The Testament of Suns

TheRaconteur

• 3 months later...
Posted (edited)

Alchemist.PNG.88087ee030ff178ecefca584812f7950.PNG

The Alchemist: Chapter I - Act I

Adept: Play another card on the next sun.

Secrets Ravens Books Flame

Meanings: Complexity, transformation, knowledge

The Alchemist seeks transformation, usually in the sense of advancement or enlightenment. She hopes to better herself though understanding. As adept of the Secrets family, the Alchemist is of course complicated. Her knowledge is deep and vast. Magical processes surround her. Chemicals and substances and the flame that catalyzes them all dance upon her fingertips. But her true raw materials are her own essence and her own soul.

Makers often see this card as a good omen.

Divination: The Alchemist’s complexity suggests that there’s far more to a situation than previously understood. Just as often, however, she indicates drastic and sudden change—a new opportunity, a new person involved, or a new facet to a problem. Should one turn the Alchemist and Dangerous Elixir consecutively, this is called the Ultimate Transformation, and it suggests total and complete upheaval of the situation and possibly someone involved in it.

Edited by TheRaconteur (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Cat.PNG.8a4d7a5c8f27046ea252b88262ba623d.PNG

The Cat: Chapter I - Act I

Companion: Duplicates the effects of the previously played card

Notions Cats Clocks Wind

Meanings: Solitude, curiosity, cleverness, dexterity.

Cats see much. They prowl about, or simply find a good vantage point and watch (and sleep). Should something really catch their eye, however, they move to investigate. “Curiosity killed the cat,” as the saying goes, and it’s true. But cats have nine lives and thus they can afford a little curiosity.

The Cat is the companion of the Notions family. It watches over them, and sometimes even protects them.

Divination: One sometimes must act alone to succeed. Curiosity and cleverness can be virtues, but be wary of taking them too far. A challenge may arise that involves both mental and physical dexterity.

• 1 month later...

EnticingJewel.png.559b161d8c0ed8313d1903fb3c8d654a.png

The Enticing Jewel: Chapter I - Act II

Invisible: Effective level of all Invisible magic is raised by 1, or Sorcery cost reduced by 1. Empaths receive a +1 to all Actions.

Visions Swans Blades Water

Meanings: The light at the end of the tunnel. The brass ring. The center of the target. The object of our desire lies before us in the form of the Enticing Jewel. We want it. We have to have it. It represents beauty, but the side of beauty that demands attention and probably possession. It is the beauty that can sometimes call to our darker natures. It brings out greed, ambition, and selfishness.

Divination: When the Enticing Jewel is turned, everything focuses upon it. Most of the time, this is one of the most positive cards that can be revealed. It indicates success in one’s endeavor. It suggests beauty and wealth. At the very least, even if not actual success, the Enticing Jewel is the potential for success, which in itself can be encouraging (because sometimes there is no possibility for success). Still, the card has a darker side, because it also suggests greed and a love of wealth, and the dangers of such things.

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

6rUv8Fh.pngThe Harvesting Spider: Chapter I - Act II

Red/Blue: Effective level of all Red magic is raised by 1, or Sorcery cost reduced by 1. Effective level of all Blue magic is decreased by 1, or Sorcery cost increased by 1. Stoics receive a +1 to all Actions.

Mysteries Rats Mirrors Stone

Meanings: Spiders are so many things: builders, weavers, and caretakers, but also hunters, killers, and blooddrinkers. The Harvesting Spider cares for her young, but at the expense of what she harvests, and that just might be you. She is stealthy and sneaky. Her many footsteps are silent. Regardless, spiders never stop working. They build and create to serve specific purposes

Divination: As terrifying as this card appears, its meanings are more esoteric, but still significant. The always active spider signifies action. Act— immediately. Work—hard. Success can be had, but only as the result of action and toil. The Harvesting Spider is also a subtle hunter, and thus can suggest that stealth might be required in one’s endeavors.