Once Upon A Time In The Wastland - Part 1

Laird_Thorne

token_1(17).png.1adfe3b7b5f217ef5c422eeeef4a8e7b.pngDr. Maxim Aleksandrovich - Human Survivor | Trader

Melee Bonus: 0 | Defense: +1 | HP: 8 / 8 | Initiative: 14 | Action Points: 1/4
Damage Resistance: +2 | Energy Resistance: +3 | Poison Resistance: -- | Radiation Resistance: --
STR: Athletics: 0
Melee Weapon: 0
Unarmed: 0
4 | PEREnergy Weapons: 0
Explosives: 0
Lockpick: 3
Pilot: 3
:
 9 | ENDBig Guns: 0
Survival: 3
4 | CHABarter: 3
Speech: 3
:
 6 | INTMedicine: 3
Repair: 3
Science: 3
:
 10 | AGISmall Guns: 3
Sneak: 0
:
5 |  LuckLuck Points: 3/3: 4

Carry Weight: 12 / 190 | Caps: -- 

TraitsEducatedBenefit
You have one additional tag skill
Penalty
When you fail a skill test using a skill other
than a tag skill, the GM gains 1 AP

GiftedBenefit
Choose two S.P.E.C.I.A.L. attributes and
increase them by +1 each.
Penalty
Your maximum number of Luck points is one
fewer than your Luck attribute.

| PerksMedicRanks
Requirements
INT 8
When you use the First Aid action
to try to treat an injury, you can
re-roll 1d20.

| WeaponsPipe GunWeapon Type: Small Gun | Damage: 3 Screenshot_2023-11-17_160327-removebg-preview.png | Damage Effect: -- | Damage Type: Physical | Fire Rate: 2 | Range: C | Qualities: CqC, Unreliable | Weight: 2 | Cost: 30 | Rarity: 0 | Ammo: 9 x .38 [Equipped]

| ArmorTough ClothingDR +1 | ER +1 | RR 0 | Coverage: Arms, Legs, Torso | Weight: 3 | Cost: 20 | Rarity: 1
Leather Chest PieceDR +1 | ER +2 | RR 0 | Coverage: Torso | Weight: 5 | Cost: 25 | Rarity: 1[Equipped]
Lab CoatDR 0 | ER 0 | RR 0 | Coverage: Arms, Legs, Torso | Weight: 2 | Cost: 10 | Rarity: 1 | Special: Between the utility of the design, and simply feeling smarter while wearing one, a lab coat allows you to re-roll a single d20 on one INT based skill test you make each scene.[Equipped]

| ConsumablesDaddy-O
Rad-X
Mentats [3]
 | WaresPlasma Cartridge [15]
10mm 17]
Flamer Fuel [27]
 | SpecialTrinket: Pre-war Party Invitation

Their discussion is halted when the gunfire spills out of the vault, the problem having become their own much sooner than Maxim would have preferred. This Rad Rocky did not seem to have any scruples, nor fear, both of which the Doctor had in spades. Looking around for any sort of cover, he swears under his breath and hopes that the masked Wastelander is as good a shot as she was threating to be, and that her brash personality draws the ire of the raiders. Unholstering his shoddy pipe pistol, he closes one of his eyes, trying to get a decent look down the jury-rigged iron sight, which was made about as poorly as expected by a chem-fiend Raider. Aiming as best he can, the sights settle on the head of what appears to be the lead raider. Feeling his heart ache with the adrenaline course through his veins, he wishes he had not sold the last of his Jet before leaving the Raiders behind. Pulling the trigger, he hopes for the best.

OOC

Minor Action: Aim

Major Action: Shoot at Rad Rocky's head [+1 Difficulty] - 5 Damage [2,2,1]

Edited by tyrtaeus (see edit history)
Name
Attack Test [AGI [5]+Small Guns [3]]
1d20 1
Attack Test [AGI [5]+Small Guns [3]]
1d20 13
Aim Reroll [AGI [5]+Small Guns [3]] 
1d20 10
Aimed Shot at Rad Rocky's Head
3d6 2,2,1

In almost the same instant, Shots from Doctor Maxim's pipe gun and Billie's 10mm hit Rad Rocky in the head, snapping it back with an shower of blood, and causing his eyes to roll back in his head as he slumped unconscious with the life giving liquid streaming out of the gashes.

