The Enemy Within (WHFRP 4e)

Heretic Burger

Long story short: Is there enough people interested in trying to run through the Enemy Within Campaign for WHFRP 4e?

I'm quite aware that it would be unlikely to run through the whole campaign, given its length and the pace of PbP (plus the usual issues with people dropping out and so on). I'd be looking for people who were aware of this, realistic but up for giving it a go anyway: ''Let's have some fun and see how far we get!'' ideally I'd like to have players who haven't run through it before but given the above would be happy with players who have played it but are honest about it and can outline their previous experience with it...

So, any of you interested in some grim dark realistic yet ambitious adventuring?

Definite interest here! PbP hazards aside I'm always willing to give WFRP 4e another go. I've been in a few one shots and even played one to completion back on OGMW so I'd say the fun for me really is more about the journey than the destination (ending). Almost started the campaign a couple times, but it never went anywhere.

Have you given any consideration to what books and/or rules will be available?

2 hours ago, Couch Potato Rex said:

Have you given any consideration to what books and/or rules will be available?

Definitely not Ogres and in all likelyhood group advantage would be used. I'd probably be allowing most/all of the Empire based human 'races' and careers scattered across the books as optional.

Basically I'd want players to be able to just have the core book and still understand what's going on/not feel excessively penalised for not having any supplements.

I would express my interest in this. I had been fishing for interest in a WHFRP very recently as well but have decided to try running a 40K game instead though I won't have it ready for a few more weeks.

I have never played the Enemy Within campaign but I know of it and have flipped through it before but it has been years and wouldn't remember much of anything about it.

Thanks for the responses people :)

Given the low level of interest and that there doesn't seem to be much going on on the site in general I probably won't be putting in the effort to run something so ambitious/inherently doomed.

A one shot or something a little smaller in scope might be an option though so I'll be thinking on that.

I remember starting to play this with a much earlier revision of the WHFRP rules... this was back in high school, so we're talking... 35 years ago? I remember having a targeteer that was pretty damn accurate with his bow.

I wouldn't mind trying it again. I believe I have copies of various editions somewhere on my hard drive...