Killian Evanero, Prince of the Fallen Leaves

Boogie Woogie Wookiee

5 minutes ago, Arklytte said:

Also, there seems to be a formatting issue with your first post. Everything after "The seductive scent of roasted meats, baked bread, and—is that pipeweed?" seems to be bleeding into the block of text below it. I'm assuming it has something to do with how the site is formatting the text, as well as the background, and I'm not entirely sure how to fix it.

Then again, it could be a Me problem as well, and how my browser is seeing it. I'm using Firefox, which might be the issue, if you're not seeing it. Let me know, and if there's an issue we'll have to see if we can figure out a workaround.

Interesting, I'll take a look at it in Firefox later. The half-baked HTML and CSS we have access to on this site is... a challenge... to work with.

::insert Spongebob "Five Minutes Later" meme here:: I wasn't able to reproduce it in either Firefox or Edge. Not sure what's going on there.

Edited by Boogie Woogie Wookiee (see edit history)

That was very...diplomatic. 😁

I was FAR less so about my various opinions when they first started talking about the new site. They SAID they were interested in feedback, and were taking it to heart. After several months of testing, and a couple months of being live...yeah...not so much with the 'listening to user opinions' (other than the ones that are full of copious amounts of praise, of course).

But hey, I'm just a simple geek (with a pretty fair amount of coding experience)...what do I know?

Do I sound bitter? Yeah, I probably sound bitter. 😝😁

XD

Out of curiosity, are there two really large empty spaces above and below the quote? If so, there's two images not showing up and because you can't control the height of an image, it defaults to a full block of equal height and weight. Hence pushing the rest down. I don't know why the images would be broken though, they're all coming form the same site...

As an aside, I listed the questions that still need answering in the previous post. I think it pushed over to Page 2 with my second reply above.

Figured it'd be easier to just show you, so here's a screenie.

Screenshot

image.png.8e9dc6747800722fc64ff5a9536bd1fc.png

For reference, fully updated FF (v118.0.2). I normally have it override native fonts, when it can, because eyestrain is yet another fun prize in the cracker jack box of 'getting older' 😝, but I reverted it to default and still got the issue.

I might end up kicking this over to the admin folks, just to see if they have an idea/solution, because, like I said, I really like the format of the app, and want to play with it as an option for my own characters/NPC's going forward, but if it's going to be all hinky in my browser, that's not going to work well.

Edited by Arklytte (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Boogie Woogie Wookiee said:

1.) I'm assuming Insightful Strike (formerly Smite Evil) can be used against any old opponent under your house rules? You know, as long as it doesn't violate his code, obviously. If so, does it continue to deal double damage to outsiders, dragons, and undead regardless of (a lack of) alignment?

We'll just change 'Evil' to 'Enemy', and if the opponent identifies as an enemy (regardless of type), you can Smite them, if you choose. Note that you wont be able to Smite them if they're not an active enemy (so, obviously anyone who's not trying to actively hurt you, even if you're attacking them. If their only thought is to flee, with no thought of harming you, then they wouldn't actually be an Enemy AFA this ability (and Detect Evil, see below) are concerned.

Additionally, things without a conscious mind (constructs, for example), may or may not count as Enemies, depending on whether they're self willed or not. Same with Undead. I've never been a big believer in the whole 'all Undead are Evil thing. It's another artifact of the Alignment system that I hate, and another reason why I dont use it. Self aware undead, sure, they can be evil, but a skeleton, which it basically just a puppet, doesn't have enough awareness to have any moral thoughts, and isn't inherently 'evil' IMO.

Anyway, does that work?

2.) Does Focusing Grasp (same link as above) override the number of times he can use Insightful Strike per day, with the new limit being the number of Lay on Hands attempts he gets? The wording is a little confusing as it implies that Insightful Strike relies entirely on expending your martial focus now instead of having to rely on a resource counter.

No. Focusing Grasp is specifically for regaining your Martial Focus. Martial Focus(MF) allows you to use many Spheres of Might abilities and feats, as well as certain class features. Gain it at the start of the day automatically, and retain it til you expend it. For some abilities, you need to simply have MF active, but for others, such as Insightful Strike, you need to expend it. It is then gone, and you can only regain it by resting one full minute, spending a full round taking the Total Defense Action, or by using a class ability/feat/talent to regain it faster.

