Game Brainstorm/OOC

SMARTAgentKC

I'm fond as well! Just trying to be inclusive...I think if you look at the major settings, they have room for many cultures, just like the real world. Faerun for example has traditional medieval fantasy, the arabian nights in Zakharra, and Asia over in Kara-tur, even some Indiana Jones savage jungles in Chult!

Since we are going with a heist (tomb raiding?) type, of thing, why don't we take a queue from Indiana Jones and make it a globe-trotting type of game, bouncing to and fro to various exotic locales. This is one of the reasons I LOVE Eberron, especially with the Lightning Rail, and Airships, but there's no reason not to cherry pick those elements into a bespoke setting. Such a "pulp" setting would allow for a very nice juxtaposition of a "drifter from the far west" teaming up with a "genie from the sands", and many other archetypes, and also incorporate the magicpunk/clockwork stuff...

How about it...go full on fantasy Pulp style DnD?

I think that would nail all of the above!

9 hours ago, Guardian Angel Haruki said:

Let's go for it! Fantasy Pulp style sounds fun.

I already started on creating my Street Rat/Street Cat Thief from the Desert Sands.

What say you @SMARTAgentKC? I apologize if I/we have thrown you for a loop, though tossing stuff out is sort of the definition of brainstorming.

That said, YOU have to be excited about the prospect as well...how do you feel about a pulp style of game? Think Indiana Jones, The Mummy, The Shadow, even King Kong/Skull Island would fall under this genre.

O_O

...I rolled randomly for where my character would have been born, and I got "On an Inner Plane of your choice".

...What are the odds?! No wait, it's right there on the table. 99! So literally, 1/100'th chance!

EDIT: I love it when dice rolls line up nicely.

EDIT 2: @Thistledown Out of curiosity, I don't suppose you have a name decided for your warlock's patron Dao already chosen?

Edited by Guardian Angel Haruki (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Just popping in to say I'm still here. Just had a buttload of work the last two weeks and in the middle of a heatwave last week was completely wiped by the end of my workday.

Ideas have been mulling in my mind, which is usually how my creative process goes...things have to rattle around a bit in the brain before they fly out my fingers...

• 2 weeks later...

"Work Work Work, Busy Busy Busy, Left Right Left Right, you ain't here to have fun" Castle in the Sky, English Dub

As someone who loves this quote and mutters it to himself when doing a bunch of chores on his days off. I completely feel you all. As long as you all want to keep the simulation active you are welcome to. (although do keep me posted if something really comes up that forces a withdraw or shutdown)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...