Alexio Petraeus: not quite the Brute Squad.

leons1701

Alexio Petraeus

Alexio

Race: Human
Class: Mageknight (Knightknight)
Level: 1

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 260lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Pale, slightly ruddy
Hair: Brown

Faith: Abadar
Loyalties:

1: Friends

2: Common Folk

3: Order

Abilities
Ability | Modifier
STR: 18 | +4
DEX: 12 | +1
CON: 14 | +2
INT: 10 | +0
WIS: 14 | +2
CHA: 10 | +0

Hit Points: 12
Hit Dice: d10
Armor Class: 20
Size: Medium
Speed: 20 ft

Senses: Standard

Fort Save: +4
Ref Save: +3
Will Save: +2
ioKKTOx.png
Artist: Dasha Pospielova

"You hurt my friends, you hurt me. You hurt me, I hurt you. Simple, no?"

Appearance
A massive fellow impressive even among ranks of armored guards, Alexio doesn't seem particularly threatening despite his size due to his generally friendly demeanor. Aside from his size, he doesn't look that different from most Chelaxian commoners. He definitely has a bit of a gut, but there's solid muscle under that.

Personality
Alexio is a simple man, so he'll tell anyone who will listen. He just wants to spend his days working, his evenings relaxing with a good drink and a few friends and maybe a few days here and there for training. He's a basically happy fellow, generally not too excitable or given to being overly dramatic, but capable of being roused to serious anger. It takes a good bit to really stir him up, but once he starts going, it's also difficult to cool him down. He's not especially fond of the way things are going right now in Kintargo, this new mayor seems a bit unbalanced, but it's not anything he can do something about.

Background
Alexio's family has been in Kintargo for several generations, having arrived as part of an attempt to establish a stronger Abadarian presence in the city. His father owns a moderately successful tavern in the Redroof district, not far from Temple Hill (and perhaps a bit closer to the Devil's Nursery than he'd prefer). His older brother is in the process of taking over the tavern from their father, who is somewhat looking forward to a reduced role, if not so much to actual retirement. Alexio caught the eye of Dottari recruiters at a fairly young age and it was assumed for years that he would become a member of the Dottari, indeed, he did train with the Dottari and served for well over a year before he was severely injured in a collapsing building. Having entered the building against orders, the Dottari declined to have his broken legs healed and dismissed him from service. Fortunately, his family was able to afford enough healing for him to eventually make a complete recovery, though he is still better at predicting weather than most men his age. Through connections with the temple of Abadar, he was able to find work as a guard for one of the finer jewelers to be found outside the Greens, though not up to the standards of the nobility, the Glittering Hand does fine business with many of Kintargo's merchants.