Lex Samreeth

spacer.png

Basic Information

Name: Yulai Dojitsu

Class: Harbinger

Alignment: CN

Deity: Calistria

Favored Disciplines: Shattered Mirror, Veiled Moon

Character Sheet: Yulai Dojitsu :: Pathfinder :: Myth-Weavers Online Character Sheets

Appearance

A stunning black-furred kitsune with emerald green eyes and long, silken-smooth hair, Yulai is a relatively petite woman. She's lithe and acrobatic, not bulky, and has an exceptionally appealing shape, forming an enticing hourglass. She insists on being perfectly groomed almost constantly, and has a low, melodious voice - except when she's fighting, when her voice gets higher, harsher, and seems to have a dual tone to it.

Personality

Yulai is a study in opposites. She's just as likely to be cheery and effusive as she is to be brooding and reflective. She engages in frequent meditative exercises, and always seems to be ready to work on her next masterpiece. When she's in battle, though, she becomes absolutely terrifying, and her features are overwhelmed by a mask of pure rage and bloodlust. She also has a fondness for certain luxuries, including absinthe, pastries, and candy - she has a MAJOR sweet tooth.

Backstory

Chelish nobility. Kallistocrats from Druma. Aristocrats from Taldor and Mendev. All across Avistan, the rich and powerful have been gushing over the paintings of the mysterious Yulai Dojitsu. Using a blend of Tienese and Avistani styles, Yulai focuses her work on contrasts. Law versus chaos. Good versus evil. Hope versus despair. Peace versus conflict. Never showing one side or the other as the victor. Her exotic nature as a kitsune definitely helps with her noteriety. But her wellspring of inspiration comes from a dark source. In her youth, an oni attempted to possess her and turn her into one of the depraved killers known as the nogitsune. Thanks to the intervention of a kindly priest, the attempt was thwarted, but rather than being destroyed or driven off, the oni now clings to Yulai, dwelling in the darkest corners of her psyche. Every day, she must contend with the oni's cravings for cruelty, laziness, and hedonism. She found that art helped her vent her frustrations and calm her spirit, to the point where it's almost second nature to ignore her unwanted resident's temptations.

However, when trouble emerged with the usual goblin troubles that plague Varisia, Yulai found that her oni passenger had a use after all. She could channel its cruelty and contempt, forcing its path like a rabid wolf on a catchpole. Now, her relationship with the oni is more complicated, as it has found that their souls are now bound - if Yulai perishes, the oni will be dragged into Pharasma's judgement with her. The oni is now her sensei. The medium of her art is no longer merely paint, but also blood and suffering. At the same time, Yulai remains steadfast in refusing to let the oni dictate her actions, knowing that if it gains a foothold, it will not hesitate to overwhelm her and accomplish the goal of turning her into a nogitsune. In order to give her insights into managing her condition - and having people ready to remove her head if she falters - she signed up with the Pathfinder Society, and was given a seemingly simple task of finding a missing pathfinder agent.

Seemingly being the operative word here.

Edited by Lex Samreeth (see edit history)

Yulai Dojitsu

spacer.png"This is how I speak"

Any actions I take are described like this

Any thoughts I am thinking to myself or to the oni would look like this

Any thoughts the oni is thinking to me would look like this