General Discussion

roryb

7 minutes ago, roryb said:

Yes! And I'll probably forgo the rather precise 8-requirement in favor for a more hand-wavey time has passed kind of way.

Okay. I do not think I should be the one to describe "And then the gang goes to Gaos and gets ready for their infiltration and wholesale slaughter," so you can be the one to narrate that, as well as any other complications or opportunities along the way. Thank you.

I am confused. Earlier, you said it was 18 to secure invitations into the inner sanctum. So I rolled, spent a shatterdie, reached a result of 20, and rested to replenish Shatterdice, as you said. Why do I have to make another roll, and why has the difficulty gone up to 23?

Edited by Colette (see edit history)

Hey there, I'm sorry I didn't see your roll there. Don't forget that shatter dice explode, so you can roll another. I did some more thinking on how to set up the whole scene after your contributions and reworded the areas (there are now four). If she can hit that 23, you're all in to the apartments. If she misses it, then only she is invited that far and you'll have to figure out a way for you all to get access.

Okay. Thank you for clarifying the subject. I apologize for not making it clearer where I had rolled, and will be clearer next time. 

I have rolled the exploded Shatterdie with a result of 5, thus raising the result to 25. That should clear a difficulty of 23.

4 hours ago, Colette said:

Okay. Thank you for clarifying the subject. I apologize for not making it clearer where I had rolled, and will be clearer next time. 

I have rolled the exploded Shatterdie with a result of 5, thus raising the result to 25. That should clear a difficulty of 23.

Phew! That's one of the highest results possible. ;)

I wonder when making your next post if you could describe perhaps a bit of what Arendela went through to procure those invitations...whether they are forged, bribes were made, an occasion of your exceptional standing in the eyes of House Ereshkaye, etc.

It is done. Also, you established electrical poles for House Erushkaye, so I have spun this in somewhat of a Teslapunk direction.

How many Shatterdice does Arendela have at the moment? Did she make the roll to procure invitations before the 8-hour rest, or after the 8-hour rest?

20 hours ago, Colette said:

How many Shatterdice does Arendela have at the moment? Did she make the roll to procure invitations before the 8-hour rest, or after the 8-hour rest?

We'll say that was before resting, so all players are at full.

Apologies, all. Fate intervened. I've been frantic to get things in order before a trip tomorrow, and a post just didn't happen. I'll be out of the country for a week as well, so I don't know my connectivity during Dec 9 - 16. It may be after that... If I don't post before then, you know the reason why.

• 2 weeks later...