Career: Thug
Interest: Spacer
Aptitude Template: Survivor

Social Packages
Faction: Criminal
Languages: English, Japanese
Rep: c-rep: 50, g-rep: 50

Aptitude Increases: +1 SAV, +2 COG, +1 REF
Ego Traits: Hardening (2) (Violence, Stress), Danger Sense (1), Stalwart (3), Pain Tolerance (4), Edited Memories (-1), Ego Flex (1)
Extra Skills: Guns (+20)
Extra Rep:
Psi Sleights:
Specializations: Interface (Construction Equipment)

Character
Muse Name: Warden
Muse Personality: Guardian/Protector

Character Motivations: Escape+, Survive+
Character Personality: Null is confused, lost, and barely remembers a life that now seems distant and far away. They want to reconnect to people but can’t seem to escape from a past they can’t remember. They were once a prisoner, a criminal, and it seems that forgotten life is bound to their very essence.

Skills: Free Fall 80, Interface 60, Perceive 20, Fray 50, Hardware 50 (Industrial), Know 60 (Habitat Ops), Know 30 (Black Markets), Guns 40, Melee 50, Provoke 30, Know 60 (Security Ops), Know 30 (Gambling), Hardware 40 (Electronics), Know 40 (Astronomy)

Character History:

Blood. If you were to ask Null what they remember most about their life before the awoke from cryo sleep that would be it. Blood was everywhere. It had flooded into the Prison Habitat entirely. They don’t even remember being put into cryo sleep when it happened either. If you were to ask them if they could remember beyond the Blood, the details come and go, as if nothing more than phantom sensations. Thankfully however their Muse was able to fill in most of the missing details that they were able to provide.

Null was a prisoner located within a deep space black site, hidden away within a Nebula in the edge of the Fringe long before the Fall occurred. It was here that Null was one of many faceless indentured workers for some sort of classified project. They had nothing to themselves other than an identifying number, 6432. Whatever past they may have once had was supposedly expunged from their memories. In fact, Null’s Muse has admitted that during this time they were the Station’s very own ALI that was used to keep things operating smoothly. Then the Anomaly occurred, and the Station’s ALI went offline and suffered from what it only describes as a mainframe corruption. It has posited that it was during this time Null was put into cyro sleep as the Fall occurred in the Background. Whatever had happened though had left Null as the sole survivor. After an undetermined amount of time later, Null’s Muse was able to reboot and assess the situation as best as it could. With #6432 being the only survivor and its sectors majorly corrupted, it assigned itself to Null as their caretaker until they finally awoke. During that time, it spent itself trying to recover enough of itself to send out a signal for someone, anyone to find them so it could get Null off the Station.

Finally Null awoke...with a caveat. Those that their Muse had managed to signal were able to download a copy of Null and transport them off the station, with Muse tagging along. Their original body was still in cryo sleep aboard the station, drifting in a nameless nebula on the Fringes. With memories of blood and enslavement being their only guiding points, Null named their impromptu muse their Warden and joined up with those that had pulled them out of that nightmarish station.

Edited by Serge Skunk
Updated Changes (see edit history)

This looks great!

Indenture: You have a few choices to make here; you get to choose either Fray or Melee 20 (are you better at dodging or attacking?), a type of Hardware (Groundcraft, Industrial, or Robotics) and two "Know" skills: Know 60 (Asteroid Mining, Habitat Ops, Terraforming, or related) and Know 30 (Choose Black Markets, Gambling, XP Dealers, or related).

Enforcer: I am assuming you mean enforcer instead of thug here. You get to select your "Know" skills: Know 60 (Choose Bodyguarding, Racketeering, Security Ops, or related) and Know 30 (Choose Cartel Politics, Gambling, Night Clubs, or related).

Spacer: You get to choose your type of Hardware (Choose Electronics, Industrial, or Robotics; you can either take this as a separate skill from above or combine it for a very high skill) and a "Know" skill (Choose Astronomy, Flight Crew Ops, Gas Mining, or related).

