Out of Character Chat

mildly_competent

As a heads-up, y'all, Gregorotto was invited to this game, largely so that he and I can play around to test out the site and its functions.  If one of you mysteriously disappears from the site entirely, I'll assume that he is trying unreasonably hard to get a spot in this game.

Will set up a separate testing thread for all that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, as I posted in Gregorotto's Grotto, it seems like the dice roller has improved substantially.  I think I need to seriously consider working on my posting formats here to allow for a move-over from the old MW site to this one during one of the sub-chapter switches for chapter 3.  I think we've still got plenty of time in 3A.  So hopefully I can find the time and motivation in there to get that work done.  Other things I think we need to be sure of:

@Paro, are you able to subscribe to threads on this site in a way that works for you?

Others, are you able to make and access character sheets in a way that you're comfortable with?

Does anyone have other lingering concerns about how this site will work compared to the older one?

• 1 month later...

I've been running a one shot here for a little while and the dice engine is absolutely dreadful. They've made huge improvements to it but it still sucks compared to the OGMW's dice engine. Simply having to make a post, then roll the dice, then edit as necessary is annoying and time consuming. There are issues with formatting posts and reusing that format for future posts. These are being addressed but at the moment this is very much a beta testing site and not suitable for live play. IMO anyway.

Honestly, I suggest running a one shot or a side quest here to see for yourself.

I don't disagree with my experience with CoS thus far, people seem to have hang-ups about posting a big UNDER CONSTRUCTION message, then rolling dice, then editing their post to configure it all. I've also suggested people use Discord, but no dice there.

EDIT: Realized that could be taken literally: we have Avrae, but no one wants to roll in Discord.

Edited by Gregorotto (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Whew, gosh! So, it's nearly a year later, but here we are. Finally moving over to this forum. Welcome back, everyone! I appreciate your willingness to work with me for so long and stay with this game. A GM couldn't ask for a more dedicated and fantastic group. :)

I'm sure that there will be some growing pains, but it seems like the community at large is adapting to the new site quite well. :) I also think that the formatting (Etc) should work pretty well here. My only concern on my end is becoming proficient with the dice and getting a way to quickly and easily format combat information to share with y'all. It'll probably take a few rounds of posting for me to get it right.

At the moment, my concern would be to be able to format what's in OOC.

And yes, if I am being honest, the transition is overall not so bad. I can't complain that much.

Good to hear that you've made the adjustment! I may try to do some more testing and playing around with it tomorrow, if the work-day allows. I'd love to hit the ground running here.

Due to various things that I have mentioned on the OGMW site, I had reached a point that I was mostly keeping MW closed and only logging in to check on things. I'm trying to return to "It's always one of my few open tabs" to help encourage me to check in more often and get back to more quick and consistent posting. :)