Gspawn summons a character!

Gspawn

Another good question , where do you Stand on variant human as a race? Other wise I am also looking at Damphir or maybe go straight to cstom but I am also open to suggested races to, help get ideas flowing.

Before any Race mods or bonuses I am looking at 8, 14, 12, 14, 14, 10. Might do some alternating but this is what I got so far.

Edited by Gspawn (see edit history)

The original Variant Human from the PHB was one of my go to races, so I have no qualms against using it.

Is Custom Origin better? under the right adjustments of stats Custom Origin flexes on variant human then bench presses with him. Custom Origin opens so many story doors, you can make a whole library of characters out of it. One of my personal favorites was the Shadowblood custom origin I created. By taking the Shadow Touched Feat, putting all racial points into Charmisa then taking his first level in Hexblade Warlock, I got a guy who served the Raven Queen who could strike fear in a villian's heart then his blade would 'eat' it making them go insane in fear of the one who smiles in the shadows forcing them to do whatever the guy/the Raven Queen wants.

Using a similar idea your Shadow Summoner could take the Shadow Touched Feat and push the point towards Intelligence, knock a point off Wisdom and put it to Intelligence and you could start with an 18 in Intelligence.

all in all it's your character.

@SMARTAgentKC Okay I decided to go with Custom Race But I am saving Shadow Touch for 4th level (Assuming I make it this far) And choose Observant feat to help with my less then mediocre wisdom. I also choose Warrior Style and rolled up. I choose to be a lesser Half human/Dhampir that has gotten weaker in the gene pool after 2 or 3 generations. I am still looking to build a background in my head but I got the Grunt work done. I should have a more flushed out sheet soon

Before we get to hasty. Stat's before Race bonus is ..... 9 14, 12, 15, 12, 10. (Adding +2 from custom Plus Observant +1 ) I still come out to being 18 Intelligence to begin the game. I almost got tempted to take Lucky

spacer.png

Rachael Yunmo

Half Human/half Damphir, Archaeologist, Shadow Summoner Lvl: 3

AC: 13 (15/17) (Leather Armor. with Shield 15, With Shield of faith 17) | HP: 30/30 (1d8+(3)1) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Dark vision 60 Ft. passive Perception 18, Insight 13, Investigation 19

STR:-1 Saving Throw

-1 Athletics
9 (-1) | DEX:+2 Saving Throw

+2 Acrobatics
+2 Sleight of Hand
+4 Stealth
14 (+2) | CON:+1 Saving Throw 12 (+1) | INT:+6 Saving Throw

+4 Arcana
+6 History
+4 Investigation
+4 Nature
+4 Religion
18 (+4) | WIS:+1 Saving Throw

+1 Animal Handling
+1 Insight
+1 Medicine
+3 Perception
+3 Survival
12 (+1) | CHA:+3 Saving Throw

+2 Deception
+0 Intimidation
+0 Performance
+0 Persuasion
(0)

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Celestial, and Elven

“My words,” Rachael says. | My thoughts,’ Rachael thinks. | My actions . . .

Shadow Summoner (Warrior Style)

OOC

Movement: —

Action: —

Bonus Action: —

Reaction: —

This is just to get something going for now. Also Link to Character Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2846802

spacer.png Here is token if you prefer to use maps

Okay I have a few background Idea's But let's test the Tables out and give creative juice a power bonus.

1.) Okay Parents are a yes
2.) Okay Born at home classic.
3.) One older Brother and one older Sister.... Interesting big family
4.) Okay the Dice Gods gave me both Grandmother and Grandfather (Big part of story Grandfather)
5.) Not poor as hell but not super rich, I can work with it
6.) I expected a small house but Large house would do.
7.) For a Charisma 10 score she can find ways to make really good friends
8.) Considering custom class and not sure where archaeologist stands as background for rolls that be skipped
9.) Considering she is half human half Damphir down 2 generations and choosing her age being 21 gonna roll life events..... 3 events.... What are they?
10.) 1st encounter.. Magical... This might be her starting deck? Okay she accedently drew from grandpa's deck and 1st monser summon, that would do it.... 2nd event... First time selling painting and other stuff ehh ok wont complain with extra 2d6 gold to start (Ill average it to 7)...... 3rd event ... idk but If I get it again no biggie I can work on it.... Okay I can work on fell in love or once fell in love.)
11.) Figuring out the relationships she has with Parents (On Good terms), Grandparent's (Good Terms), Brother (Good terms) Sister (Good terms), and then Former lover (Good Terms) ... Honestly I was expecting complicated relationships but what the hell. I dont mind if all are on good terms.
12.) I'll roll for curiosity of the Family occupation. Sonce most would be more human the only person I have to roll for race is former lover before occupation.... Grandparent's Were Sailors... Huh An ocean/Wild Beast based deck Grandpa started with his Journey as a shadow summoner ... Interesting... Parent's are farmers. It makes sense to live okay....Brother is an entertainer, could be a bard. Sister help's or is in charge of the family business of farming. Now for former lover... Ugh a Half Elf priest... Okay, Hot Cleric?.... Okay....