So Focusing Grasp lets you 'spend' a Lay On Hands use to regain your MF as a simple Move Action (while also healing you, as normal).

Does that make sense?

3.) What should we do about his Aura of Good class feature? As far as I can tell it only comes into play when detecting alignments (which is null and void) for the most part, but there's a chance to stun "overwhelming evil" for 1 round when coming into contact with it, like with evil outsiders and junk, at least according to the Detect Evil spell. Vice versa applies as well, of course. Regardless, it's pretty damn niche anyway.

We'll do like Insightful Strike, and change that to 'Detect Enemy', with everything else being the same. It'll let you know if an entity is actively hostile towards you, or not. It wont give you insight into their motivations, and it wont necessarily tell you if it's you, specifically, that they think of an an enemy (they could just be attacking everyone, there could be a misunderstanding (ie they think YOU are the bad guy), could be crazed, berserk, or just a plain old psychotic asshole 😈), but it will immediately let you know if they're actively hostile towards you/your party/anyone you're protecting. It will also do the whole aura thing, if you continue to Detect for multiple rounds, which will let you gain additional insight into the nature of said enemy and the why of them being your enemy. Rather than come up with some additional, complicated house rules, I'll just adjudicate it on an as needed basis.

Same caveats as Insightful Strike would apply here as well.

Works?

4.) Regarding's Killian's Code of Conduct as a paladin, I was planning on basing it on his deity rather than on the traditional paladin values, but still of a moral high ground (mostly). Examples of what I'm thinking include "stealing is acceptable as long as it is not for personal gain," "vandals of art or architecture shall not be abided," "protect art and artists at any cost," "defend the elven way of life," "inspire others," "protect the homes of those who cannot protect them themselves," and things along those lines. Given that she herself has befriended a succubus-turned-goddess, things like "working with evil shall not be tolerated" and whatnot doesn't seem important to her, so including something like "tolerate those who do evil, but only as long as they do not violate your code" or something like that would fit well (and make him much less "Awful Good" which can often by all but unplayable, especially given some of the other applications I've glanced at). Would that be an acceptable route to take, or would you prefer more traditional paladiny-ness in it?

I MUCH prefer personalized Codes of Honour/Conduct to 'I'm a generic Lawful Goodytwoshoes Paladin'. I mean, if that's what someone want to play, more power to 'em...those kinds of moral absolutists can be fun to play, if the player is willing to fully commit, but that mold doesn't fit every person/character/situation. So, yeah, I'm definitely in favor of Killian's Code being HIS Code, and not a generic one.

You might even consider taking the Oath of Honour. I mean, if you're going to be living it anyway, you might as well get some bennies out of it while you're at it. 😁

On 10/11/2023 at 12:16 AM, Arklytte said:

Figured it'd be easier to just show you, so here's a screenie.

Screenshot

image.png.8e9dc6747800722fc64ff5a9536bd1fc.png

Ah, there's some font-size f*ckery going on. That's easy to fix, thanks for letting me know! I'll get to it later today.

::Five Minutes Later:: Is that better? I was forcing in some carriage returns so that the paragraphs looked a bit nicer, so I just took them out. Worse case scenario now is that the slight differences in fonts on different systems might result in an extra line or two, but pushing out of the container should be minimal if at all.

I really should have tested it out with different themes, too. I tried using a semi-transparent background color, thinking it would be opaque enough to overcome the differences between them, but it looks a little too dark with the one you chose.

On 10/11/2023 at 12:53 AM, Arklytte said:

We'll just change 'Evil' to 'Enemy', and if the opponent identifies as an enemy (regardless of type), you can Smite them, if you choose. Note that you wont be able to Smite them if they're not an active enemy (so, obviously anyone who's not trying to actively hurt you, even if you're attacking them. If their only thought is to flee, with no thought of harming you, then they wouldn't actually be an Enemy AFA this ability (and Detect Evil, see below) are concerned.

