Error message saving sheet after long time open

azhrei_fje

Problem posted initially on Discord @ https://discord.com/channels/313509315627581440/968148044258377798/1169800756635893851

Screen shot of an error. The sheet wouldn't save again tonight, so I clicked on the link at the top of the sheet that holds the character's name and this error came up. Then I went back to the char sheet and clicked on the Sheets link. That's when I ended up with the infinite Loading screen message. Given that this seems to be a server-side problem, not much I can do about it. But I'll try workarounds the next time I'm working on the sheet, such as opening another sheet first to ensure my authentication is up to date. (Visiting the site to refresh my login credentials doesn't seem to help.) Maybe some kind of session cookie (I saw there was some JS code that re-executes every 5 minutes, I presume to keep a connection open)?

spacer.png

1. As a follow up, this is a sheet that I typically leave open for loooong periods of time (days) and I do updates and general note taking on it over time.

I tried logging out of MWv6 and back in. Still didn't help the page load. I've already emptied the caches, so the last thing to try is clearing cookies. (I'm doing all of this in the same browser tab.)

Oooooh. Clearing the cookies didn't help either?! I was sitting at the top-level forum page though, so let me trying closing the tab.

Okay, so using a different tab worked and the Sheets tab will open.

OK, breaking this down into two pieces, both of which I hope are resolved.

1. The first piece was a bit of a red herring; it shouldn't have been linked in the first place, and it's the wrong link to be sure, but was easily fixed and nothing to do with the authentication problem.

2. The authentication problem is, in a nutshell: if the network connection was missed, and the token expired, there was a path by which the session would go into a la-la loop and never recover. I pushed an update to close this gap, but we'll keep an eye out for recurrences.