Int 10

Wis 14

Cha 8

Race Half Orc

Racial Traits Darkvision 60'

Alternate Racial Traits

Sacred Tattoo (replaces orc ferocity)

Advanced Race Guide p.52, Advanced Player Guide p.19

Unflinching Valor (replaces intimidating)

Heroes from the Fringe p.26, Bastards of Golartion p.13

Fey Thoughts (replaces weapon familiarity)

Heroes of the Wild p.5

Gender Female

Age 18

Height 6'2"

Weight 190 lbs

Class Cleric (no archetype)

Anathema: Kill or abuse a house cat, abandon a child, choose to marry.

Favored Class: Cleric

Bonus: +1 Skill Point

Traits Equipment Heirloom Weapon Horsechopper , Campaign Ex-Asmodean , Faith Trait Fate's Favored

Drawback Entomophobe

Skill Ranks

Perception [1 rank], Stealth [1 rank], Sense Motive [1 rank]

Background Skills Skill Ranks Linguistics, Craft Armor

Feats 1st Combat Reflexes, Bonus Advancement Gray Maiden Initiate  

Bonus Languages 0 + Fiendish (linguistics)

Hit Points Max (d8) + Con Mod (1) + Grey Maiden (2) =11

Starting Wealth 4d6x10 (16) = 160gp

Equipment

Weapons

Horsechopper Polearm 2 handed (weapon corded) 10gp 12lbs

Morning Star 8gp 6lbs

Javelins (2) 4lbs 2gp

Armour

Leather Lamellar

Ultimate Equipment p.9, Ultimate Combat p.128

Armored Kilt 20gp 10lbs

Adventurer's Armory pg.18, Pathfinder campaign Setting pg.211

Heavy Wooden Shield 7gp 10lbs

Attire

Explorer's Outfit

Other

Backpack

Waterskin

Rope

Ma,

This letter finds me tongue out, since as you know school stuff was never my forte, putting quill to parchment in Kintargo. Kintargo, the city you were exiled from before my birth. Punch out a Hellknight and put a 'slip' on a ship heading to Absalom? I'm just surprised they didn't kill you out of hand. Ah, I remember now. They wanted to, but you went on the same ship with said slip. Anyway, no-one here knows me. How would they? You left before my sister and I bawled our first bawl in Old Osirion, where we were raised in the faith of Bastet. Before, merc brats that we were, you moved us to Korvosa.

Life's funny, isn't it? You get tried in absentia, yes I know what in absentia means. I can read a book just about, by the Temple of Asmodeus.. We bounce around different places.. Osirion, Absalom and then Korvosa, where Sis and me rebel against you and your hatred for all things Chelaxian, by joining the Order of the Nail. There, we're seduced by the wiles of the Asmodeans to turn our backs on Bastet. In for a penny, in for a pound I suppose. Then, of course the Nails find out you're our ma and toss us, my sister and me, out on our collective arses.

After hurling some imprecations back over our shoulders, don't you just love that word.. imprecations, we join the Maidens, only to find out, too late, that our liege is much more evil than the Hellknights. Meg, that would be the daughter you always liked more, even though you said you had no favorites, gets murdered by Sarka, our Sergeant, for switching sides during the fight against the ones who go on to butcher the Queen. Good riddance Queen! I miss you every day Meg.

Much chastened, since you were right all along and it took me the loss of my sister to see it. I return to you and to Bastet, whose symbol the priest of the Queen killing mercs wore. Was that her penance? Mine?

I then set sail for Kintargo, where it is rumored the Erinyes Company landed, looking to find and kill Sarka for what she had done. Indeed, I mean to kill Sarka, and any of her ilk of unrepentant maidens who cross my path.

So here I am, on my own, right back where you started. The Gods must be laughing their asses off. I think it's kinda funny even though I am clearly the butt of the joke. You got to laugh, right?

Ma, something you should know, it's starting to look like the same kind of shitfiggery that kicked off in Korvosa is about to kick off here now. I'm seeing brute squads in the streets, lots of fearful looking folk with tight lips and insane proclamations pasted to walls. I guess I just have to ask; do evil bastards the world over have some kind of universal foul playbook they pass around?