Okay this is something to work on

Name
Parent's?
1d100 56
Birthplace?
1d100 85
Re roll Birth Place
1d100 7
Dose she have Brothers or Sister's?
1d10 5
How many?
1d4+1 1
Birth Order
2d6 5,2
Family 
1d100 24
Family Life style 
3d6 4,4,3
Child hood home
1d100+11 78
Child Hood memories 
3d6 6,6,5
How many life events?
1d4 3
1st event 
1d100 98
Arcane Matter's (1st event)
1d100 1
2nd event
1d100 58
3rd event
1d100 30
3rd event (Re roll)
1d100 66
Parent's relationship?
3d4 3,2,1
Grandparent's relationship?
3d4 4,2,2
Older brother relationship
3d4 1,1,3
Older Sister relationship
3d4 3,4,1
Former Lover relationship?
3d4 2,2,1
Grandparent occupation
1d100 92
Parental Occupation?
1d100 55
Brother's Occupation?
1d100 32
Sister Occupation
1d100 55
Former Lover's Occupation
1d100 90
Former lover's Race?
1d100 83

(Time to Crank out a Background Story)

Born to Marcov Yunmo & Elizabeth Yunmo. Rachael began her life in a large home in a farming community in witch her parents were owners (Depending if custom game or sword coast you let me know) It was in some ways hard work but well rewarded. Due to having good bonds with her older siblings Jason Yunmo (Older Brother) and Diana Yunmo (Sister) life with the other kids in the community was good. Most of her friends were farmer's kids and hoped to leave home not stuck doing what their folks were doing but alas well... fate. As she grew Older Rachale always would hear stories of her Grandfather Thomas Yunmo and Jennevive Yunmo met in their wild romance of adventure. Witch made Rachale disgusted. On one of her Grandfather's visits to the home Rachale saw her Grandfather's Playing cards. She draw's from the deck and a hovering Purple Shark Appeared witch made her run and accidentally bump into her grandfather. Surprised she pulled his better known creature He had his own Concerns. None the less he is also happy someone would inherit his work.
  Upon entry to other school's she excelled at the basic literature, writing, best of all History. History was her go to subject that eventually got her into a more prestigious school. Jennevive would then be the one to inherit the family business and her brother Jason went with her to the college together and made their way to the schooling. As she reached 20, before graduating she went to a church praying, hoping she would graduate and not be a failure to her family she met Yelena Tialova, a Cleric at the Temple of fate. gave her a chance to drink and prey. Well when seeing witch would be Vampiric like fangs She was then under the spell of sleep. Few days later when Jason Came looking for her before the test would be conducted she was released on suspicion of being a vampire spawn (Witch is mistaken for damphir... a lot). Jason Inspire's her with a good luck and lord behold she passes her test.
Upon her passing her test her teacher asked if she would like to work with an archaeology expedition into an old temple. Who would not want to? On her Journey she discovers an old passageway witch lead her into a chamber of the Raven Queen's temple. And discoveries were made. This discovery changes her life as she was temporarily journey into the Shadowfell by a blink spell. Causing her to have a taste of the Shadowfell and the eyes of a raven upon her. Be-living she suffered an effect of the spell she chose to ignore that journey as nothing more then a moment in time lost. With their discovery's found and auctioned off to the museum she made enough money that she can make an honest living. Upon Returning home her Grandfather has a heart to heart with her bout the now Passing of the deck to her. Her Grandfather no longer able to fare the sea anymore, denounce to her passes on the torch of adventure to her. A quest her Grandfather never finished?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(THE FAMILY & OTHER NPC'S)