OOC: My apologies on not getting this up a bit quicker... Sister Sledge and Coward are up before the other two raiders. :)

Action Points

• GM: 4
  • Heros: 2 of 6

token_1(17).png.1adfe3b7b5f217ef5c422eeeef4a8e7b.pngBillie

AP Pool: 2/6 Defense: 2 HP: 11/11 Initiative: 16 Luck: 2/4 Conditions: None Ammo: 6/10

As the chaotic fray unfolds and the raider boss falls with a well-aimed shot from Billie's 10mm pistol, she swiftly shifts her focus to the next threat. Rad Rocky, with a menacing presence, is promptly targeted, and in tandem with one of the lab coat strangers, their shots ring out, sending him reeling to the ground with a fatal headshot. Billie's actions are quick and decisive, a testament to her survival-honed instincts.

With gunfire echoing around the hill, Billie doesn't linger in the open. She darts behind the vault bunker entrance, seeking cover from the impending dangers. The gnawing worry about Lucky's well-being nags at her, prompting a sharp whistle into the chaotic air. Her loyal dog companion, Lucky, is likely caught in the midst of the firefight, and Billie can only hope that its instincts and training will keep it safe.

With her 10mm pistol still tightly gripped in her hand, Billie remains vigilant, ready for any raiders who might dare to expose themselves. The iron sight aligns with her steely gaze as she waits behind cover of the hill, her thoughts focused on the next move in this deadly dance of survival. The wasteland has taught Billie the value of swift, decisive actions, and in this moment, her every move is a calculated step toward outlasting the dangers that lurk in the shadows of Vault 95.

OOC

Edited by sxeBUDDHA (see edit history)

Coward
Lv.1 Super Mutant

https://i.imgur.com/xLeukTN.png

Coward
Super Mutant

Def 2

HP 16/16

Init 13

LP 10/10

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.STRENGTH

PERCEPTION

ENDURANCE

CHARISMA

INTELLIGENCE

AGILITY

LUCK

SkillsAthletics ^ 3
Barter 0
Big Guns 0
Energy Weapons 1
Explosives 1
Lockpick 1
Medicine 1
Melee Weapons 1
Pilot 1
Repair 1
Science 1
Small Guns 1
Sneak ^ 3
Speech 0
Survival 0
Throwing 1
Unarmed ^ 3

AP 3/6

AP 5/-

Startled by the new additions to the standoff, Coward swivels his head to face his new comrades and bosom buddies. People opened fire. The truce, the armistice, was broken. Which guys are cool, which ones are interlopers?

Eager to prove himself, Coward ducks with the Doc, his hands dropping to reach for his strap. He yanks a length of pipe from the ramshackle garb on his leg and bounds for the remaining small fries.

Unfortunately, he fumbles his draw and drops the makeshift gun. It fires when it hits the dewy dirt.

Coward hurriedly picks it up before continuing his hustle towards the vault walls.

Mechanics

Damage Reduction

Head (2) Torso (8) L.Arm (11) R.Arm (14) L.Leg (17) R.Leg (20)
Physical
Energy
StatusNormal or Blank
Injured
Treated

Other:
Giving the DM one AP for an additional dice.
Rerolling for Daring.
Spent one .38 ammo

Major Action: Fire Pipe Rifle (2 successes, Head, 3 damage)
Minor Action: Shift closer to the raiders and the vault door.

Edited by Passione (see edit history)
Name
Small Arms + Agi
3d20 6,12,4
Daring Reroll 12
1d20 14
Hit Location
1d20 1
Damage
3d6 6,5,1

meanie_by_pheberoni_d95w3yg-pre.jpg.f0bb1b2b774415dc9ab030b2343c4fa2.jpgSister Sledge

AP Pool: 0/6 Defense: 1 HP: 11/11 Initiative: 13 Luck: 6/6 Conditions: None

Without any hesitation, she whipped out her Laser Gun and fired off a single straightforward shot.

Whilst she'd been in life-and-death fights before this was her first on her own, at least until she worked out if she was among allies or not.

OOC: If that hit's using the table on p29 that would be 3 damage

Edited by TiffanyKorta (see edit history)
Name
Laser Pistol (12)
11; 5
1d20;1d20 [11]; [11,5]
Damage
3; 1; 2; 4
1d6;1d6;1d6;1d6 [3]; [3,1]; [3,1,2]; [3,1,2,4]

As Sister Sledge's shot clips the bandit, they glance over at their leader as they prepare to fire. They both swallow hard, exchange looks and start to run, throwing their hands up as the one yells "Nope! Ain't getting paid enough to die at random! You can have her." They both pretty much stumble over their ovn feet before getting back up and continuing on.

