Raun the Sentinel

Irrelephant668

My idea is for living armor/golem who was designed for defense/coexistance. His core imperative no longer meshes with Sihdlund's new imperialist agenda, and he's striking off on his own

Identity: Warden of the Hinterlands
Preferred Group Type: Seekers or Brought Together By Fate
Theme: Hope
Origin: Sidhlund/Vossen
Quirk: RobotYou are not considered a living creature and gain Immunity to poison damage and Resistance to earth damage. You are also immune to the poisoned status effect.

You do not need to breathe, eat or drink, but you still follow the normal rules for resting; you also recover Hit Points and recover from status effects as normal.

You gain a +2 bonus to all Checks you perform to examine or interact with machines, technology and constructs (except for Accuracy Checks and Magic Checks

Attributes: Willpower d10, Might d8, Insight d8, Dexterity d6

• Guardian 2: Protect, Defensive Master 1
• Chimerist 2: Spell Mimic 1, Feral Speech
• Floralist 1: Chloromancy 1 (Golden Ginkgo)

• Hit Points: 55 = 5 level + 40 Might + 5 Guardian + 5 Floralist
• Mind Points: 60 = 5 level + 50 Willpower + 5 Chimerist
• Inventory Points: 6 = 6 base
• Defense: 12 = 10 Runic Plate + 2 Runic Shield
• Magic Defense: 11 = 8 Insight + 1 Runic Plate + 2 Runic Shield

Equipmentspacer.png

Staff (100z)

Runic Plate (250z)

Runic Shield (150z)

Chimerist Spells [MIG+WLP] - Max 3

Monster

Beast

Plant

Vampiric LashTarget suffers [HR+15] poison damage. Recover HP equal to 1/2 HP lost by target (10MP, 1 Creature, Instant)

Edited by Irrelephant668 (see edit history)

... Okay, I know Fabula Ultima leads to fun, creative character ideas, but I continue to be surprised in the best possible way. :)

Would you say Raun was a creation of Sihdlund's authorities: a Summer Guard artificer, a member of the Council of Elders or a firm of thaumawrights contracted by them? Or was he more of a personal project for an individual, one who themselves don't/wouldn't agree with Sihdlund's current developments?

Hmmm.... I think the Summer Guard primarily, with input/allowances for the old Vossen equivalent? They went poetic with his imperative after long discussions, something like "Shelter and defend the heart of this land" with unexpected consequences after many many years

How long has it been since Madrigal was summoned / conquered Vossen?

I threw out twenty years in the game description. I'm kinda okay to play with that if it's helpful, and I don't think Sihdlund changed right away. In the immediate aftermath, most folks probably believed it was the end of the world. Sihdlund was used to Vossen invading, they would've expected Madrigal to come for them next, and be stronger than ever before.

The transition from that state of readiness to finally accepting the attack wasn't coming, and the nation recalibrating... I'm thinking there were 'humanitarian' moves to occupy areas of southern Vossen about five to eight years after Madrigal, and the first invasion of what would be the Four Towers is about 10 years ago now. There's room to play with that, but the Alliance is battle tested and has gotten over most of the inital tension. Sihdlund was expecting a relatively easy time rolling over nations one after another. They do hold more ground now, but both sides are on a reasonably even footing.

Makes sense, I can definitely work with 20 years

I'm gonna say Raun and his post were largely ignored after the initial defensive concerns, not particularly strategically or politically important, more an outdated show of good faith at that point. So for the last several years he's just been doing the same thing as always, until the army came knocking again and he refused