"See Edit History" Glitch

Butchern

Not a big issue. Mostly just an FYI . . .

I accidentally edited a player's post instead of my own (I know, stupid; I had multiple tabs open and I am easily confused). I wanted to be sure I had restored it back to its original form, so I clicked "see edit history" and got a message that said: "There is no edit history to show, or this comment was edited by a moderator."

I'm not sure under what circumstances the forum would show you the "see edit history" button (which only appears when you edit a post AFAIK) and there would be no edit history, but in this case, I know there is an edit history because I made the edit. Not sure what is going on there. Here is the post:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/6573-ooc-and-character-creation-questions/page/11/#comment-125113

edit_history.jpg

Edited by Butchern (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Yup. The challenge appears to be that all my testing was done with an edit log full of changes made by one person and being reverted by that same person, while this particular post now has changes made by multiple people and being reverted by someone without full mod permissions. Should be relatively easy to fix.

• 5 weeks later...