Rift of Harrier Du Bois, AKA Tequila Sunset - Madman

Personal Details

Age - 35
Occupation - Jazz Musician
Hobby - Mini-golf, knitting

Likes: Drinking, Smoking, Valium, Sleeping in, Live music, Cats
Dislikes: Early mornings, Physical touch (strangers), Being alone, Dogs

Background

Ian's memory is like a piece of swiss cheese these days. Since the incident, parts of his life are simply voids missing in the greater tapestry. Though, thanks to some therapy, and the gentle reminding by his boyfriend, major landmarks have been reestablished.

He had a typical childhood with loving parents, who though they were fairly poor, they never let Ian starve or face any real neglect. Despite his lower class upbringing, younger Ian showed a great interest in the performing arts and wished to display his skills to an audience. All throughout primary/secondary school Ian took music classes, and when he was a senior in high school he decided to apply for colleges with robust music programs. 

Here are more holes, but shining amongst the missing spots are memories of meeting Donovan. Ian was wild and uncouth, while Donovan was a cool collected cucumber, and yet they harmonized like no other, musically and otherwise. The two of them both pursued a Master of Music (Jazz Studies) degree, playing in many ensembles, living together, and even traveling the country together after graduation.

The closer to the present and the incident, the less and less Ian recalls. There must have been a dark stretch, one that really tore him apart to where he felt no other escape than to take a final bow. No matter how hard he tries to remember, the worse his heads hurts, like his whole persona is trying to save him from remembering something.

Then there's the hospital bed. His throat hurts, his voice is raw... and he has a searing headache. The doctors say that due to the hypoxic brain damage sustained during his suicide attempt, that he's suffering from retrograde amnesia

Awakening Event

Sense...

Cool air danced across Ian's face, wafting down from the air ducts in his hospital room. Outward into the hall, the hustle and bustle of attending nurses and squeaking wheels of med-carts, beyond that, the bell dinged in the elevator. Metal doors creaking open, and the sound of familiar shoes hurriedly beating on the tile. Ian could smell the aftershave of his long-time boyfriend. He could hear the thrumming of a deeply worried heart, a heart who once beat in time with his. Salt. Ian tasted salty tears streaming down a soft and familiar cheek.

How? That was a whole floor away, on the opposite side of the ward.

Suddenly his heart twinged with an icicle like pain, and his eyes darted towards the door. THEY'RE COMING FOR YOU, IAN. THE ONES WHO RESTRAINED YOU, SHACKLED YOU LIKE A DOG. Looking down at his wrists, Ian noticed that he was indeed restrained in his hospital bed, padded cuffs to the frame. Tugging a moment in panic to no avail. Just then, the attending Doctor opened the door after knocking.

"Mr Bloom, my name is Doctor Klein, you're in the emergency department. Those restraints are to stay in place until we feel that you are no longer a threat to yourself."  the Doctor explained, making his way from the doorway towards the bed. Ian's eyes were wide, manic, the icicle still twisting in his heart. THE ONLY ONE THAT IS A THREAT IS HIM, IAN. "Once we've done a 24 hour observation, and have you assessed by our psychologist, we'll discuss the next steps. In the meantime, we called your emergency contact, Mr Donovan Mitchell."

The icicle melted in his chest, and his breathing slowed down.

"Mr Mitchell, you may come in now. I'll leave you two alone." The Doctor moved out the door, and coming directly in next was who Ian had sensed well before he came.

Puffy red eyes, but still the same eyes he felt safe looking into before met his at the door. Brace yourself mate, this is going to be a f'ing DOOZY.  In mere moments, Donovan crossed the room and sat next to the bedside, laying his head on Ian's chest. Donovan quietly sobbed will gripping Ian's hands for a while.

Go on, try to say something Ian. Really push through it, mate.

With a severely collapsed and bruised windpipe, Ian finally agonized out a few words "I'm so sorry."

LOGOS- Mission: Like Batman, but like, way worse.

Identity: "Ever since surviving the attempt on my own life, I've wanted to find reasons to matter to people, and thereby give me reasons to... stick around. Protecting people could give me that reason."