OOC: With the raiders gone, the vault is at your mercy. Along with whoever was calling for help..

Action Points

token_1(17).png.1adfe3b7b5f217ef5c422eeeef4a8e7b.pngDr. Maxim Aleksandrovich - Human Survivor | Trader

Damage Resistance: +2 | Energy Resistance: +3 | Poison Resistance: -- | Radiation Resistance: --
:
:
:
:

TraitsEducatedBenefit
Penalty

GiftedBenefit
Penalty

| PerksMedicRanks
Requirements
INT 8
re-roll 1d20.

| WeaponsPipe GunWeapon Type: Small Gun | Damage: 3 Screenshot_2023-11-17_160327-removebg-preview.png | Damage Effect: -- | Damage Type: Physical | Fire Rate: 2 | Range: C | Qualities: CqC, Unreliable | Weight: 2 | Cost: 30 | Rarity: 0 | Ammo: 8 x .38 [Equipped]

| ArmorTough ClothingDR +1 | ER +1 | RR 0 | Coverage: Arms, Legs, Torso | Weight: 3 | Cost: 20 | Rarity: 1
Leather Chest PieceDR +1 | ER +2 | RR 0 | Coverage: Torso | Weight: 5 | Cost: 25 | Rarity: 1[Equipped]
Lab CoatDR 0 | ER 0 | RR 0 | Coverage: Arms, Legs, Torso | Weight: 2 | Cost: 10 | Rarity: 1 | Special: Between the utility of the design, and simply feeling smarter while wearing one, a lab coat allows you to re-roll a single d20 on one INT based skill test you make each scene.[Equipped]

| ConsumablesDaddy-O
Rad-X
Mentats [3]
10mm 17]
Flamer Fuel [27]

As the raiders run off, Maxim opens his closed eye and whispers a quick prayer to whatever deity had blessed him with that shot. The smell of hot metal fills his nostrils as he tries to breath slowly to reduce the adrenaline running through his system. At his age, it would not do well for his heart to be beating so hard. He could not remember the last time that he had hit something with the stupid thing, and he was quite thankful for his surgeons composure that he was able to point the thing where he wanted to. He looks over to the others.

"Well, I guess I'm the idiot after all, we'd best keep these weapons drawn, they're likely to come back with friends if whatever is down there is so valuable. Doctor Rast, from one doc to another, what are we looking to run into down there. If we go down there"

Maxim still was not too hot on the idea of entering the vault, but if those raiders did decide to come back and he was alone out here, then it would be curtains for the good doctor. A Supermutant would likely make a more appealing target than an old man, the trigger happy wastelander would probably jump in guns blazing, and whoever that last one was, well, their gun was much shinier than his.

"Doctor Maxim Aleksandrovich at your service"

He holds the gun to the side, almost in distaste.

"I'm not much good with this thing usually, Miss Fortune must have been on my side"

OOC

Minor Action:

Major Action:

OOC: Subtracted 1 .38 from weapon ammo

Coward
Lv.1 Super Mutant

Coward
Super Mutant

Def 2

HP 16/16

Init 13

LP 10/10

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.STRENGTH

PERCEPTION

ENDURANCE

CHARISMA

INTELLIGENCE

AGILITY

LUCK

SkillsAthletics ^ 3
Barter 0
Big Guns 0
Energy Weapons 1
Explosives 1
Lockpick 1
Medicine 1
Melee Weapons 1
Pilot 1
Repair 1
Science 1
Small Guns 1
Sneak ^ 3
Speech 0
Survival 0
Throwing 1
Unarmed ^ 3

PC AP 3/6

GM AP 5/-

After the din of gunfire subsides, Coward believes that whoever is left must have been at least interested to parley. In celebration, he swipes a stray chunk of flesh from the ground. He flicks it into his open and swallows it without chewing believing he is sneaky. His antics are plain as day to see.

"Ok. Now, no shooting, no smashing, no snacking. For real this time." Undone and undermined, he resorts to making light of it. With a horrible screeching, he tucks his pipe back to the rickety pile strapped to his leg.

