Out of Character Chat

mildly_competent

@MC : I am afraid we may lose track of them again, so do you think it would be appropriate to add a little more bullet points in our objectives about the frost giants / Jhoran Vhane / Nurah, please ?

I don't think we need to do the same with Jestak, or do we ? I believe she has already "sided" with us, roughly speaking.

Am I missing some other NPC from the previous threads, please ?

Whew, I tried hard to get a post up this weekend, but a bunch of extra stuff came up that delayed things. Trying to get a post up now, though!

On 4/21/2024 at 10:44 PM, Thot said:

@MC : I am afraid we may lose track of them again, so do you think it would be appropriate to add a little more bullet points in our objectives about the frost giants / Jhoran Vhane / Nurah, please ?

Yes, happy to try and do that! Honestly, some of this is very open ended, and some of it kind of slipped my mind (Right, Jhoran Vhane exists!). So there might not be 100% clear objectives to write out. But I'll at least write something there that mentions them so you can keep them in mind.

Jestak is another character that you've shown some interest in, though she seems to have sorted herself out for the most part and is doing her best to keep the Kellid community together and whatnot.

I believe that the Sylvester-Stallone-looking dude, whats his name... Arles Jhestander! He went to keep the shrine together, the one you found on your way here. I imagine that checking in with him would be part of that objective.

Sequoyah has been keeping track of Aron (I assume), who is managing to keep away from any drug temptation, as best anyone can tell. It turns out that with a supportive community, activities to keep one busy, and a lack of demonic influences literally and figuratively tempting you with a vice, one's chances for recovery go up!

To the extent that you want to keep tabs on the Resurrected Chaleb, we can definitely do that.

There's also Leriel Marden, a minor character from Chapter 1, who once wielded the Glaive that Sequoyah now holds, who had something of a deathbed conversion. IIRC, hoverfrog around Tier 3 was thinking about making the Glaive legendary, and possibly having her spirit inhabit it. But I'm not sure if those plans have changed.

That's all that's coming to mind right now.

Okay, I have added some vague objectives to at least keep these relevant folks in mind! Feel free to suggest changes to them if you want something more specific or the tone feels off:

• Nurah-- what do we do with that slippery bard?
  • Jhoran Vhane-- is he still alive? Did he wind up getting some sleep? What do we do with him?
  • Frost Giants Out of Time-- How can we support / exploit them?
  • Arles Jhestander-- did he die?
  • Aron-- let's keep that fella busy. Idle hands are the devil's demons' plaything!
  • Chaleb-- How's our redeemed Cavalier doing?
  • Leriel Marden-- did her spirit dissipate into the Ether or something?

Big thumbs up, thank you very much ! I think Leriel was before my time (if I may say so), so I have to admit I wasn't aware of her.

Now, back to crafting perhaps : hoverfrog already stated his interest, and obviously so am I.

@Paro @bubblesmcprather what do you think of further spending 6,000 gp (Paro) // 2,000 gp (bubbles), as per >here< ?

It would basically deplete our treasure, give or take a couple of hundred golds, but we would be fully equiped.

Anything strikes your fancy, please ?

According to the Googledoc, perhaps a +2 Ring of Protection for Gaius ? A Hat of Disguise of Aberian ?

Or you would rather save your share of the treasure for a later upgrade ?

Nurah-- what do we do with that slippery bard?

Let her stew in jail for a bit longer.

Jhoran Vhane-- is he still alive? Did he wind up getting some sleep? What do we do with him?

I think he's basically under house arrest or at least close guard and is helping in the forge.

Frost Giants Out of Time-- How can we support / exploit them?

Honestly, I hope they leave for the distant north but as long as they're around tree felling and building work seems ideal for them and they make a formidable defence.

Arles Jhestander-- did he die?

He stayed behind at the temple on the way to Drezen. Then later showed up briefly after we liberated the city (possibly a continuity error). Maybe he came to get supplies and then headed back to the temple to repair\defend it.

Aron-- let's keep that fella busy. Idle hands are the devil's demons' plaything!

Quite right too.

Chaleb-- How's our redeemed Cavalier doing?

I thought he was trainung new cavaliers now.

Leriel Marden-- did her spirit dissipate into the Ether or something?

She's in the glaive, ready to serve.

1 - Gaius's Ring

Since you already got a +1 Ring of Protection, upgrading it to +2 will only cost 3,000 gp. I don't remember if Justiel got a +1 Ring too or not, but if he does, Luohn can upgrade both with your alloted share, if you would like.

2 - Notable NPC

Nurah : agreed, but I think she's already been shaken when we managed to liberate Drezen. Add to that that we came back with an army of Frost Giants, and also slew Vorimeerak, she may soon rethink her paradigm, I think.

Arles Jhestander : since he is currently something like the keeper of a former temple to Sarenrae, Luohn would probably help the man if needed. If the temple is still dedicated to the Dawnflower, and not reused for Iomedae, that is.

In case you haven't noticed yet, I created an OOC Rolls thread, and rolled Init for Luohn. It is below the Elementals, hence why I am not posting anything at the moment.

Yep, I saw that, and appreciate it. :) But it looks like we don't have rolls from @Paro or @bubblesmcprather. While I might normally push forward, in a combat opener (or combat generally) I want to be a bit careful in case I do something that results in bad outcomes for the players.

I hope y'all are doing well. Things continue to be complicated on my end, but have been calming down a bit. I hope that trend continues!

I hope you're all well, healthy and rested !

To prepare for the fight to come, I would like to make sure we are all properly geared. So, again, I looked at >our Google Doc< :

- @hoverfrog what would you like to do with your share of 6,000 gp, please ? you obviously have ideas, but I don't think I can find a clear choice anywhere, sorry.

- @Paro likewise, please ? I have done some checking (Gaius Sheet & Justiel Sheet), and I am not sure if they are up to date. Justiel already has a +2 Ring of Protection and a Cloak of Resistance +2 according the Google Doc, but not on its sheet, so you may want to update the sheet and spend some of your money elsewhere. Or obviously you can decide to save it, for instance to eventually upgrade your Belt of Mighty Constitution +4 to a Belt of Physical Might +4 later, for the modest sum of 12,000 gp...

- @bubblesmcprather obviously, the question is the same for you for your remaining share of 2,000 gp. Answer when you can, of course.

And as for me, I need to work on Luohn as well, obviously... Both sheet and gear...

7 hours ago, Thot said:

what would you like to do with your share of 6,000 gp, please ? you obviously have ideas, but I don't think I can find a clear choice anywhere, sorry.

3k to upgrade my Headband of Mental Prowess +2 to a Headband of Mental Superiority +2 with Survival as the skill tied to Intelligence plus a Lesser Metamagic Rod of Extend Spell please

18 hours ago, Thot said:

I hope you're all well, healthy and rested !

To prepare for the fight to come, I would like to make sure we are all properly geared. So, again, I looked at >our Google Doc< :

- @Paro likewise, please ? I have done some checking (Gaius Sheet & Justiel Sheet), and I am not sure if they are up to date. Justiel already has a +2 Ring of Protection and a Cloak of Resistance +2 according the Google Doc, but not on its sheet, so you may want to update the sheet and spend some of your money elsewhere. Or obviously you can decide to save it, for instance to eventually upgrade your Belt of Mighty Constitution +4 to a Belt of Physical Might +4 later, for the modest sum of 12,000 gp...

Thanks. I updated the sheet for Justiel.

For Gaius, I could have his Ring of Protection upgraded to +2 instead and then save the rest... unless there is available gp to also upgrade his Cloack of +2 Resistance of Free Will to +3. If not, I could save the GP for next round of Crafting.