Here's hoping I get to fight on the right side of what's going down, you know, for Meg and, you know, just for a change. Maybe Bastet set me on this course, to right what I got wrong before. Here's hoping, fingers crossed, that I don't lose anyone else along the way. If Bastet is with me, then Sarka will be on the other side, I'll see her on the field and then send you her head in a basket. Anyway, thanks to my time in the Hellknights, short though it was, I know how the other side fights and exactly where to hurt them. I look forward to doing just that.

There's good people here whose skulls need defending from the kind of skull cracking I used to hand out in the Queen's name, Bastet forgive me.

It does my heart good to know that your job mending armor for the Scarlet Rose puts you beyond the reach of the Hellknights in Korvosa. I know I messed up Ma, but I'll try to make you proud of me now that I've had my eyes opened. Anyway, Bastet be praised, keep an eye open for a head in a basket.

Love,

Your daughter, Peg

OOC: Peg's sister was not in fact murdered. She goes by the name of Moll, a Cleric of Asmodeus, currently in Longacre, Cheliax.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

With this app.. I went for the whole grey maiden from Korvosa when they move to Cheliax idea. Just taken with the almost Sergio Leone betrayal story, of someone high minded unknowingly fighting to defend an Evil ruler, which is the Korvosa AP Curse of the Crimson Throne. So, for this character it's an atonement arc with survivor guilt thrown in. She thinks her twin sister, another Grey Maiden, died in the fight in Korvosa. The sister did not die, but this character does not know that. Also the twin sister is an unredeemed grey maiden, the opposite of this character. I like the Jean de Florette notion of a vital piece of information missing that turns everything into a Greek tragedy. This character fighting to uphold the memory of her dead sister, who in actuality is not just not dead, but would be fighting on the opposite side, just tickles.

The Hell's Vengeance APP is this character with the soft edges and redeeming features removed. Bastet is a sensuous Goddess, the only one who combines trickery (domain 1) to protect (domain 2) the ones she loves. Hoping to play her as tricky, the kind of steal fire from the Gods type (a rebel) and not one to think in straight lines when an indirect route is possible.

Show/Hide Posting Template

spacer.pngPeg the Pike

Insert post here

spacer.png Statistics Block

Peg the Pike

Female Lawful Neutral Half Orc Cleric of Bastet,

Level 1 Init 2, HP 11/11 Speed 20

AC 17 Touch 12 Flat-footed 15, CMD 16 CMB +4, BAB 0

Fort 6 Ref 5 Will 7  

Horsecatcher +4 (1d10+6, x3) Reach, Trip, Weaponcord
Morning Star +4 (1d8+4, x2)
Javelins (2) +2 (1d6+4, x2)

Leather Lamellar & Armored Kilt (+5 Armor, +2 Dex)

Str 18 Dex 14 Con 12 Int 10 Wis 14 Cha 8

Channel Positive Energy 2/2 day 30' radius, DC10 Will Save, 1d6

Copycat 7/7 day Cleric Level Duration (1rnd) Single Mirror Image

Traits Faith's Favored (Faith), Heirloom Weapon Horsecatcher (Equipment), Ex-Asmodean (Campaign)

Drawback Entomophobe

Feats Combat Reflexes, Grey Maiden Initiate

Skills Perception +6 Sense Motive +6 Stealth +2 Craft Armor +4 Linguistics (Fiendish) +1

Languages Common, Orcish, Infernal (linguistics)

Condition None

spacer.png Actions

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

Peg went back to basics after slipping from the path. Bastet is a Goddess that provides protection from evil, as well as a path to sensuality, something that, for Peg, took a hit under the defeminizing influence of Korvosa's Queen.

She was inducted into the faith by a priestess of Bastet, in actuality, the Osirion Ambassador to Magnimar, Haspetet, whom she was directed to by Osirion's Ambassador to Korvosa. Haspetet, is in Magnimar trying to uncover the secret of the ancient artifact there, and being Osirion was chosen to be ambassador because there was no-one else on the west coast who was suitable.

She knows she needs to keep her faith a secret, but Bastet is a trickster Goddess, subtle and hard to pin down. So, it's not just the spiritual hearth of her family, but also her path back to her own identity, while being suitable for her needs.