Additionally, things without a conscious mind (constructs, for example), may or may not count as Enemies, depending on whether they're self willed or not. Same with Undead. I've never been a big believer in the whole 'all Undead are Evil thing. It's another artifact of the Alignment system that I hate, and another reason why I dont use it. Self aware undead, sure, they can be evil, but a skeleton, which it basically just a puppet, doesn't have enough awareness to have any moral thoughts, and isn't inherently 'evil' IMO.

Anyway, does that work?

Works perfectly for me, thank you. I appreciate the mindless clause in particular.

No. Focusing Grasp is specifically for regaining your Martial Focus. Martial Focus(MF) allows you to use many Spheres of Might abilities and feats, as well as certain class features. Gain it at the start of the day automatically, and retain it til you expend it. For some abilities, you need to simply have MF active, but for others, such as Insightful Strike, you need to expend it. It is then gone, and you can only regain it by resting one full minute, spending a full round taking the Total Defense Action, or by using a class ability/feat/talent to regain it faster.

So Focusing Grasp lets you 'spend' a Lay On Hands use to regain your MF as a simple Move Action (while also healing you, as normal).

Does that make sense?

It was more the interaction with Insightful Strike that had me confused. It seemed like they had shifted the X/day limiter from Smite Evil to the X/day limiter for Lay on Hands courtesy of Focusing Grasp. It's probably just a weird hiccup in my brain.

We'll do like Insightful Strike, and change that to 'Detect Enemy', with everything else being the same. It'll let you know if an entity is actively hostile towards you, or not. It wont give you insight into their motivations, and it wont necessarily tell you if it's you, specifically, that they think of an an enemy (they could just be attacking everyone, there could be a misunderstanding (ie they think YOU are the bad guy), could be crazed, berserk, or just a plain old psychotic asshole 😈), but it will immediately let you know if they're actively hostile towards you/your party/anyone you're protecting. It will also do the whole aura thing, if you continue to Detect for multiple rounds, which will let you gain additional insight into the nature of said enemy and the why of them being your enemy. Rather than come up with some additional, complicated house rules, I'll just adjudicate it on an as needed basis.

Same caveats as Insightful Strike would apply here as well.

Works?

Perfect-o.

I MUCH prefer personalized Codes of Honour/Conduct to 'I'm a generic Lawful Goodytwoshoes Paladin'. I mean, if that's what someone want to play, more power to 'em...those kinds of moral absolutists can be fun to play, if the player is willing to fully commit, but that mold doesn't fit every person/character/situation. So, yeah, I'm definitely in favor of Killian's Code being HIS Code, and not a generic one.

You might even consider taking the Oath of Honour. I mean, if you're going to be living it anyway, you might as well get some bennies out of it while you're at it. 😁

Okay, groovy. I'll get to work on writing that up. As for the Oath of Honour, I already have an Oath of Loyalty to his goddess which is, for all intents and purposes, the same thing just with slightly different minutiae. If anything, Loyalty gives you more leeway to add drama to situations as there's no hardboiled rules that need to be taken into account (ie, Honor Scores). :) But thanks for the suggestion! That said, if it was more of a "suggestion" than a simple suggestion as you prefer the honor score path, I'll gladly switch. 🤣 You know what, screw it, I'm going to assume it was a "suggestion" and make the change, hahaha.

22 hours ago, Boogie Woogie Wookiee said:

Ah, there's some font-size f*ckery going on. That's easy to fix, thanks for letting me know! I'll get to it later today.

::Five Minutes Later:: Is that better? I was forcing in some carriage returns so that the paragraphs looked a bit nicer, so I just took them out. Worse case scenario now is that the slight differences in fonts on different systems might result in an extra line or two, but pushing out of the container should be minimal if at all.

I really should have tested it out with different themes, too. I tried using a semi-transparent background color, thinking it would be opaque enough to overcome the differences between them, but it looks a little too dark with the one you chose.