My apologies also for forgetting to modify a character creation choice when copying over from OGMW; because this is a Criminal campaign, i-rep is not available for characters; in fact, Firewall is one of your opponents in this mission.

You also will need to select a type of stress to be immune from for Hardened (Stress, Alienation, or Violence), and also a type of specialization for Interface; in other words, what type of technology does your character specialize in interfacing with? Mining or construction equipment? Deep space probes? Security bots?

Furthermore, because there is a cap of 80 for initial starting skills, you have 20 Skill points to distribute from Free Fall to another skill (as your total Free Fall is currently 100).

My last recommendation is just a note that it may be more CP-efficient to spend CP on skills rather than updating Aptitudes; raw Aptitudes are very rarely checked, and adding a point to an aptitude only adds +1 to tests made using attached skills, whereas spending 1 CP on a skill you know you'll use gets you +5 to the test, which is a much better bang for your CP.

The character background is great as well! There is a lot to work with there. Did you want to have the Egocrashers have "rescued" your character, or would you prefer some other group to have found them and your character has since floated over to the Egocrashers?

I'm very happy to hear that you like the character concept so far^^ I think I've updated the skills as listed and suggested. And yeah I think I meant enforcer but saw Thug, so I wrote that down, I made that change for sure. XD Also, I wasn't quite sure how reputation worked, so I was thinking that it would also reflect like infamy, but I've made the change all the same XD

I've chosen the extra information and changed my character point distribution as well, so I've given myself some extra hardening as well as an extra ego flex, plus some extra guns skill. However, as I was adding my skills up, I couldn't find where the extra 20 points in free fall were, since I could see it only went up to 80, however, I would like to add those points into Guns if possible.

As for how I like to imagine my character fitting in, since I myself am extremely new to the system and game as a whole, I was thinking having my character be "rescued" would be the easiest fit.

6 hours ago, Serge Skunk said:

I've chosen the extra information and changed my character point distribution as well, so I've given myself some extra hardening as well as an extra ego flex, plus some extra guns skill. However, as I was adding my skills up, I couldn't find where the extra 20 points in free fall were, since I could see it only went up to 80, however, I would like to add those points into Guns if possible.

As far as I can tell, your choices seem solid. :) I have created a character sheet as a way to gauge your character's build (no guarantees about anything, every application gets one) here. You should be able to edit it, but be careful, as some of the cells are autofilling based on formulas so make sure to adjust skills only in the "Points" column.

Regarding the extra 20 points, that comes from the fact that the cap is determined based on your Skill Points + Associated Aptitude; as your SOM is 20, 80 + 20 = 100 > 80, so you had 20 points left over. I shipped those over into Guns. Your tweaks to aptitude levels also then gave you an extra 2 points in Fray, which I also just threw into Guns, but you can throw them somewhere else if you'd like.

The one last thing to do is pick your second immunity for hardening; "stress" is a catch-all term for any sort of damage/experience to your psyche, so you have to be a bit more specific; the other two common hardening immunities are helplessness (self-explanatory) and alienation (stress due to feeling disconnected from yourself, such as weird morphs or altered memories), but the unknown is another possible immunity. Any of them would be useful for your character and this mission.

After that, your character application should be set!

I went ahead and chose alienation as I feel beyond being strangely comfortable with violence, Null wouldn't have any issues whatsoever with feeling disconnected from themselves. Given their situation, that's their base standard feeling. XD

• 2 weeks later...

Morph: Synth
Morph Type: Synthmorph
Morph Traits: Exoitic Morphology (level 1), No Biology, Pain Filter, Immunity to Shock, Environmental Durability, Toughness
Morph Ware: Limberness 2, Innocuous Looks 1

Gear: Aggro (5 doses), Claws, Flex Cutter, Grin (5 doses), Muscle Augmentation, Shock Glove, Shredder

• 2 weeks later...