Preliminary Discussion

Primeval Stasis

So we are ditching Microscope? I kind of like it and I would definitely prefer if we don't do that, because it gives a structure (and I prefer that way) and the same opportunity for everyone to contribute and create.

First we decide a setting. Generic is the best option to leave room for building later.

Second round we choose things that we want to be part of the world. These things must be used somewhere.

Third we choose things to ban. Things that cannot be used anywhere.

Then we start building with one player at each time choosing the round focus.

Edited by yxanthymir (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, yxanthymir said:

So we are ditching Microscope. I kind of like it and I would definitely prefer if we don't do that, because it gives an structure (and I prefer that way) and the same opportunity for everyone to contribute and create.

First we decide a setting. Generic is the best option to leave room for building later.

Second round we choose things that we want to be part of the world. These things must be used somewhere.

A structure would be good,but we could try out a different system as well,not just Microscope

2 hours ago, yxanthymir said:

So we are ditching Microscope? I kind of like it and I would definitely prefer if we don't do that, because it gives an structure (and I prefer that way) and the same opportunity for everyone to contribute and create.

I would still prefer Microscope, but when I prompted a simple single sentence pitch (the first step), it kept driving into a lot of deep world-building and stuff. So it felt like it was not really going to work for this group which is ok. I'm kind of thinking I might start a different game for those who want to play Microscope specifically.

Edit:

Maybe that's a better idea, to break off. You three seem to be vibing pretty well and have a cool idea. I'm interested to see where it goes, but I feel a little lost on contributing. And the more I thought about microscope the more excited I was about that. So I might turn the game over to you three.

2 hours ago, Fwog said:

A structure would be good,but we could try out a different system as well,not just Microscope

Definitively not opposed to that, as long as it is an easy system and easily acquired. I am only mentioning Microscope, because I know how to use it.

3 hours ago, Primeval Stasis said:

I would still prefer Microscope, but when I prompted a simple single sentence pitch (the first step), it kept driving into a lot of deep world-building and stuff. So it felt like it was not really going to work for this group which is ok. I'm kind of thinking I might start a different game for those who want to play Microscope specifically.

Edit:

Maybe that's a better idea, to break off. You three seem to be vibing pretty well and have a cool idea. I'm interested to see where it goes, but I feel a little lost on contributing. And the more I thought about microscope the more excited I was about that. So I might turn the game over to you three.

Sad to see you go,If you do make a Microscope game I will be more than happy to join you.

2 minutes ago, Moveslikejagger said:

Soooo... what is happening?

Did the game just die?

Die is such a big word

What happened is the GM saw that the game was going in a direction he couldn't go with and had to step down

Guess one of us have to be the new GM

Edited by Fwog (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, Fwog said:

Die is such a big word

What happened is the GM saw that the game was going in a direction he couldn't go with and had to step down

Guess one of us have to be the new GM

Right. Um... Not it? What about you @Fwog @yxanthymir

So, if we sort that issue out...

Are we Freeform, Dawn of Worlds, Microscope? Yxan seems to prefer Microscope, I suggested DOW

Are we vibing as Primeval suggests? Can we all reach consensus on these two things and move ahead?

4 hours ago, Moveslikejagger said:

Right. Um... Not it? What about you @Fwog @yxanthymir

So, if we sort that issue out...

Are we Freeform, Dawn of Worlds, Microscope? Yxan seems to prefer Microscope, I suggested DOW

Are we vibing as Primeval suggests? Can we all reach consensus on these two things and move ahead?

I feel like DOW works better for the world we are trying to build,and I can be the GM if nobody else steps up.

Sorry.

Great ideas so far!

I do feel some structure could help..

like turns or what not.

About number of gods-

maybe number of *main* gods- the same as out group and dozens of minor ones, so we can always add stuff if we want.

The same way... You dont really has to know a finite number of how many planets exist in the Star Wars universe.

• 3 weeks later...