Ironically, it wasn't the font size that was being f*cky, it was the height of the background. On a hunch, I quoted the post, went into the source, and increased the height from 480px to 720px, popped back into the post, and VOILA, all was good. The background was actually a bit too large at that point...600ish would probably have done the trick, I was just going for proof of concept. 😁

The line of code that was the issue

<div style="clear:both;width:1000px;height:720px;padding:7px 10px;margin-top:5px;background:rgba(232,232,232,0.8);border:2px solid rgba(64,24,0,0.25);border-radius:50px 100px;text-align:center;">

PS: I'll respond to the rest a bit later. Got to head out soon. I only got on because I had the above idea and just had to try it immediately. 😁

Doing that would mess it up for other people (like myself). Honestly I just need to find the right display to use with it so that it actually respects its contents instead of doing whatever it wants. 😡

I do appreciate the idea though! Will toy with it some! Because the gods know I need something else to procrastinate with instead of writing his fluff. 😑

Edit: Oh, right right right, now I remember why I had to do that. Their stupid whitelist scrubs all displays from their divs for whatever nonsensical reason. Totally fine to use with a span for some reason, but god forbid you want to use it with a div instead. 😆

Hmm, I wonder what happens if I just brutally misuse a span then or even just a table to get the alignment just right, hrm... 🤔

Also, dang it, you have me using too many emojis now. 🤬

Oh yeah, both of those solutions worked, but tables are less annoying so I'll be going with that. It should look a lot better now.

19 hours ago, Boogie Woogie Wookiee said:

Edit: Oh, right right right, now I remember why I had to do that. Their stupid whitelist scrubs all displays from their divs for whatever nonsensical reason. Totally fine to use with a span for some reason, but god forbid you want to use it with a div instead. 😆

But you're not bitter or anything, amirite? 😁🤪

19 hours ago, Boogie Woogie Wookiee said:

Oh yeah, both of those solutions worked, but tables are less annoying so I'll be going with that. It should look a lot better now.

Also, yes, whatever fix you did, it now looks perfect. I appreciate you making the effort, because it was driving me bonkers. 😝

I don't know what you mean about being bitter. 🙊 Though "frustrated" might be a better descriptor. 😆

And yes, if I knew the code was acting up that way it would have driven me bonkers as well. On the plus side, learning about it also forced me to come up with a solution for a similar problem that (could have) occurred on the actual sheet, so it was nice being able to fix both. My next iteration of the sheet should be a lot more clean, too.

Anywho, I've mostly finished both his fluff and mechanics pending any changes you wish to be made. I'll probably continue to tweak things a little, fix typos and grammatical mistakes, and things like that. But he's definitely ready for review.

That said, there are still have a few questions pending that slipped through the cracks. I'll try to be succinct with them, though that's not really a strong suit for me. 🤣

1.) I took the liberty of assuming that it would be okay to give my character two subtypes instead of two types for his Origin. Humanoid (Elf, Orc) just seemed to make far more sense than, say, Humanoid (Elf)/Monstrous Humanoid or whatever. Was that all right? I can't imagine it not being okay, but it was worth asking since its officially a variant.

2.) Is Killian's familiar okay conceptually? I need to go back and double check his stats, but I'm more concerned about the actual idea of it and if it jibes with how you see familiars. He's a far cry from a combat machine; at best he's a RP tool and a source of invisibility. His little pop up can be found here: PerianwyrimcMtmH.jpg Perianwyr
CG Diminutive Dragon and Magical Beast (Familiar)

Peri is a fragment of Killian's ego made manifest; a sort of Jiminy Cricket to his Pinnochio. The faerie dragon wyrmling, the form in which his imagination took shape, possesses a large amount of his master's childhood innocence and curiosity. He's more apt to hide in the face of danger than to throw fists, preferring to disappear and—if he can get away with it—taking Killian with him.

While no one else can understand him due to the nature of his being, it doesn't take long for Killian's associates to discover that Perianwyr has a love for sweets, and a particular hunger for berries—strawberries most specifically. Offer him one and he'll do just about anything you ask him to short of bringing harm to his beloved Killian and anyone he calls friend.

Peri spends most of his time either perched on Killian's shoulder or curled away in one of his master's vest pockets taking a nap on his miniature hoard (a whopping 5gp in silver and copper, and whatever pretty things he finds).

Init +4, Senses Scent, Perception +9

AC 20 (Touch 20, Flat-Footed 14) (Dex +6, Size +4)
HP 20
Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +9
Immune None; Bonuses +4 vs. Fear (Aura of Courage), +2 vs. Paralysis, Petrification, Polymorph; SR

Speed 10ft, fly 60 ft. (perfect), swim 50 ft.
Melee None
Space 1 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
Special Attacks None
Special Abilities Alertness, Empathic Link, Familiar Bonus (Stealth), Improved Evasion, Speak With Master; Convenient Appendage (Mouth), Estivation, Freeze
Spherecasting CAM Wis, CL 5th, Spell Pool 6, Somatic Casting I
Magic Spheres Illusion (Illusory Odor, Illusory Sound, Suppression; Disappearance, Obscura Mage)

Str 3, Dex 22, Con 8, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 10
Attack Bonus +7 (+5 BAB, +4 size, -2 Str), CMB -1, CMD 8 (4 flat-footed)
Feats Cantrips
Skills Acrobatics +11, Appraise +4, Artistry (Painting) +5, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5, Fly +26, Handle Animal +1, Knowledge +0, Knowledge (Engineering) +4, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Local) +4, Knowledge (Nobility) +4, Knowledge (Religion) +4, Linguistics +0, Perception +9, Perform (Dance) +5, Perform (Sing) +5, Sense Motive +9, Sleight of Hand +7, Spellcraft +0, Stealth +25, Swim +10, Use Magic Device +6
Languages Common, Draconic, Elven, Orc, Sylvan; Cannot Speak

Origins - Form (7 Auxiliary, 2 Utility) Aquatic I, Convenient Appendage (Mouth), Developed Tolerance (Paralysis, Petrification, Polymorph), Developed Wings III, Estivation, Freeze, Glider, Scent II
Form Variations Arm-Wings, Defensive Familiarity (Stealth), Vestige of the Other (Dragon), Waterhome II

3.) Here's my preliminary attempt at his code of honor. Do you see any problems with it? It's my first attempt at these rules and I was just using the established ones as a guideline and just sort of eyeballing it, lol. Code of HonorFindeladlara's Code of Honor
Convert a powerful enemy into a close friend or ally
Produce an innovative work of art (roll of 30 or higher on an Artistry check)
Reacquire and/or preserve a lost work of elven art
Protect an elven artist in need
Protect an artist of any other race in need
Defeat a known art vandal
Offer aid and shelter to an elf in need who would otherwise be your enemy
Offer aid and shelter to an elf in need and they accept
Become the inspiration for and/or subject of someone else's work of art
Defend a hospitable household from those who would do it harm
Uphold the elven way of life in some notable fashion
Attempt to disguise or show shame towards your elven heritage even in times of peril
Excessively brag of your accomplishments or works of art
Fail to protect or aid an elf in need
Fail to protect or aid an elven artist in need
Allow a close associate of yours to break the law of hospitality
Unwillingly destroy or vandalize an elven work of art (such as when charmed)
Break the law of hospitality
Willfully and knowingly destroy or vandalize an elven work of art
+50
+25
+15
+10
+7
+5
+3
+2
+2
+1
+1
This code of honor is based on the teachings of the church of Findeladlara, the elven goddess of art. Her edicts include the creation and preservation of art and architecture, the sanctity of households, and the artistic inspiration of others.

Note also that the entries that refer to art and artists also refer to architecture and architects as appropriate.

l3pu64p.png

It should also be noted that paladins of Findeladlara are more morally ambiguous than others. While cold-blooded murder and other crimes of that ilk are as abhorant to them as anyone, her champions are willing to bend the rules if the cause is just. For example, stealing for a noble goal is perfectly acceptable to them, and even aiding known villains and criminals in the pursuit of the greater good or to convert them to the light is not only fine by them, but something that they eagerly pursue to mirror their goddess's conversion of the succubus Nocticula. Not surprisingly, her followers share a close bond with those of the Redeemer Queen.
. Also, I couldn't think of a cool name for it, so I'm just leaving it as is for now. If you have any ideas in that regard, too, that would be grand.

4.) Just to make sure I understood correctly, Insightful Strike doesn't have a limiter other than having martial focus to expend?

11 hours ago, Boogie Woogie Wookiee said:

I don't know what you mean about being bitter. 🙊 Though "frustrated" might be a better descriptor. 😆

Yep, frustrated. That's definitely ONE of the emotions I feel when I'm putzing around on this 'new & improved' site. 🤪

And yes, if I knew the code was acting up that way it would have driven me bonkers as well. On the plus side, learning about it also forced me to come up with a solution for a similar problem that (could have) occurred on the actual sheet, so it was nice being able to fix both. My next iteration of the sheet should be a lot more clean, too.

Cool! Please, keep me in the loop. Because, seriously, I love how you put the sheet together, and I definitely plan to swipe it. I only steal from the best, after all. 😁

Anywho, I've mostly finished both his fluff and mechanics pending any changes you wish to be made. I'll probably continue to tweak things a little, fix typos and grammatical mistakes, and things like that. But he's definitely ready for review.

Once I pick a team, we'll collectively go over mechanics a bit more in depth. I have a form I'll have everyone fill out that lists some different mechanics for your individual characters, which will allow me to see where everyone is at, mechanically speaking, and how you match up to one another. It helps me balance encounters, and also provides a handy reference sheet.

That said, there are still have a few questions pending that slipped through the cracks. I'll try to be succinct with them, though that's not really a strong suit for me. 🤣

Apologies...I let a few things slip through the cracks, and that was one of them.😬

1.) I took the liberty of assuming that it would be okay to give my character two subtypes instead of two types for his Origin. Humanoid (Elf, Orc) just seemed to make far more sense than, say, Humanoid (Elf)/Monstrous Humanoid or whatever. Was that all right? I can't imagine it not being okay, but it was worth asking since its officially a variant.

Totally fine. Especially since I gave everyone such free rein on their race/Origin. And given his backstory, it all fits together nicely.

2.) Is Killian's familiar okay conceptually? I need to go back and double check his stats, but I'm more concerned about the actual idea of it and if it jibes with how you see familiars. He's a far cry from a combat machine; at best he's a RP tool and a source of invisibility. His little pop up can be found here: PerianwyrimcMtmH.jpg Perianwyr
CG Diminutive Dragon and Magical Beast (Familiar)

Peri is a fragment of Killian's ego made manifest; a sort of Jiminy Cricket to his Pinnochio. The faerie dragon wyrmling, the form in which his imagination took shape, possesses a large amount of his master's childhood innocence and curiosity. He's more apt to hide in the face of danger than to throw fists, preferring to disappear and—if he can get away with it—taking Killian with him.

While no one else can understand him due to the nature of his being, it doesn't take long for Killian's associates to discover that Perianwyr has a love for sweets, and a particular hunger for berries—strawberries most specifically. Offer him one and he'll do just about anything you ask him to short of bringing harm to his beloved Killian and anyone he calls friend.

Peri spends most of his time either perched on Killian's shoulder or curled away in one of his master's vest pockets taking a nap on his miniature hoard (a whopping 5gp in silver and copper, and whatever pretty things he finds).

Init +4, Senses Scent, Perception +9

AC 20 (Touch 20, Flat-Footed 14) (Dex +6, Size +4)
HP 20
Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +9
Immune None; Bonuses +4 vs. Fear (Aura of Courage), +2 vs. Paralysis, Petrification, Polymorph; SR

Speed 10ft, fly 60 ft. (perfect), swim 50 ft.
Melee None
Space 1 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
Special Attacks None
Special Abilities Alertness, Empathic Link, Familiar Bonus (Stealth), Improved Evasion, Speak With Master; Convenient Appendage (Mouth), Estivation, Freeze
Spherecasting CAM Wis, CL 5th, Spell Pool 6, Somatic Casting I
Magic Spheres Illusion (Illusory Odor, Illusory Sound, Suppression; Disappearance, Obscura Mage)

Str 3, Dex 22, Con 8, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 10
Attack Bonus +7 (+5 BAB, +4 size, -2 Str), CMB -1, CMD 8 (4 flat-footed)
Feats Cantrips
Skills Acrobatics +11, Appraise +4, Artistry (Painting) +5, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5, Fly +26, Handle Animal +1, Knowledge +0, Knowledge (Engineering) +4, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Local) +4, Knowledge (Nobility) +4, Knowledge (Religion) +4, Linguistics +0, Perception +9, Perform (Dance) +5, Perform (Sing) +5, Sense Motive +9, Sleight of Hand +7, Spellcraft +0, Stealth +25, Swim +10, Use Magic Device +6
Languages Common, Draconic, Elven, Orc, Sylvan; Cannot Speak

Origins - Form (7 Auxiliary, 2 Utility) Aquatic I, Convenient Appendage (Mouth), Developed Tolerance (Paralysis, Petrification, Polymorph), Developed Wings III, Estivation, Freeze, Glider, Scent II
Form Variations Arm-Wings, Defensive Familiarity (Stealth), Vestige of the Other (Dragon), Waterhome II

Heh, cute!! At a (VERY brief) glance, his mechanics look fine. And conceptually/fluffily, I like it. My only real concern when it comes to familiars is that people dont treat them like walking (flying/swimming/whatevering) mechanical bonuses. Sure, they do give bonuses, and can do fun/useful mechanical things, but they should also BE CHARACTERS. I cant stand 'backpack/pocket familiars' that dont do anything in the game, and just sit in the character's pocket, granting a bonus, and literally doing nothing else interesting. It looks like you've got a cool backstory for him, and lots of hooks/opportunities for RPing, which is just about all I could ask for.

3.) Here's my preliminary attempt at his code of honor. Do you see any problems with it? It's my first attempt at these rules and I was just using the established ones as a guideline and just sort of eyeballing it, lol. Code of Honor. Also, I couldn't think of a cool name for it, so I'm just leaving it as is for now. If you have any ideas in that regard, too, that would be grand.

Looks good at a quick glance. If needs be, we can dive more in depth going forward. But on the whole, it looks like a good foundation, and any potentially necessary tweaks shouldn't be too tough to do.

4.) Just to make sure I understood correctly, Insightful Strike doesn't have a limiter other than having martial focus to expend?

AFA I can tell, that sounds correct. It replaces Detect Evil, which is basically limitless for a Pally. Requiring Martial Focus requires you to invest resources if you want it to be a more than once/combat trick, which seems imminently reasonable to me.

Ah ha, I figured out the real culprit of the original problem. It was a font issue; not all platforms have Tahoma installed, which is the default font used on this site. I'm guessing you were using an Apple product when you saw the earlier weirdness? I just got my hands on one courtesy of my daughter and noticed it.

Here's a bit of proof.

Both of these lines should look identical.

If they don't, then your side doesn't have Tahoma.

I can fix it in my next iteration by just forcing a more standard web font, but for now there isn't much I can do other than make lines shorter than they need to be. Well, I mean, I could go through and change the fonts now, but it'd be a ton of work and I don't have the heart for it, lol. That said, I did shorten a few things up, so the character sheet itself should be looking a bit better now. It will still run off the screen on some browers (mostly tablets and phones), but that's something else that can't easily be fixed until my next attempt at building the sheet.

The issue with his statblock is due to the different widths used by PCs/tablets/phones, so not much I can do there even after forcing a specific font. Unlike the sheet, I can't (well I can, but I won't) force a specific width, so I'll just have to endure the slight ugliness due to the word wrapping. <dramatically places the back of his hand against his forehead>

Stupid mobile-friendliness. 😡

10 hours ago, Boogie Woogie Wookiee said:

I'm guessing you were using an Apple product

God no! Do I sound like one of those pretentious, hipster types? 😝

Nah, using Windows 10 on a regular old Acer laptop. Honestly, it's probably just some Firefox weirdness...it's been getting squirrellier and squirrelier since about Rev 100.

10 hours ago, Boogie Woogie Wookiee said:

Nope, they're different. I checked, and I *DO* have Tahoma installed, but I've also got FF set to default to TNR...it's easier for me to read...old eyes and all. 😁

Regardless, whatever you did the last time works, since I can see everything now, including the statblock, and there's no overlapping text. The scaling & word wrapping is still just a bit off, but I think that's just because the site's interface is set purposely narrow...all that 'Mobile Friendliness' they keep harping on. 😝