Power Tags

WHAT DO YOU NEED MOST IN ORDER TO
CARRY OUT YOUR MISSION?
Brawling
WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU HAVE ABOUT
THE TARGET OR GOAL OF YOUR MISSION?
Urban tales and legends
WHAT SORT OF TACTICS OR METHODS DO
YOU EMPLOY TO REACH YOUR GOAL?
Interrogation
Extra Tag - WHAT USEFUL POSITION OR STATUS DID YOU
HAVE TO EARN FOR THE MISSION TO SUCCEED?
Street Cred

Weakness Tags

WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OR BURDENS
OF PURSUING THE MISSION?
Domestic problems
Extra Tag - WHICH APPROACH OR PSYCHOLOGICAL
DISPOSITION WILL GET IN THE WAY OF YOUR
ENDEAVORS?
Bouts of Despair

LOGOS- Defining Event: Amnesiac

Identity - "Had a mental breakdown and tried to end it. Survived the attempt, but now have retrograde amnesia surrounding the circumstances of the attempted suicide."

Power Tags

WHAT KIND OF STRONG EMOTION DID
YOUR DEFINING EVENT LEAVE YOU WITH?
Nihilism
WHAT PART OF YOUR OLD SELF, WHILE DEEPLY
CHANGED, STILL SERVES YOU?
Famous Jazz musician (Niche, jazz fans only)
WHO DID YOU BOND OR CONNECT WITH IN
THE AFTERMATH OF YOUR DEFINING EVENT?
My longtime boyfriend and bandmate, Donovan

Weakness Tags

WHAT IS NOW BROKEN WITHIN YOU, PHYSICALLY OR MENTALLY, DUE TO YOUR DEFINING EVENT? More distant

LOGOS- Defining Relationship: In Harmony

Identity - "Donovan is a saint for dealing with me."
Power Tags

WHY IS THIS RELATIONSHIP SO IMPORTANT
TO YOU?
Keeps me tethered to the "real world", reminds me that I matter
NAME A USEFUL QUALITY OR SKILL THEY
HAVE AND THAT THEY CAN USE TO HELP
YOU.
Love can heal anything
NAME AN ACTIVITY THAT YOU SHARE. Play in band together

Weakness Tags

WHAT NEGATIVE EFFECT DO THEY HAVE ON
YOU?
Always checking up on me during inopportune times, especially times where I'm in danger.

MYTHOS- Bastion: Madman

Mystery- "What kind of person needs so many ways to protect themselves? What are they so afraid of?"

Power Tags

WHAT QUALITY OR ABILITY GRANTED BY YOUR MYTHOS MOST OFTEN PROTECTS YOU? Pain Threshold: "Pain Threshold ignores damage so you can push on, bloodied and crawling, to the bitterest end. It enables you to negate damage you would otherwise take. Even mental pain – heartache and loneliness. In fact, these things can become a thrill you seek out and perversely revel in. Pain Threshold turns in on itself in seriously unhealthy way, with full-on self-destructive behavior. "
WHAT OTHER EFFECT OR QUALITY, NOT NECESSARILY DEFENSIVE, CAME WITH YOUR DEFENSE? Shivers: "Shivers come when the temperature drops and you become more keenly aware of your surroundings. It enables you to hear the city itself, to truly belong to the streets. It is a supernatural ability; old wrongs play out in present time, scenes across the city happen in front of you. But who is speaking to you? Shivers may make you seem mad to the outside world – as you listen to the city, you don’t listen to others."
WHAT TACTICS DO YOU EMPLOY WHEN YOU USE YOUR DEFENSE? Half Light: "Half Light is your fight-or-flight response. It enables you to sense the way situations are about to turn. It injects palpable fear into your heart – fear that urges you act before it’s too late to act ever again; fear that makes you frighten others. It is the aggression that lets you squeeze every last drop of information out of a witness. Half Light makes you ultra-attuned to the world. It is perpetual fear – of your own shadow, of someone else’s name or scent. You’ll be ready, always, to pounce and physically interrogate passersby."

Weakness Tags

WHAT PERSONALITY TRAIT DERIVED FROM YOUR DEFENSE GETS YOU INTO TROUBLE? Self-deprecating attitude, with little regard for own well being.

• 1 month later...

I like Disco Elysium, despite I am yet to finish the game. Lost my progress twice.

The first 2 logos tags are Ok, but the 2 last ones are too long. Try to make them smaller with fewer words, and more to the point. The goal is to be simple and easily identified, not only by you, but everyone in the game.