not. Make sure your character is legal according to the latest Player's Guide specifications and feel free to provide any log sheets so I can see your story rewards and progress from previous stuff, including items/inventory and what have you.

All Characters

Whether you're new or pre-existing, fill out the following information so I can get to know your character and can incorporate them into the game. There are no length requirements one way or another for any of these.

A note on Avernus Rising adventures: The overall tone should be dark, gritty, and brimming with looming uncertainty. Hope is in extremely short supply, and there are times when the characters themselves may be the only ones who can inspire that hope to the people they meet, from here on out. Build a character who can muscle through, but also who is capable of doubt: they'll be challenged physically, mentally, and spiritually in the days ahead.

Name: Your character's name, and what they should be called.
Character Concept: In a sentence, describe your character in a nutshell, thematically.
Race: Your character's race and subrace, using the legally defined outlines in the Player's Guide for generic AL and Forgotten Realms-specific notes; feel free to use FR-specific names, like moon elf instead of high elf.
Class: Your class; if you have a subclass (or plans for a subclass), indicate that as well.
Background: What's your character's background? Look at the legally acceptable ones from the Player's Guide, and if you have access to how Descent into Avernus changes character backgrounds, those are acceptable as well for Background Features.
Alignment: Any non-evil alignment
Deity: You may select any Forgotten Realms deity of your choice; may prove important for this adventure. Keep in mind the alignment restrictions
Faction: If you want to be included in a faction, let me know which. If you're pre-established, let me know if you have any faction renown.
Lifestyle: How expensive is your character's daily life?
Region of Origin: Where in the Forgotten Realms is your character from?
Sheet: You may use MW's sheets, Adventure League Log, or my personal campaign for D&D Beyond (which will be provided on Discord)

Description: Who is your character, physically, mentally, and spiritually? Describe their physique, their mental being, and if they have a spiritual state, go into detail about that.
Past is Prologue: What is your character's backstory? How did they get to the gates of Elturel? Provide as much detail as you like, and make things secret for me as you need.
Adventure Hook: Pick one of the following hooks to incorporate into our first session.

• Caravan Traveler. The characters were part of a caravan, perhaps as guards or merchants, while passing through Elturgard on the way to Baldur’s Gate. After the disappearance of the city, their caravan is quickly converted into a makeshift haven for refugees.
  • Elturgardian Survivor. One or more of the characters are from Elturgard, either as a resident of Elturel itself or from one of the surrounding villages. The sudden devastation of their homeland should spur them into action.
  • Local Connections. The characters were on the way to visit a dignitary, family member, friend, or mentor who resides in Elturgard. The city and surrounding villages were pulled into Avernus moments before they arrived at the city gates. With their personal connection gone, they are left to piece together what happened while helping those who survived.

Optional
Image: Are you planning on using art for your character? Any art style is acceptable, and you may use AI art so long as everyone is ok with that. You may alternatively use a text image instead of a character image
Music: Does your character have any particular musical theme? I love hearing characters.

Character Post Template

Because we are in the early days of Baldr, there is not one set way people like to post just yet. For my sake, I ask you include the following information: Character Name; a link to your character sheet; AC; HP; Passive Perception; Ongoing Effects and Conditions. As with almost all games on MW, I ask that you at the very least bold in-character speech and italicize in-character thoughts. I also ask that you include an OOC section/fieldset in your post, which breaks down your actions by action economy for easy OOC digestion for me (see the last post for a good example of what I mean).

The rest is optional, but good ideas: a character token or image; A color to indicate character speech and thoughts or just character in general; spell slots and abilities with number of abilities per day; languages known; spells prepared or fight style selected; speed; inspiration. anything else you think relevant.

I would rather you not include your whole character sheet in a post template, but I won't argue with you if you do. If you need ideas as to what I think good post templates look like, here are a few I like or use myself: This one, this one, this one, this one, this one, and this one.

Edited by Gregorotto (see edit history)