Yvae the Builder, Dwarf Wizard

Dr Jackal

spacer.png

YVAE the BUILDER

You want to carve a kingdom out of the wilderness? Sure, I'll help.

You want to make yourself a tyrant? A kind and just monarch? A kleptocrat? Fine. Wonderful, even.

As long as I have a place to research in peace, a steady supply of artifacts,

and maybe the occasional cadaver or two,

then all hail Prince Whatever-your-name-is.

Background

Yvae was born to a dwarven clan in the Golushkin Mountains of Brevoy. Growing up, she distinguished herself for her superior intellect, her exceptional magical prowess, and her complete disregard for dwarven tradition and moral codes.

While Yvae has few friends among her kinsmen, she's never done anything quite monstrous enough to warrant exile. When she announced that she was leaving to seek her fortune in the Stolen Lands, the general feeling was either indifference or relief.

Personality

Yvae is interested in expanding her understanding of magic, science, history, divinity, and nature. She naturally excels at architecture, but she considers it more of an amusing pastime than a real occupation.

Although Yvae thinks that the tenets of dwarven culture are idiotic, she does have a strong personal code and would never betray an associate or renege on a deal. She has no desire for political power, and would greatly prefer to leave the governing to anyone who enjoys that sort of thing. The only thing that Yvae wants is to satisfy her voracious appetite for knowledge, and if she has to pay for that privilege by working part-time as an engineer and architect for a budding kingdom, that's a sacrifice she's willing to make.

Future Directions

Loremaster probably. Spellmaster maybe. If the adventure goes on long enough, she might even start thinking about Lich...

Sheet link: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2847656

Edited by Dr Jackal (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

@saithor Darkvision isn't a feat I know, but I didn't see anywhere else to write it on the sheet, so I just parked it there. I can remove it if it's an issue.

Specialty Crafting feat from Anvil Dwarf, so I marked it as Ancestry to indicate its origin. Would you rather General because that's the tag on the feat?

4 hours ago, Dr Jackal said:

@saithor Darkvision isn't a feat I know, but I didn't see anywhere else to write it on the sheet, so I just parked it there. I can remove it if it's an issue.

Specialty Crafting feat from Anvil Dwarf, so I marked it as Ancestry to indicate its origin. Would you rather General because that's the tag on the feat?

No that’s fine but you do need to pick your actual ancestry feats