"You need someone to take a looksie? Pissing humie got shaky legs. I can be your friend. Doctor Rust? Doctor Rats? Tasty." Like a dog unleashed, he takes the lull as permission and cozies up to the man with a gun trained on their head. He nods enthusiastically at the good doctor. "Yes. Inside. You know who opened this box? You hurt? You want me to carry you?

Mechanics

Damage Reduction

Physical
Energy
StatusNormal or Blank
Injured
Treated

Other: .

Major Action: .
Minor Action: .

The man calling himself Doctor Rast got up, brushing himself off as he did. Looking at you all, he reaches into his coat, pulling out a Stimpak and offering it. "I don't know if any of you need this at the moment, but if so, lease take it." He lookad at Coward, his expression remaining somewhat neutral but annoyed. "Rast, please." He gestured at the big raider. "He and his bunch opened it. They call themselves Gunners, and have been making big inroads around the area. If you haven't encounted any of them, you can count youself lucky. Although, you seem to have luck on your side as they aren't usually that cowardly. No offense.."

He took a deep breath. "Now, can we get ourselves together, collect anything we need or may want and go in? My daughter is in there and if it makes a difference, I can pay handsomely if you will help me. In case there are more Gunners... or worse inside..."

OOC: Next? :)

Action Points

:
:
:
:

TraitsEducatedBenefit
Penalty

GiftedBenefit
Penalty

| PerksMedicRanks
Requirements
INT 8
re-roll 1d20.

| WeaponsPipe GunWeapon Type: Small Gun | Damage: 3 Screenshot_2023-11-17_160327-removebg-preview.png | Damage Effect: -- | Damage Type: Physical | Fire Rate: 2 | Range: C | Qualities: CqC, Unreliable | Weight: 2 | Cost: 30 | Rarity: 0 | Ammo: 8 x .38 [Equipped]

| ConsumablesDaddy-O
Rad-X
Mentats [3]
10mm 17]
Flamer Fuel [27]

Maxim whistles under his breath hearing who the raiders are. Gunners. He knows of them of course, anyone in the Commonwealth with half a brain does. They consider themselves above Raiders, but are anything but. The only difference between a Gunner and a Raider is the equipment they carry. Though their insufferable insistence on their militaristic ways was the primary reason that he never wanted to find a place in their ranks, he had considered it considering their impressive wealth and presence throughout downtown Boston, but he doubted he ever would have had the freedom he did when living in the filth and squalor among the Raiders. It did increase the danger of the request significantly though, even with the leader of them dead at their feet, they would be backing the rest of them into a corner, which means fighting their way out. If Rast expected his daughter to still be alive, never mind untouched, the old man had his doubts. The old surgeon moves to the corpse of the big raider, fishing through his pockets for anything chem related. The big guy is not well armored nor armed, making Dr. Aleksandrovich curious as to whether or not he was a real Gunner, or if he was simply using the name for clout.

"I don't need no Stimpak, but if you got anything a little more fun, Doc, maybe that'd make me reconsider this little suicide mission you're requesting, I dunno about these other guys, but I ain't so benevolent for free, handsomely is subjective after all"

He doubted the Wastelander nor the laser pistol wielding new arrival would have such qualms about entering the vault and seeing a little action, even he mutie might wanna get in there and satisfy some of it's more baser mutie desires, but if he was gonna get stuck in there with them anyway, he at least wanted to be a little out of his mind. Hopefully the good doctor would facilitate.

OOC

Minor Action:

Major Action:

OOC:

Name
Barter: Tryna' get some free chems [9]
2d20 18,5

Coward
Lv.1 Super Mutant

Coward
Super Mutant

Def 2

HP 16/16

Init 13

LP 10/10

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.STRENGTH

PERCEPTION

ENDURANCE

CHARISMA

INTELLIGENCE

AGILITY

LUCK

SkillsAthletics ^ 3
Barter 0
Big Guns 0
Energy Weapons 1
Explosives 1
Lockpick 1
Medicine 1
Melee Weapons 1
Pilot 1
Repair 1
Science 1
Small Guns 1
Sneak ^ 3
Speech 0
Survival 0
Throwing 1
Unarmed ^ 3

GM AP 4/-

PC AP 2/6

Coward lets the doctor's offer stand, waiting for the more surly ones to take it. When the alternative is a confrontation, he'd rather go without a stimpak at all.