Thomas Yunmo (Grandfather)  Is an older man who was a proud sailor man who loved the travel's of the sea's. Exotic places to taste food and women. He was The chef of the retired ship known as "The Demon Kraken". While not on cooking duty he was the man who made sure the cannon's were cleaned and primed ready to fight. He is a more angry individual to the rest of the crew till he met his later wife Jennevive. Witch they met in naval battle on oppsite ship's and were since then inseparable. He now a days glad to have a big family and a suitable home, though he always misses the sea like a siren's call. His Passing of his deck to his youngest grandfather feels like a cruel mistake but knows his mission has past on.

Jennevie Yunmo (Grandmother) Maiden last name Tennor. Was a sailor on the ship known as the "The Eye of the storm". Former cut throat and no non sense woman was the Jailor and deck swabbor of her ship as she hated just bout everyone till the fated day the ships went into battle on the sea. When she Met Thomas it was a odd encounter of fighting that ended up being drinking buddies afterwards. It was at the moment the first meal was made she was in love with Thomas. Eventually going to land, having a son, and settling down with more white stipes for hair and her aged face coming around she became a grumpy drunk to the known of the public but she dose not regret leaving the life on the sea.

Marcov Yunmo  Is a simple man in his early 40's was simple man who really did not see the adventure like like his parents. He was more of a man who wanted to earn his living and was content with his work. He earned a home with the help of his grandparents working on a noble's farm till the deed to the farm was his. Eventually meeting Elizabeth harmoning in the same community eventually became friends, lovers and married partners having 3 children. Simple man a simple like and is relaxing and taking one day at a time.

Elizabeth Yunmo Is a woman also in her early 40's who was once orphan in the same wanted to be a merchant store owner. She was taken in by other community member's who taught her the value of a good days work. when she graduated schooling she returned home broke and exausted till the evening of a late community party ending up being the moment she met Marcov. Eventually marrying 2 years later and having 3 kids. She made sure the bills were paid and was strict on everyone, even her own husband.

Jason Yunmo Jason is in his mid 20's as a care free inspiring Bard who chose to be one due to not having his father's value's. He preferred to travel and play his Guitar most of his early life and upon Rachale going to school he might as well attempt to get in through skill then brains. Witch he failed attempting to seduce the teacher. Now he is a wandering entertainer and choosing to tell stories to kids, battle to tavern people and woe all (His ego drive's him to do such attempts) Occasionally stopping by to see the family and well him and his father dont see eye to eye on what honest work is.

Diana Yunmo Is also in her mid 20's as she has inherited the Farm from the family as more of the responsible one of the three kids. She inherited her father's attributes and love to help those in need between milk, wheat and other grown crop. Her work has helped make her community grow to a point of self sustaining. She usually into the dating thing as the work takes it all out of her. She always hates it when the whole family is together cause sometimes she is forced to be a mediator when drinks flow witch is why she always saves extra money for her smoking habit.

Yelena Tialova Is a Cleric of Boccob god of knowledge and of the arcane witch attracted to Yelena as "Knowledge is Power" Philosophy. When first meeting Rachael in the temple at first was a typical night, then seeing Rachael have a sip of wine and exposing what she thought were "Vampire fangs" Yelena's first response .... Cast sleep. After tying up, blindfolding and gagged Rachale she put her skill's of alchemy to the test and found out she 1/2 to 1/4 Damphir. Fearing she would be kicked out of the temple She tried to apologizes and the surprise how Rachael understood why she did what she did, also not minding it at all. "Keeping it their Secret" Led to a semester of same kinds of play in other private places. Though after graduation and Rachael going home Yelena debated along with Rachael if there was something there. Still Rachale called her Mistress in private and Ms. Yelena in public since Yelena was also a high noble. Yelena like to be dominant and has no time for people doing wrong and using arcane and divine magic to bring her philosophy to justice. Though when she is not off adventuring she prefer's to be a painter. Since her last meeting its unknown to Rachael if she is still among the living

Looks good, very interesting story.

I think your character and @voodoozombie character could thematically work together. You both have a Gothic Horror/Mystical Victorian Era type, one being a Dullahan, the other being a quarter vampire. You both either live or once lived in superstitious farming communities who tread lightly around things of unknown origin and you are both on the lookout for adventures.