Liberico Urgiri - Proud Navy Veteran, Magus

Zaathun

Work in progress! Sorry for bad template implementation I'll 100% get the formatting done soon!

Liberico Urgiri - Proud Chelish Navy Veteran

image.png.4051d8ed88d107b2065f46c50610a98a.png

spacer.png Map Token

spacer.png Character Generation

Ability Scores: 20 point buy

Strength: 16 (+2 Racial) = 18

Dexterity: 12

Constitution: 14

Intelligence: 14

Wisdom: 12

Charisma: 8

Race: Half-Orc

Alternate Racial Traits: Overlooked Mastermind, Skilled (Maybe, social campaign and all?)

Height: 6'5" 

Weight: Hefty

Class: Magus (Hexcrafter/Golemfist*)

Favored Class: Magus

Traits: ???; Campaign Trait: Thrune Informant

Skill Ranks: 2 + Int mod ?= 4?

Skills Trained:  Spellcraft [1 Rank].

Background Skill Ranks: 2

Skills Trained: , Profession(Sailor)[1 Rank].

Feats: Fast Learner?, Improved Unarmed Strike, .

Bonus Languages: None.

Spells Known: Cantrips— .

Hit Points: Max (d8) + Con mod + FCB = 11

Starting Wealth: 

spacer.png Equipment

A Letter of Recommendation

AL9nZEWmWRe5ctJzP1WuUfsNCaPCDEzIjK41eiYTCBIv3Vc5azG0cYRUlNg-9ZOfKAOZ3basq3DGPr55_0U936dD5JEggYPBVbakVHjmIZAoRmS18QiS0LBLtNZFw-8GGa3m2ncmpDOMwBNLdpm6LIEtdCOc=w802-h192-no?authuser=0

From the desk of Captain Orneros Dutoxas of the Edavagor's Persistence,

My Lord Drovenge, I am writing you as an influential patron of our shipyards, and a man of magnaminity

who understands the importance of Her Infernal Majestrix' Navy's interests.

The bearer of this message goes by the name of Liberico Urgiri, and while our meeting was chance, I

had been regaled with his dedication to the Crown and Cheliax itself. While his heritage is barbarian, as

his last name suggests, his recollections are anything but. He said his ancestors were labourers that moved

to Cheliax generations ago, and he had no idea where the name is from.

My bosun ran across him as we were portside for a resupply, and he quickly came to aid us in negotiation

with the treacherous natives, and regaled the crew with his story. A survivor from Druvalia's Ambition, he'd

been shipwrecked and crippled by the foul primitives' magic as he defended the ship from boarding action.

Shipwrecked, he'd spent more than a year washing from island to island, before finally ending up where

we found him. We took him among the crew, and he more than pulled his weight, despite his arm.

Furthermore, his canny attitude and firm belief in our great nation's virtues aided the morale of our crew,

which was hindered by the uneasy weather, though I dare not repeat the words of some of the shanties

he sang - I dare not repeat them as I fear some might run across Her Infernal Majestrix's Bureau of

Historical Accuracy's ire, but upon my remark, he solemnly swore to never repeat them.

As such, I am leaving Mr. Urgiri shoreside upon our landing at Corentyn, with this message in tow. I can

vouch for his graces and obedience, and humbly request that he be granted a minimal veteran's stipend,

and documented permission to lodge at Veterans' Barracks in the Homeland. I am certain that he will strive

to prove himself a worthy subject of the Crown once again.

Ventum ab inferno,

Captain Orneros Dutoxas

spacer.png

To Cimri

AL9nZEWmWRe5ctJzP1WuUfsNCaPCDEzIjK41eiYTCBIv3Vc5azG0cYRUlNg-9ZOfKAOZ3basq3DGPr55_0U936dD5JEggYPBVbakVHjmIZAoRmS18QiS0LBLtNZFw-8GGa3m2ncmpDOMwBNLdpm6LIEtdCOc=w802-h192-no?authuser=0

Cimri.

I know you can read, so read this. You can not send things downriver without paying

taxes to the authorities.

All the authorities, even now. You know who I mean.

I covered you from my pocket this time. We're even now.

Try and be more presentable, or ask someone to leave a note for me, most veterans

are sticklers for the truth.

And by the love of Her Majestrix, find us something to do, I have bar tabs to cover,

old sea stories are not worth what they were last year.

Your Navy Friend

spacer.png

Edited by Zaathun (see edit history)

So far so good, the story is decent enough. I gather that he was some kind of naval veteran of undisclosed past. The part that I'm confused about, is why he's being dropped if he seems to have been helpful to Dutoxas' crew.

Also, love the use of naval terminology. Probably could use a small edit though, sailing ships of any significant size (by that I mean larger than a dinghy) typically have more than one boatswain.

So I gather the connection to Cimri is one of partnership through smuggling?

I'll admit - I'm not nearly as knowledgeable about ships as I'd like to be! I will be doing some more reading regarding the language. One of the boatswains makes more sense, too.

Yes, he's been sailing in the Mwangi Expanse since leaving Westcrown more than two decades ago, and he will be spinning many a tale.

Regarding the letter - he doesn't, or didn't, quite have full control over his arm, and I am assuming that the Chelish ship would've still preferred to drop him off - even if it's just for the morale benefit of saying 'see, if you get injured in service of the Hells, the Hells always pay their debts' to the rest of the sailors.

His current working relationship with Cimri would most likely be smuggling, yes - counting on the combined appearance of a somewhat respectful (and too dull looking to lie) half-orc, combined with what I read about Longacre and its big disgruntled veteran population, combined with (what I assume) is a truly labyrinthine Chelish licencing and taxation system, it's match made in, well. Hell.

I'll also try and wrap up with the mechanics in a day or two - I've never actually played a Magus, and they are deceptively non-simple.

Edited by Zaathun (see edit history)