Coward nod enthusiastically about the two running with their tails between their legs. Most fortuitous indeed. If the other raiders inside were to follow suit, that would be a mighty blessing. He holds the doctor with higher regard, offense intended or not.

"I'm definitely up for pillagin'. Nobody has called me handsome before."

He walks towards what is left of Rad Rocky, nudging it with his heel 'just to be sure'. "He's the leader, huh. His head on a stick might help with negosiasions inside." He lets the moment linger. "Is everybody cool with that?"

"If chop-choppin' is uh... most undignified, I could carry the whole thing, the corpse I mean, and make the raiders more likely to run that way. Are you sure you don't want a hand, Doc?"

Mechanics

Damage Reduction

Physical
Energy
StatusNormal or Blank
Injured
Treated

spacer.png You cross the rickety walkway leading through the entrance of the vault. The old metal creaks beneath you, underscoring the howling of a radioactive windstorm building outside. An elevator stands at the end of the path to the vault. Above its dented doorway hangs a wide green sign from the old world—a notice from the Vault-Tec Corporation that reads, “Vault 95. Welcome Home. Proceed in an orderly fashion.”

Blood is smeared across the handrails and covers the button to open the elevator. At the sign of all of the blood, Dr. Rast frowns. "That's too much... they must be about dead. Please! We have to hurry!" He steps forward quickly and presses the elevator button.

The small elevator rumbles and shakes unsteadily as it descends, deeper and deeper, into the earth. The lights lining the threadbare walls flicker a few times, but remain lit, illuminating a sticky pool of blood gathered in one corner of the floor. At last, with a grinding shriek of metal gears, the elevator slams roughly into the bottom of the shaft.

With a cheery “ding”, the doors slide open to reveal a bare underground corridor of exposed pipes that stretches on for some thirty feet before it bends to the left. Smears of fresh blood are evident along the right-side wall, leading to a closed steel door halfway down this stretch of the hallway. Two human skeletons lie entangled with one another just off to the side of the door. The decomposed corpses are dressed in dusty blue, bloodstained jumpsuits.

As you are looking out into the corridor, a distortion or something shining catches your eye. Looking closer you realize there are two laser tripwires crossing the opening just outside the elevator doors.

OOC:

Action Points

Coward
Lv.1 Super Mutant

Coward
Super Mutant

Def 2

HP 16/16

Init 13

LP 10/10

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.STRENGTH

PERCEPTION

ENDURANCE

CHARISMA

INTELLIGENCE

AGILITY

LUCK

SkillsAthletics ^ 3
Barter 0
Big Guns 0
Energy Weapons 1
Explosives 1
Lockpick 1
Medicine 1
Melee Weapons 1
Pilot 1
Repair 1
Science 1
Small Guns 1
Sneak ^ 3
Speech 0
Survival 0
Throwing 1
Unarmed ^ 3

GM AP 4/-

PC AP 2/6

Signs of a brewing rad storm flow from one to another. Coward is glad to have shelter. He muses that they might have to wait for it to blow over, but the cold never bothered him anyway. He happily skips and hops behind the rattled Rast into the waiting maw of the elevator, the rad storm out of sight and out of mind, for now.

When the elevator doors open, the are greeted by more blood and gore. There is fresh blood aplenty but there's also a pair of old bones. "Skellies?! I thought this can was fresh? These blueberries have been killin' each other!"

His face contorts as the trap becomes apparent. He blocks the distressed doctor with his whole body as he points out the lights. They are pretty crammed inside the elevator and he is pretty sure this booby trap is the 'splodey kind. He scoots further back.

"What do we do about that? Hop? Jump? Anybody know anything tricksy?"

Mechanics

Damage Reduction

Physical
Energy
StatusNormal or Blank
Injured
Treated

• 3 weeks later...

meanie_by_pheberoni_d95w3yg-pre.jpg.f0bb1b2b774415dc9ab030b2343c4fa2.jpgSister Sledge

AP Pool: 0/6 Defense: 1 HP: 11/11 Initiative: 13 Luck: 6/6 Conditions: None

Gently gesturing for the other to say back she made a few tentative steps towards the laser tripwire, kneeling down to examine the mechanism from a (hopefully) safe distance.

Explosives weren't her speciality but she might be able to spot a method to quickly, and safely, disarm the device rather than risk an explosion.

OOC: